Dominant Hand

Started by milon, February 13, 2015, 01:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

I'd like to see the implementation of Dominant Hand for all human(oid) pawns.  The dominant hand, just like in real life, is more effective than the non-dominant hand.  Most pawns (80%?) would be right-handed, a few (15%?) would be left-handed, and rarely (5%?) they would be ambidextrous.

Losing the non-dominant hand/arm would impact hand/arm skills in a small way.  Losing the dominant hand/arm would impact hand/arm skills in a big way.  Losing both would disable the skill entirely.

Not exactly a "cheap" idea, but not terribly complex either, I think.  And it would add a little more variety to the colonists.

BattleFalcon

Look for Cassandra "Cassie" Ryan ingame! That's me!

Kazuto Kirigaya

Sounds good to me too. +1
I am highly unstable.

Argon

inman30

I love this idea also, I'm wondering why I didn't think of it before! I hope it gets implemented. +1

Hayhorse

You can still have people head-but trees till they give in without arms. Also, how would somebody that is disabled/bedridden eat without arms?

milon

^ The same way little kids eat.  Face first!  nom, nom, nom!  ;D

loc978

+1

More simulation, we say. Moar!

Hayhorse

What if they have a spinal injurary and cant walk or even move from the neck down?

BetaSpectre

A vegetable stays vegetable.

+1
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

StorymasterQ

Quote from: BetaSpectre on February 16, 2015, 12:06:38 AM
A vegetable stays vegetable.

+1

No, silly. In Rimworld, a vegetable turns to meat for the other colonists :D

inb4 my signature.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

milon

Quote from: Hayhorse on February 15, 2015, 09:36:03 PM
What if they have a spinal injurary and cant walk or even move from the neck down?

Either suffocation or quadriplegia.