Where to Get Small Chunk Pieces

Started by DDog, February 17, 2015, 11:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDog

This is probably from a mod...  but where do you find "Small Chunk Pieces"?

JonoRig

Clutter mod, have to build a ray gun from some small prodution table I do not remember it's name

GoonerKeith

It's a radiation gun made at a Thinker Table  (you need a pistol + steel to craft it) or bought from certain traders. You are then supposed to get your best miner to equip it and then fire it at stone chunks.

And that is where my help ends, because I have never managed to figure out exactly how the 'shooting' works. I've tried right and left clicking in both normal and attack modes and nothing happens, so I've never made anything with small chunks.

mrofa

ugh i need to make some guide for that ...
You select the gun from colonist actions(same like you would with any other gun to chose a target) and target rock chunks(Any rock chunk, marble, sandstone, ect..), ammount of rock chunks you get are mostly randomy with a bit dose of mining skill of colonist that shoot it.
All i do is clutter all around.

GoonerKeith

Yep, that's exactly how I assumed it is supposed to work, but the chunks never show as targets with the gun equipped (unlike a normal enemy).

I'm guessing there is a clash with another of my many mods, but which one is hard to say...

Ignore all that - I've gone back and had another try and worked things out.

The gun only has a range of 3 squares so you need to get your pawn in real close to a chunk. Make sure you are in 'combat' mode and when you are close to the chunk hit the 'B' key. This is similar to choosing a target with a mortar. You can then left click on the chunk and hey presto some small chunks :)