[A11] Darkness

Started by Viceroy, February 11, 2015, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmid

Quote from: Viceroy on June 23, 2015, 01:30:52 PM
Huzzah!

UPDATED TO ALPHA 11!

Please give 'em a whirl and let me know if it is working proper-like. I'll be spending some more time on the forum again so yay for that, hopefully I can get some cool shit posted.

You guys rule! No better reason to mod than cool people enjoying it.
sorry forgot to say, this mod rocks.
Hated it at the start... now can't play without it :D

I'm sure there are plenty of others who are using your mod, but are too lazy or have forgotten to post here after you released your update.

Ty.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

akiceabear

Love this mod, it really adds to the atmosphere/intensity of the game.

Suggestion/question: is it possible for raids names (in red) not to appear past a certain level of darkness? That would really intensify raids at night!

iame6162013

Oh, boy... I think I didn't build lights since alpha 3.
Thank you very much.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Vas

I thought this might be that mod that had that darkness event with the void creatures.  xP
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

kaptain_kavern

I have a problem using this mod : Everyday, during transition between night/day and day/night the luminosity suddenly go brighter (a lot) during transition, after it's OK, Night are dark and day are bright. Any help please?

falcongrey

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 02, 2015, 03:03:37 PM
I have a problem using this mod : Everyday, during transition between night/day and day/night the luminosity suddenly go brighter (a lot) during transition, after it's OK, Night are dark and day are bright. Any help please?

I started noticing this after the 11b patch.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

kaptain_kavern

Thx for feedback. In my case it's prior to 11b (happened as well in 11a)

JesterBlue

The Eclipse! It's so bright! And it happened at night!!!

Ninefinger

Quote from: JesterBlue on July 14, 2015, 03:51:45 AM
The Eclipse! It's so bright! And it happened at night!!!
The eclipse has hard coded lighting to simulate vanilla night time during the day, that is why it has to be disabled to not break the immersion of the darkness mod

kaptain_kavern

Thx for pointing that out Ninefinger.

Is there a way to only disable the eclipse event in a Defs file please?

Ninefinger

Incidents_Bad_Misc.xml

This is my modified version that changes a few incidents days between happening and days before they can fire for the first time and a touch of chance adjustment for Toxic fallout and Volcanic winter.

If you want a stock version copy and paste the same file from your core game into its proper folder destination (Defs/IncidentDefs) into any mod preferably darkness and change the chance for eclipse to 0. Make sure no other mods you are using have this same file and are loaded after it.

[attachment deleted due to age]

kaptain_kavern

Thx a lot.
I will check how your file is done and make modification in mine.

Another piece of the "how the game work" puzzle i'm on ;)

Quote from: Ninefinger
Incidents_Bad_Misc.xml

Make sure no other mods you are using have this same file and are loaded after it.

It's not the file name that matters but the defNames within the files that matter.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.