Tactics

Started by pro447, February 11, 2015, 04:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pro447

Ok I'll start
When I build wind turbine and you have pesky trees blocking some of that wind power so what I do is build wooden floors in the highlighted zones so that no trees are growing back and I'm getting a steady flow of power
Please share it's not like tat tics should be secrets

skullywag

some people use the area to grow crops.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

JonoRig

i use the area to build solar panels, as they dont seem to block

skullywag

only things that are tall will block. Waist height stuff is fine.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

TheSilencedScream

If I wind up having a region that's 40-50%+ mountain, I do build in a mountain, but I build in a bracket shape - [

On one of the ends, I put the kitchen, fridge, prisoner/medical rooms. On the other end, I put a production room - research, stonecutting, etc. I also put chunks of stone INSIDE this room, so that my stonecutter doesn't have to run around a lot or stand outside in whatever weather. Each of these rooms have doors to the outside.

The center is completely comprised of bedrooms for my colonists on each side of the hall. If needed, I also put 1-2 of the large heaters (from Central Heating mod) in this hallway to keep the entire place warm.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

RickyMartini

If I happen to have many snipers, I like making a 1-entry-only colony with the first entrance being exactly when the snipers can reach them, making the enemys walk the longest distance possible while being exposed to my snipers. left and right from the snipers I place the rest of the colonists with other weapons plus some turrets.

RemingtonRyder

If you ever have trouble with raiders bashing your doors, consider having a second and third door near to the main entrance so that you can send in the melee tag team to stab them in the back. ;)

Matthiasagreen

I like stone walls, so I amass tons of chunks in my stockpile and build 2-4 stoneworking tables right next to the stockpile. I then mark them to do forever over the size of the stockpile and drop them on the floor when created. Put all the colonists to work for a few days and you have a huge amount of stone blocks in a short amount of time.

Not sure if that's the kind of thing you are looking for.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Listy

Mass hilarity can ensue if you have trigger happy colonists with grenades covering a door to your base, and the exit from your killbox.

They even clean up after themselves.

pro447

Do you think that using rock chunks could be as effective at slowing down raider as the sandbags
Also as cover cause raiders seem to like to hide in amongst them for cover or just stick with sandbags ?

Bitharne

People often will line the outside of their walls in 2-3 tiles deep rock chunks to keep raiders from wanting to attack the walls. This will make them more likely to funnel in through the front door instead of randomly smacking your walls.

muffins

I try to give my main haulers two bionic legs, giving them 140% walk speed.

A good shooter with two bionic eyes and an M24 doesn't mess about.

I try to produce as much devilstrand pants/Tshirts that I can for my power armoured militia for the extra protection. Hyperweave is even better.

Mass produce wooden gladius swords. The wood is a renewable resource, and higher quality swords can be sold for buckets of money.

Mass produce cotton/leather clothes for the same reason. Exotic traders will take them and seem to have more money than the other traders.

Skin enemies and make clothes from their hides. Sell the meat to bulk traders.

If you have a big colony and a big kitchen, have a one-tile stockpile for veg and another for meat set to critical near the stoves. Have the cooks drop the meals on the floor. This way your haulers can do the leg work bringing raw food from your main freezer to the kitchen, and meals to the meal pile, leaving your cooks free to just cook at maximum efficiency.

RickyMartini

Quote from: muffins on February 12, 2015, 03:53:20 AM
If you have a big colony and a big kitchen, have a one-tile stockpile for veg and another for meat set to critical near the stoves. Have the cooks drop the meals on the floor. This way your haulers can do the leg work bringing raw food from your main freezer to the kitchen, and meals to the meal pile, leaving your cooks free to just cook at maximum efficiency.

I have to try that.

Coolrah

Quote from: Skissor on February 12, 2015, 08:29:34 AM

I have to try that.
seconded.

Most people probably know this but you can sometimes pull the melee attackers from groups of raiders and tribals away from the main group and take them out without their ranged support which can make dealing with raids much easier if your ill prepared.

Apophis

Or have your kitchen in a freezer, this saves time on the hauling :) Also the cooking is quite fast, I can sustain 30 colonists with 2 stoves.