Neo-Cretaceous Brittany

Started by Mithradates, February 17, 2015, 04:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithradates

Hey.

So I was just scrolling through the Member list, looking at the different post-related ranks, and I stumbled upon Supercaffeinedude's website. There, I found Neo-Cretaceous Brittany. I don't want to spoil anything, but you should give it a try or twenty. Not particularly difficult, and only related to Rimworld in that its creator apparently plays Rimworld and is a member of these forums, but still - quite fun.

I'm just now loading up a Let's Play of it just because I thought it would be fun to compare scores...I would recommend you give it a try yourself before watching. Let's keep something of a record of our scores, if possible!

The Game
The "Let's Play"
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

SuperCaffeineDude

:D Very kind of you man, it's a little underdeveloped as a solo portfolio piece, but if anyone would like to try it or has any suggestions (like keyboard controls) I'd be flattered to hear feedback. Right now I'm gutting the menu but there's a lot I'd like to add.

Snownova

Darn, when I saw the thread title I was hoping it would be about those god-awful dinosaur romance novels.

(seriously, look up Christie Sims on amazon and behold her crimes against literature and nature alike)

SuperCaffeineDude

Mithradates

Quote from: Snownova on February 23, 2015, 03:36:28 AM
Darn, when I saw the thread title I was hoping it would be about those god-awful dinosaur romance novels.

(seriously, look up Christie Sims on amazon and behold her crimes against literature and nature alike)

Ugh. I just did.

That looks like a guy, selling them for 99 cents under a girl's name in the hopes of making money from people on the internet. And by all accounts, it has worked.

I could never do that. The shame of knowing that selling such crass fodder even made up a small section of my income would be enough to make me put the sword to my chest. Well, not really. I'd probably use a gun.
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

Snownova

Quote from: Mithradates on February 23, 2015, 01:45:57 PM
Quote from: Snownova on February 23, 2015, 03:36:28 AM

Ugh. I just did.

That looks like a guy, selling them for 99 cents under a girl's name in the hopes of making money from people on the internet. And by all accounts, it has worked.

I could never do that. The shame of knowing that selling such crass fodder even made up a small section of my income would be enough to make me put the sword to my chest. Well, not really. I'd probably use a gun.

But wait, there's more! He/She/It has a gay counterpart named Hunter Fox!

This time I'll provide the link, but it is semi-NSFW and just oh so disturbing (and I say that as a gay man). I did laugh till I cried though.
http://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Fox/e/B00JQR4I0G/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1424775387&sr=8-1

TheNewTeddy

The game was so awful I had to come here to tell you.

It's a scrolling shooter. I hate those. The title is misleading.
sig

Mithradates

Quote from: TheNewTeddy on February 24, 2015, 07:51:48 AM

That is the title of the game. How it could be any more accurate than that, I don't know.

I am sorry that you don't like the genre, and that you felt so strongly about it that you decided to make a post about it. I look forward to the release of the game that you designed, coded, and modeled yourself.

SuperCaffeineDude

Lol charming Ted, thanks for sharing I'll try not to cry bud  ::), though I was more interested in knowing a better control scheme for my little unfinished project  ;D.

Unfortunately I do not possess a mind as open and honed so sharply as your own, it's a daily struggle but I hope to eventually reach your level, you'll have to bare with me mate, I'll get there ;).

Would you perhaps prefer a dinosaur romance novel Ted? I feel Snownova was on to a winner conceptually. Though admittedly it's not a genre I know well  :-\, I've heard excellent things in regard to hato boyfriend, perhaps I should try that first.

TheNewTeddy

Quote from: Mithradates on February 24, 2015, 08:14:43 AM

That is the title of the game. How it could be any more accurate than that, I don't know.

I am sorry that you don't like the genre, and that you felt so strongly about it that you decided to make a post about it. I look forward to the release of the game that you designed, coded, and modeled yourself.

The fact that I've not designed any (computer) games does not mean my opinion that the genre is substandard is not valid.

I so despise it I once threw a game into the garbage, and upon being yelled at by my parents, removed it, broke it, and returned it to the garbage.

I'm sure that others do like this genre, but like an unexpected rickroll, I was not very happy to be 'surprised' with it.
sig

TheNewTeddy

[/quote]
Quote from: SuperCaffeineDude on February 24, 2015, 05:49:37 PM
Lol charming Ted, thanks for sharing I'll try not to cry bud  ::), though I was more interested in knowing a better control scheme for my little unfinished project  ;D.

Unfortunately I do not possess a mind as open and honed so sharply as your own, it's a daily struggle but I hope to eventually reach your level, you'll have to bare with me mate, I'll get there ;).

Would you perhaps prefer a dinosaur romance novel Ted? I feel Snownova was on to a winner conceptually. Though admittedly it's not a genre I know well  :-\, I've heard excellent things in regard to hato boyfriend, perhaps I should try that first.

You created a working (computer) game which is more than I've done. The best I have is a card game so boring even I don't play it.

As for genres I like more, the answer is pretty much anything. I'm not terribly fond of FPS, and not into racing games, at least, not as much as when I was younger.

edited to add:

It is not you, or your game, or it's title that irk me so.

It is the whole idea that anyone in the world could find this fun that irks me.

I apologize if I was unclear about that.

I can understand the concept (of someone liking something someone else finds boring) as, I enjoy point and click adventure games, and many do not.
sig

daft73

Angry? don't blow your top. As for the game kudos for creating it. My little boy may dig this, he likes dinosaurs/racing so ya. Keep up with the creativity.