Animal Taming

Started by xDahaka2012x, February 12, 2015, 12:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xDahaka2012x

There was this mod that allowed you to tame animals so they would breed. But that was all the mod did. And I'm not sure the the author still keeps it up to date.
Than an idea came to me: what if you could tame animals and use them for fighting purposes? Just imagine: you tame an animal and can rush it right into a fight to die for you (mwahaha!). Or you could use it to haul valuable resources from one point to another. It could be controlled either manually or through their tamer (the last is prefered for better immersion).
Then you could add some equipment for animals - armors, packs and even weapons (monkey with a grenade would seem ridiculously fun xP). And then there's MORE - you could make them augmentable - give them some prostetics or bionics if they lose some vital organs or you would want to make them better fighters/haulers.
BTW, fighting and hauling must be their only tasks 'cuz muffalo making a surgery would look dumb :P
What do you, guys, think about it?

elStrages

This is the mod you were on about: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6063.0
Taming creatures to fight might be a good idea. I kinda think having an army of war tortoises would be fun

HaydnBrazier

yea i love the idea of there being animals to tame and then use as colonists. or to domesticate for farming. then you could milk the muffalo or kill them for hides and meat while within the safety of your walls. bionic war muffalo sounds amazing! perhaps mounted guns on their backs too!

xDahaka2012x

BTW, I must say that I'm not a moder myself and I have no idea of coding at all. So if someone decides to take up this idea - I would be very happy.