So what are you most happy about in the upcoming update?

Started by Ramsis, January 25, 2015, 12:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So what are you most happy about in the upcoming update? (Explain in comments please!)

New crops! (I always wanted to mix it up a bit with what my colonists were eating!)
17 (11.9%)
Drinking! (After a long day of toiling my colonists deserve a good brew... or twelve...)
41 (28.7%)
Visitor Saving! (I've always felt so bad for leaving my allies out there to die.)
48 (33.6%)
Engravings! (It's such a quirky little system but I think it will be wonderful as the game gets developed.)
14 (9.8%)
Beacon Stockpile! (Why didn't it come sooner?!)
16 (11.2%)
Food Poisoning! (What can I say, I'm a masochist at heart!)
7 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 143

Andy_Dandy

Voted food poisoning because it comes closest to my real new favorite feature: Food/appearal/weapon decomposition over time, especially when stored outside. Love it, and has improved the game by alot for me. Even more challenge and things that need to be done early on and later on, and so limited ressources to execute it. Haaaaard priorities, more strategies to choose from, epicness!!!! It's just so wonderfully exciting to build up a functioning colony, and to survive! It also slows me down of course, ergo: makes the game nerve biting exciting even longer.

Needless to say then, I guess, I absolutely love the new increased and better balanced research times, and the fact we have a new tech (brewery).

That said: I love every bit of the new alpha, and what the game is becoming in general. I'm glad there are independent developers with visions, great ideas, skills, and courage to pull them off out there. What a disaster it would have been with a PC-gaming world ruled by the philosophies of EA.

I thought it the first time I saw the game, and I can confidently say it out load now: RIMWORLD IS AN INSTANT CLASSIC!!!!!

milon

Quote from: Cryonist on February 17, 2015, 04:01:52 PM
I like the indoor trade beacons, no more messing with 'no roof zones' anymore.

One of us seems to be misinformed.  (If it's me, please set me straight.)  Where did you read that?  The only notable change I'm aware of is trade beacons getting a create-stockpile button.

EDIT - Sounds like I'm the misinformed one.  Either that, or else it's a really bad forum rumor.  ;)  Haven't played yet, but I'll assume that I was in the wrong here.

Boboid

You can now place trade beacons under roofs ( Overhead mountains included ) and sell items from underneath roofs.
It's bloody awesome :)

Purchased goods (and drop pod attacks) will land outside and external beacons are take precedence so it's significantly easier to force drop pod attacks to land outside your colony, assuming you're willing to haul all purchased goods to more useful areas.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever