Whats your story of the most horrible thing you did in Rimworld?

Started by Daemoneyes, February 17, 2015, 04:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klitri

I never thought to dig up the corpses on my old colony that starved a lot during winter..

Worst thing I've done in this game has to be.. Locking prisoners up in an extremely bloody room with filth EVERYWHERE and then taking lungs + kidney + 2 peg legs and then leaving them there in the 50C room to starve.

Reve

My strategy for hunting in early game (when I don't have so many turrets yet) is to take a guy who is best at shooting and go to some muffalo or elephant pack. Then shot each animal 2 times and wait till they die from wound infection. I'm doing it to minimize the risk of revenge from a whole herd.
English is not my native language, so.. feel free to correct me :P

Thane

Mine is that I now unapologetically kill any mentally injured colonist. Out into the cold wearing nothing. Go die you half functioning, tortoise walking, collapsing sack of Drool!!!!

This is in direct contradiction to my first play through where I would artificially prop up any such colonist with full bionics and convenient bed rooms.

Other than that it's just the standard butchery to hats production and crimes of war.    :3
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

AllenWL

I got a wander joining, and on a whim, harvested everything I could from him(This was with EPOE, so both legs, both arms, both eyes, both ears, nose, jaw, stomach, a liver, and a lung), then sold him and all his parts to a slave trader.

Usually though, I don't bother with acts of unspeakable evil. It gets boring after a while, and human skin doesn't make very good clothes anyways.

mumblemumble

Hmmn,  I'm not very evil,  but after growing extremely impatient with a prisoner,  i parted him out,  except the last part.  I kept that in and tossed a molotov into the blood coated,  vomit painted,  empty room that was the prison. Beds lit ,  and the entire room set ablaze,  burning him up.

Wasn't the most efficient of course,  the beds i could of salvaged,  but it was satisfying,  especially since my colony was on the brink of death.

I also think I've used pacifists as human shields before. If they refuse to fight,  they can still be useful in combat by taking a few bullets.

Also,  from the dev blog alpha 13 feature list

"Animals can gnaw corpses apart directly now"

I wonder if we can have corpse storage be right inside the prison,  and have pet wargs dining on the bodies? Both as free food,  and to scare the living shit out of prisoners... If so,  i think this will give evil people in rimworld a difficult decision. Butcher corpses,  or let dogs eat them?
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

NephilimNexus

Looking forward to animals eating corpses, as it will let me turn my prison into a Roman Coliseum.

Just stun a herd of vicious animals, build a wall around them, then attach a prison with a door facing into it.  Wait until animals are starving and then open the door.

mumblemumble

That is devious,  and very possible.... Just keep certain pet beds open,  go and incap various wargs / other meat eaters,  and nurse them to health.  Then break the wall with perhaps a few ieds against the wood walls,  and watch the fighting begin
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

GuesUserNameGUN

A large group of mechanoids raided us. after they all died i realized one survived, with no legs or arms, he was just lying there unconsious because he couldnt move. he can still communicate, so i just left him there. hes been there 7 weeks as part of his punishment. maybe that will teach the mechanoids to raid me.

AllenWL

Or act as a beacon for all other mechanoid raids, along with spying on your base to send them Intel on your defenses, but let's stay positive, shall we?

GuesUserNameGUN

Quote from: AllenWL on April 04, 2016, 03:51:56 AM
Or act as a beacon for all other mechanoid raids, along with spying on your base to send them Intel on your defenses, but let's stay positive, shall we?
He was one of the ones that got sniped, so from his angle he cant see my defenses, only my growing areas, and my hunters when they go past.

Ouan

Okay, below is far from the most horrible thing that I do. I was thinking about this thread as I was writing on my own. This is a scenario on a world I create, even on biomes with a year 'round growing seasons.

Quote from: Ouan on April 06, 2016, 01:25:25 AM
Quote from: 1000101 on April 04, 2016, 03:05:19 PM
"Anyone else have the Rimworld itch?"

I hear you can get a cream from your doctor for that.
I went to the doc today about that, no dice. He told me, "Sometimes you just need to scratch it." I am currently making a nice mountain dwelling cannibal collective. Anyone who can not hack eating nothing but meat go into the pot themselves. One bad mood trip, even if it was triggered by a psychic wave, and into it you go. Is it wrong to be excited about the prospect of having full grown babies and then eating them? It is a fierce itch abuilding with no great way to scratch it.

