Whats your story of the most horrible thing you did in Rimworld?

Started by Daemoneyes, February 17, 2015, 04:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eadras

I grew weary of digging graves and burying my enemies with honor, particularly after two tribal raids in the same day, which yielded 53 dead and 12 captives.  The solution struck me by accident when I noticed one of my arctic wolves chowing down on a tribal corpse.  Now I keep a humanlike corpse stockpile in the wolves' den, where my semi-tame pack can dispose of the bodies, and fill their bellies, at the same time.  When I see the "Raid" signal flash, my main handler raises the call to the pack - "it's feeding time!" - and the howls fill the air.

Mag

Release a lot of prisonners and shoot them when they're about to reach the corner of the map, only one manage to survive, that one with 30% of movement

chaotix14

Either butchering up raiders, mixing them into kibble and feeding them to the pets. Or butchering chickens(I use colony manager, so a lot of chicks bite the dust in an attempt to manage the population) then mixing them into kibble and feeding them back to the pets(and chickens). Despite using a lot of meat to basically increase how much I can do with the limited hay I have, I still have enough meat incoming from the slaughtering that I don't really have to hunt anymore.

ReZpawner

http://imgur.com/gallery/RDveH

The only thing I have ever really felt bad about was turning Tynan into a hat...in a kinda roundabout way.

chaotix14

Quote from: ReZpawner on August 24, 2016, 03:19:47 AM
http://imgur.com/gallery/RDveH

The only thing I have ever really felt bad about was turning Tynan into a hat...in a kinda roundabout way.

Though the funniest thing to me is how he basically is a pretty useless character, except for his aim(pre-brain injury). Slothful and low skills all around, he's going to be doing nothing beyond hauling, cleaning and shooting.

prisondictator

Back in like, alpha 13, I removed all non extensional organs and limbs off a prisoner and then I kept them as a pet.  His name was Josh.

Bozobub

The worst I ever did (and generally do) was/is running artist colonies/bear breeders thar wear...  suspicious but natty leather clothing.  Especially some fine cowboy hats.
Thanks, belgord!

NiftyAxolotl

The town couldn't get enough uranium for a traditional spaceship. So they built what they could. They packed in their best art, food, medicine, and valuables.

Then they lined the walls with two-layer thick IED traps for propulsion, assembled all of the colonists, pets, and prisoners, and initiated the launch with a Doomsday Rocket Launcher.

Only a scorch mark on the ground commemorates their ascension to the heavens.

ProjectXa3

Quote from: christhekiller on February 18, 2015, 03:28:37 PM
Removed hearts from prisoners, put them in a 4x4 room, and set that room on fire as a sacrifice to my colonies guards
KALI-MA! KALI MA!
"I set fire to my sheet of sailcloth and drape it over the skeletons."
"Okay I'm...I'm going to need you to roll for a personality check for that one."

Trylobyte

I'm generally a nice guy.  I treat my prisoners well and release the ones I don't need.  I don't sell slaves, I don't kill people for organs, and I don't turn raiders into hats.  But occasionally I do something a little mean, either mechanically or story-wise.

Story-wise I once captured the faction leader of a pirate group that had been raiding me like crazy and had thus massively pissed me off.  I proceeded to force-feed the poor bastard every drug in the game (I even set up farms and a drug lab to make the ones I didn't have) until she was addicted to all of them then I administered Luciferium and let her go, ensuring that the most troublesome faction was now led by an unstable disaster who was hooked on everything imaginable and would inevitably go out in a blaze of fury that would make Tony Montana look like Howdy Doody.  She died the next season.  I wonder why.

Mechanically the worst thing I did was when I was surrounded by manhunters so I released a bunch of prisoners to act as distractions while my guys got in position.  While the manhunters and the prisoners fought each other my guys flanked around and threw a dozen grenades and molotovs into the mess, killing almost everybody.

Shurp

Interesting, so there *is* a use for tribal prisoners...

...I wonder if this would be a viable strategy in a pirate attack.  Or a scythe attack...
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Names are for the Weak

It was after a raid. There were several dead bodies, almost too many to count. However, I caught a glimpse of one body writhing around on the ground. I figured that I would capture her and make her join my colony before I looked at her health tab. She was old enough to be Cthulu's grandmother, and had the physical ailments to prove it. She was frail, bad backed, going deaf, and struggling with dementia. Out of mercy I made one of my colonists put her out of her mercy, since she looked like she could fall apart like a house of cards if you looked at her too hard.

AngleWyrm

Triage sorting the dying into prison cells or graves according to their usefulness to the colony.

It reminds me of the somewhat different moral structure that develops from living on Rimworld.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

SpaceDorf

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 18, 2017, 06:36:21 AM
Triage sorting the dying into prison cells or graves according to their usefulness to the colony.

It reminds me of the somewhat different moral structure that develops from living on Rimworld.
The old testament got it right.
An Eye for an Eye, or whatever bodypart we need.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

iceteazz

_ My prisoners all live in a big cell, with some beds, but not enough for all, some have a bed to sleep, some not and have to use temp bed on the floor. They go berserk frequently and who won will got the bed, else come to the floor. Many died in fighting AND hunger, even i feed them kibble. Those are made from their inmates, and their tribal members, sometimes their relatives, husband, wife, childrens, mothers, brothers, sisters who died in my killbox or die fighting each others in that hell pit. Grass always there, but corpses you don't frequently have, so each one give up means others meal and hope for tomorrow, we all fight for that right ?