New Dumping Area Option

Started by Thubin, November 09, 2013, 10:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thubin

It would be nice to see an option to ban inorganic (Slag, rock debris etc.) from certain dumping areas. I like separating out the dead squirrels, boomrats etc. into a different area to burn later so there isn't a massive pile-up in my other dumping areas. I also use dumping areas similar to sandbags for defense, so organic material there seems silly. It seems to me that it wouldn't be difficult to put an added option, since there is already one for raiders, colonists, and animals.

Thanks and keep up the great work!!
"If at first you don't succeed; that's a data point."
"No, if at first you don't succeed; you fail, and the test will be terminated."

Amaror

There already are these options.
Just click the button on the left bottom when you have a dumping area selected and it gives you a more detailed checklist of what to put in there.

Black_Fox

There's just option to ban dead colonists/strangers/animals, you can't ban the remaining dumpable items.

EDIT: I was wrong. You can set each item individually.

Wopian

Quote from: Amaror on November 09, 2013, 10:58:47 AM
Just click the button on the left bottom when you have a dumping area selected and it gives you a more detailed checklist of what to put in there.

He already said he knows there's a checkbox for Raiders, Colonists and Animals. But none for slag/debris. That's what the thread was about.

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

glenn

Spike

I've had this thought also.  However, I do know Tynan is planning to completely redo the stockpile system - so if it ends up with customization options like Dwarf Fortress, we won't need separate dumping areas.

Thubin

Good point Spike, though if it's not a major tweak to the game (I know nothing about coding), it'd be nice in the interim.

Sacarathe

Quote from: Amaror on November 09, 2013, 10:58:47 AM

Click. The. Tab. On. The. Stockpile. "Storage." As this guy has said.

IncRaven

:O I never knew this was there!

ShadowDragon8685

Manual burns are a pain, especially since the director seems to be coded to initiate rainfall any time a big, expanding, out-of-control outdoors fire gets going, to prevent it from choking the CPU.

I just stick dead critters in my deathroad graves. When they go off to evaporate a line of raiders faster than a medium-priced prostitute evaporates a line of cocaine off the breasts of another prostitute of similar price point, they detonate the contents of the graves, both critter and the previous run of raiders alike.
Raiders must die!

AspenShadow

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 11, 2013, 09:33:45 AM
I just stick dead critters in my deathroad graves. When they go off to evaporate a line of raiders faster than a medium-priced prostitute evaporates a line of cocaine off the breasts of another prostitute of similar price point, they detonate the contents of the graves, both critter and the previous run of raiders alike.

*Long-Suffering Sigh* I appreciate the exaggerated joke, but please watch your language.

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: AspenShadow on November 11, 2013, 11:37:19 AM*Long-Suffering Sigh* I appreciate the exaggerated joke, but please watch your language.

I'm pretty sure there was no actually vulgar/profane language in that analogy.  :o
Raiders must die!

Thubin

Quote from: Sacarathe on November 11, 2013, 05:04:18 AM

Click. The. Tab. On. The. Stockpile. "Storage." As this guy has said.

Thanks for the image link!

The passive aggressive post was a little much though. I'm sorry I haven't had the time to find every single feature like you have.