Nomadic Playstyle

Started by Halinder, February 14, 2015, 02:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halinder

I realize it'd take a lot of work and completely shift gears in the game, which is why I closely contemplated putting this in the mod section, but it fits here. Kinda.

So, whenever/if going to different areas on the map becomes a thing, the next step I'd want to ask for is ways to interact with other settlements in a more RPG-like fashion rather than raiding pirate factions or casually passing by outlanders, killing their prisoners and claiming their food. This way the colony building game can also become the nomadic traveler game, something I've wanted to do in Rimworld for a while which the addition of campfires has definitely fueled. I'm not really capable of organizing my thoughts right now so I can only hope this is coherent, and right now just trying to see if anything is being done like this or if people want this to happen.

Didact04

This seems like something that will be easier to work with if we aren't locked into a certain box of existence and that we can never leave.

When and if we get procedural world generation and the ability to traverse the landscape, truly nomadic playstyles will be a lot more feasible.

I'm really looking forward to some of the directions this game can go with non-human colonists, too. Maybe there will be alien species that get very distinct perks from moving around, or suffer from staying in one place for too long.

Halinder

The whole lore aspect of Rimworld says there aren't really aliens, just mechanoids and severely genetically changed beings. But yeah, it'd be neat if these genetically modified people started working their way into being colonists, rather than the normal human being standard for everything. Genetic modification needs to be a thing, it'll be great seeing someone travelling the wastes of a desert with large humps on their backs for food storage. Perhaps there'll be mods that add in scenarios, where you have to travel across the world to reach the only land capable of still steadily growing food in order to survive. There are a lot of ways Rimworld can go right now, and I'm hoping this is one of them.