tent for outside?

Started by FridayBiology, February 12, 2015, 08:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FridayBiology

tent suggestion, you could build it using cotton and wood as well as a cheap starter housing you  could create a refugee city out the front of your colony for unwanted colonists...

> outdoor sleeping without debuff of slept outside.
> if sleeping while rain event you'd need a debuff "cold and tired"
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

RickyMartini

Since you can build a room almost instantly with some wood or steel I don't see this helping the game in any way. Maybe the first minute of gameplay.

Kagemusha

Agree with Skissor.
Isn't something that is needed at all.

Its Spotlight

Just because something more effective is easier, it doesn't mean it should be passed up. It would be a cool thing for role playing and immersion, making your own scenarios. And possibly down the line have certain items chain into eachother with their own buffs/themes.

Something like a tented outdoor area for quarantine of certain colonists, rather than keeping them indoors. I picture zombie apocalypse scenarios where they substitute tented medical areas and things like that rather than building full on rooms, whether for ease or lack of resources. If only for the different feel of the game. Tented areas in actual rooms for extra degrees of separation, causing less of a debuff but still a degree privacy. Tented walkways for long stretches of outdoors that your colonists may need to travel, keeping shade or heat in a little more. Possible areas for enemies to hide/travel through.

ManWithNoName

Yeh how cold tents every be useful?!

Oh wait maybe the colonists could go camping! (no joke)

Lets say my colony is one end of the map and their are muffalo at the other end of the map or even some ore i want by the time my colonists get their they are already hungry and tired. So why not allow me to build a little camp site? where they have some resources to deal with the job at hand.

Danger's could be animals attacking them, pirates, cold, food going off, all sorts of things including even cramped environment if they use it too long. It could even deteriorate with the weather conditions etc.

As already mentioned it would also bring another look into the game with tent like structures and while it may add a small debuf to sleeping outside they of cause would still have sleeping on the floor and possibly in the dark if you forget to build a campfire.

This idea could also help with long distance mining into the mountain, clear an area big enough and set up a tent they call home rather than running back and forth and they dont lose their sleeping spot at home they just goto the closest one.

200Down

Sounds like mod territory honestly. Interesting idea though. Options are always nice :)

Edit: Just had a thought..... erm... I think it was..... YEP it's a thought.
What if visitors brought and pitched tents instead of roaming aimlessly around your base? Meh..., still a mod but it's an idea lolz. Least you wouldn't have it cluttering up UI build slots but could still have a way to acquire them if you really wanted.

Kirid

I looked into making this a mod months ago, the major problem is getting the heads to disappear.
Right now we only have <Bed_ShowSleeperBody>True</Bed_ShowSleeperBody>
And I know nothing about tricking the debuffs to thinking it's indoors.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

FridayBiology

traders beds where the original idea, though colonist tents is cooler personally.

Quote from: 200Down on February 14, 2015, 12:56:30 AM
Sounds like mod territory honestly. Interesting idea though. Options are always nice :)

Edit: Just had a thought..... erm... I think it was..... YEP it's a thought.
What if visitors brought and pitched tents instead of roaming aimlessly around your base? Meh..., still a mod but it's an idea lolz. Least you wouldn't have it cluttering up UI build slots but could still have a way to acquire them if you really wanted.

i've looked at rotation beds (counts as a bed for everyone) where if bed filled then the colonist would go to next closest though couldn't get around the coding.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

200Down

Didn't give it all that much thought really before posting. So not really mod territory but who knows. If your lucky he'll add something with similar properties to work with. If not, maybe dlc :) Use tents for our own guys when they attack those other bases after landing. Kinda wish we could already do that but that's another thread :P

joao pedro pow

I think that would be cool, some colonists of another faction may have to stand there one night and continue their journey the next day , or even a guard shack , with a bonfire to watch enemies , um attacks?   ;D