[W|0.8.671] Map for generated regions not showing on alt-tab

Started by Xeonneo, February 16, 2015, 11:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeonneo

When generating a new map, if you're in the preview mode (after having set the seed and size), if you alt-tab out of the program then come back, the map appears as a blank screen. Restarting the map-creation process does fix the issue, as well as switching the view of the map (between biome, full, et c.), however every map switched to will do the same on another alt-tab.

Attached is a picture of how the screen appears when the bug happens.

[attachment deleted due to age]

mrdandd

mine does the same thing, except that it does it from the start. switching modes does not make it visible at all. i have no mods installed.

Gaesatae

mrdandd, try to update your graphic drivers. This issue is known to happen when alt-tab but it's the first time I see someone having this problem at the start of the game.
What OS are you using?

mrdandd

windows 8. it's an Alienware laptop. i'll look into the drivers like you said though.

mrdandd

updated my drivers and restarted laptop, still doing the same thing. i mean, i could click the map to find a suitable area by reading the area data, but i just can't see the map.

Coenmcj

Have you tried re-downloading?
Running in windowed mode instead of full-screen etc?
There's also third party programs such as the AMD Control centre that I know have caused problems in the past. Could try checking the settings of anything that alters display settings.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Tynan

Thanks for reporting. The alt-tab thing is a known issue.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Unlocked by request, it appears there's still an issue with the world map just being blank even without alt tabbing.

For anyone getting this - what OS/video card/driver version are you using please?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Blutonyx

Quote from: Tynan on March 27, 2015, 02:24:09 PM
Unlocked by request, it appears there's still an issue with the world map just being blank even without alt tabbing.

For anyone getting this - what OS/video card/driver version are you using please?

I have the Problem.

video card: AMD Radeon R9 280X with the newest driver version.

apljee

This occasionally happens to me, but it fixes itself every once in a while.

Videocard: AMD Radeon HD 8330, latest drivers