That is one of my tame worlds. I was thinking of some of my better ones, especially back around Alpha 7 or 8 when meat did not spoil. At the time I did not do the whole cannibal ensemble, but as soon as I realized I could make beautiful leather out of my fallen, friend and foe alike I did. I only ate their flesh as a last resort, as I did not like having those crazy cascading mode meltdowns that colonies used to suffer a la Dwarf Fortress cat-death. You all know what I am talking about. I had two or three colonies in this era of game development have a tantrum that consumed half the colonists or more before it burned out, with only a few psychopaths or cannibals remaining, usually too damaged to mount a proper defense before the next big push.
           This particular colony was named Meat Wagon, because of an early event which left 2 of my original colonists dead, with only one standing strong and an early joiner crippled by a tantrum sparked by an abrasive chap who made my other colonists hate each other. One night of heavy forced mining to get big rooms for each of them was all it took and when the gunsmoke settled only two remained. The crops were soon burned by the next pirate attack (like the next day), which left my poor chaps with only one choice, eat their dead or die slowly. They made it by being bad asses and the situation stabilized long enough for my town to flourish and to grow to 20-25 colonists. The meat from the butchered, of course by my psychopath cook lay on a field outside of town, piled by their thousands to bake forever in the sun, just in case.
            Part of the problem of course was there pretty much only was desert biome, so you had to make due with a small growable area, and a raid like before, or a bad storm could send me back down the rabbit hole of cannibalism at any point, which I desperately tried to avoid. I grew to almost 30 colonists, which at that point I considered a feat of genius, but now realize was a fit of madness. I took on everyone, those sensitive to brain-waves, the ever surviving abrasive chap hung on, to make everyone realize that there was no way that there was ever a sun shining outside. Then the spark happened, and a larger calamity ensued than I had already thought would.
            A fire from a miss-thrown Molotov gave, damn <name redacted>, set all my fields afire and no amount of punching could stop it. Two of my colonists perished in the flames, but worse still was to happen. My buildings also caught ablaze, the wood of some of my walls catching the rooms within a-light, destroying my stockpiles of food, reducing in two minutes the work of my colony for two years. I immediately put meat on the menu, and things took an even further turn to the surreal. Within two weeks three of my colonists snapped, killing four before being gunned down. Two died, but the third was left to me with but one leg, as the ever present luck shot took off his left leg. There was no way to help him, no cure for his ailment. This prompted me to make another executive choice; the gimp had to die.
     My resident body ghoul/ cook walled him off to die quietly inside the same mountain rooms that had been the scene of the first tantrum spiral, and there he died. In the age before everyone automatically knew a colonist died as if by esp, he then went to making the ghoul's route in the middle of the night, un-entombing his corpse and butchering him, using the mantra that came to define this colony and all of my colonies since, "more meat for the meat-eaters."
     Two years later, everyone who survived, thirteen at the time, bore the scars of battle from both within and without, fattened by the flesh of those who were unworthy to live in Meat Wagon. They were clothed with human leather from head toe, with dusters and cowboy hats completing the ensemble, letting the world know that everyone has utility, both in this life and in the here-after. Thus began my recruit-everyone but only-feed-them-flesh policy for my Rimworld survivors on this colony, but legends of it whispered on to the future and all future colonies were developed along those lines becoming further refined as the development of the universe which encompasses Rimworld allows.
      I made a craft once to say I did it, but ran out of materials for all of my colonists (Alpha 11 I think), so they drew straws. There were seven too many colonists for seats, so I randomly pulled off 8 colonists and drafted them. I then had them target each other to see who would survive to get a seat. They all died sadly, so we ate them and then rolled the credits on that colony. I will one day make a mod, maybe for lucky Alpha 13, to give a first taste cannibalism event to my prisoners. Role the dice to see it they get the cannibalism trait or go crazy and have to be put down like rabid dogs. Although in my colonies, rabid dogs are valuable, those who do not appreciate so freely given by others to keep them alive are not. My levels of horrible choices tend to be further along on the spectrum than others, as cannibalism is always the norm, the parting out of prisoners who are brain damaged to fund my early colony purchases is key, and walling in guests until they all die so that we can welcome to a feast properly is more likely than not.
       My most wrong thing, for the norms of my colonies of course is this: I accidentally butchered and ate my colony's beloved Labrador after it sacrificed itself while fighting Mechanoids a few colonies ago. Stupid select all and clicking F. There is no option to not butcher pets, so he was gathered and eaten before they could properly entomb him in a crypt next to his mate who had tragically died a few months earlier to stray mini-gun fire while <name deleted> was hunting squirrels. One of my sadder moments in Rimworld history. My colonists had missed her so much that they would gather next to her grave to visit or to peacefully watch the sunset before gathering the new thresh from the fields for feasting. Such a happy place that colony was, save for the empty tomb for my beloved lost pooch. Sad days.
Damn Pirates!

Adamiks

Fresh news:

I have a colonist with nervous trait, she was going crazy like all the time. I just had two raids, and she got infection on her torso. So she went berserker, this time, i forgot i gave her a knife. She went out of her bedroom, and sadly, my dog was walking by. He cut out his leg, i was trying to subdue her but it was too late.... This dog is missing two legs now... I smashed her head with a club when she was sleeping, and ordered my psychopath cook to butcher her. Did i mention she is one of three first of my colonists? And that she was a daughter and husband to two other colonists? Yeah, fuck that bitch, she wont attack my dog!

Dspendragon

I had this colonist that joined, she was at max age, two pegg-legs and no eyes, and a 20 in ranged weapons,. she slept outside my vault for three weeks in the cold before died because I forgot about opening the main door. I felt so horrible . The stuff I do ain't that bad, its stuff I don't mean to do is the stuff that gets horrible,. Like the time I played a lone-man colony and the only colonist beat a guest to death with his hands for opening the during a flash-freeze.
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

YoruOokami

In my most recent colony I had two of my colonists break up and so I guess to get back at the other one? the female got with the male's dad. Yes She got with his dad lol, I wasnt okay with this and since she happened to be the colony's doctor I got her to harvest all of his organs, locked him naked in a room, left him there for days until he began starving... and then set the room alight.

Another time my colony was on the brink of death and I had about 20 prisoners (they obviously didnt like us enough to join up) and then a huge pirate raid of about 40 people came in, so I stripped all the prisoners naked, and let them run off towards the pirates among the ice sheets. The pirates decided to flee after 10 or so died to prisoner fists. I captured all my prisoners that hadnt frozen or died to the gunfire and stripped them of their non-essential body parts and lined them all up in the prison. And promptly shot them all in the head. Lovely meat to keep the colony alive for a little longer.

TheDirge

bought 300 chicken eggs and used all the chicks to eat the map barren so every thing would die.