Whats your story of the most horrible thing you did in Rimworld?

Started by Daemoneyes, February 17, 2015, 04:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dStreamline

My colonists are not very talented, but resourceful they are...

Here they are in the middle of the arid shrubland, with heatwaves galore and no food to speak of, so I order one of my colonists to brave the heat, and get some agave fruit for the ones dying of starvation and heatstroke. Long story short, colonist dies of heatstroke right at the door, so my colonists still have a food problem. :(

Eventually they come up with a new plan. The colony's doctor decided to carry around and feed the freshly baked corpse to everyone in their room individually! Most morbid room service I have ever seen...  :o

RIP Rice, you will always be with us.  :'(
Hope is not a good plan...

BatCon14

The colony of The Russian Confederation
The most evil thing I have ever done

One of my favorite colonists had recently lost both legs and was literally a human vegetable, I needed bionics (expanded prosthetics and organ engineering mod) and I was very low on plasteel. Luckily for me a nice trader caravan showed up that had enough plasteel for my bionics; I did not happen to have enough silver so I decided to take advantage of them. I attacked them with my colonists and got lucky, they all got downed. I arrested them, harvested some organs, installed peg legs on all of them, grouped them into a blood/ vomit stained room (old hospital wing) and threw a couple molotovs in there. I watched them all run around in panic (but not too fast because of the peg legs. They all slowly burned to death and I felt good about, I felt fucking pride.

I am a psychopath.

Bozobub

Dwarf Fortress is actually even more evil than RimWorld.  You can flood *the entire planet* with magma, then water (which leaves mud, when it eventually drains, suitable for planting).  All Dwarven problems *solved*!  And then there's that chop-a-leg-off-a-buddy-and-carve-a-bone-flute thing xD...

My gleeful hatmaking and Peopleburgers® franchises (both of which, by the by, you can also do in DF ^^')  in RW simply cannot compare.
Thanks, belgord!

grrizo

In comparison to other stories here, my "bad thing" isn't as bad as I initially thought:

My prison is delightfuly decored with blood splats, puke stains and a pile of bodies and bones of those who didn't make it to the "release trial", wich consists in a cage fight with my brawler.
If the prisoner dies, it will be food for the beasts. If downed, returns to his/her living hell. If wins, he/she will be shot to death, of course. Nobody can kill my colonists and live to tell the tale.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

RemingtonRyder

I removed a brain from one prisoner and transplanted it into another prisoner to cure their Alzheimers.

It's all thanks to Jdalt's JABS mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37223.msg380838#msg380838

Shurp

If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

saulysw

Playing cannibal run on ice plains, and food is always an issue. Only cannibals get a permanent place in this colony, that's the "rule". So, I took in a colonist who was ok, but not a cannibal. Food became a real issue at one point so they got stripped, drafted and walled into a 1x1 room and left to freeze and starve. Coudn't hurt anyone with the mental breaks. They made a nice stew, so all's well that ends well, right?

Shurp

So what was the advantage to freezing him to death instead of just euthanizing him?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Shurp on November 02, 2018, 07:06:24 PM
So what was the advantage to freezing him to death instead of just euthanizing him?
The taste!
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.