[A11] Darkness

Started by Viceroy, February 11, 2015, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HBKRKO619

Great immersion mod, I take it without a doubt :)

elStrages

nice mod, I see my defence mod in the top left of the first picture lol, hope your enjoying it.

Viceroy

Regarding walking speed and stumbling, not at the moment, I fear I may need to do a .dll mod to achieve that. I'd like to decrease accuracy into darkness further and make it slow colonists down quite a bit. The logic being they are walking carefully and feeling the way.

If anyone can give me a pointer into the right direction I'd be eternally grateful.

And once again thank you all for the feedback!

And to elStrages, I love it. :)
Dog goes moo!

numen0r

Quote from: skullywag on February 11, 2015, 01:58:00 PM
This makes me want to speed up dev on my spotlight mod.....

maybe release your health pods that some people (me) have been impatiently waiting for.  :'(

skullywag

haha no worries numen0r i have a version incoming, I think i finally have a use for all that herbal medicine ;)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

fuman200

I was just thinking about this the other night. There should be a mod to make the night more dark.  This will go great once the zombie mod is updated and with the spotlight turret mod will make this all a complete experience.

@Viceroy should go talk with the zombie mod creator and see if you guys can get it working together =)

Ribas

Great mod.
I was looking fot that.  8)

Zandor

Is it possible to make your two mods work in tandem so that the horrors attack a night time?

Viceroy

I'll definitely take a look at the zombie mod to see what tricks it has. If it wasn't for all the mods readily available as-is, then I would certainly not have been able to start modding Rimworld.

As for Zandor, I replied to that question in the Horrors thred, the gist of it though is that I am not sure how I'd go about that, but if I can figure it out or stumble on it then I will do so.
Dog goes moo!

Redshadow

Great mod, now adds something for lights to actually light up(excluding colonist moods)
One minor issue that'd possibly not really an issue I thought I'd report though; The eclipse event returns the darkness back to vanilla for the duration of the event. This might not be an issue because it might be able to be explained by sunlight still partially managing to get past the moon(around the corners, actual eclipses tend to have a ring of light around them, thus making the area experiencing the eclipse not completely dark.
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...

Viceroy

Yeah that is a known bug, I haven't figured out from where the game gets those light levels as of yet. Hopefully I'll happen upon it smartly.
Dog goes moo!

MrWashingToad

"Johns: How's it look?
Riddick: Looks clear.
[Johns steps forward, and a creature flies out towards them. They duck and it flies into the night]
Johns: You said it was clear!
Riddick: I said it *looked* clear.
Johns: Well, how does it look now?
Riddick: Looks clear."
- Pitch Black

Oooooh I see many fun things with this...
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Viceroy

Awesome quote dude, I love Riddick.

Throw it on the motivation pile! :D
Dog goes moo!

MrWashingToad

It was the first thing I thought of when I saw your mods come out - OMG we're getting a 'Riddick' mod and we've landed on M6-117.

Think you could make the darkness mod trigger every 22 game years, starting from a random number generated on landing? Say one time you land, it is, call it, 7 years till event, while another new colony would give you a different time to event?

That event would call on your other mod to unleash the critters, which would then wreak havoc for a while?
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Viceroy

That's a bit beyond the scope of this particular mod (As it currently stands.) it is however an interesting idea. One that I'll certainly take note of.
Dog goes moo!