So Alpha 9 is officially out after strenuous testing! What should Alpha 10 have?

Started by Ramsis, February 18, 2015, 03:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

Just trying to gauge some ideas on what people are really gunning for at the moment!

Personally I'm shooting for Husbandry and the inclusion of lesser vehicles like carts for mass hauling. Or maybe items that colonists can wear that let them do things such as helmets that put out light, helmets that increase accuracy, backpacks that allow greater storage, etc!

Tell me RimWorlders, what is your greatest desire for Alpha 10?
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

dareddevil7

being able to attach things to weapons and maybe make weapons/armors so they can have an art text

zidey

TheSilencedScream

A new method of updating.
I just noticed, I don't have the email containing my download link anymore (got an iPhone just after Christmas and deleted all my emails accidentally). :(
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

dareddevil7

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on February 18, 2015, 04:02:18 PM
I just noticed, I don't have the email containing my download link anymore (got an iPhone just after Christmas and deleted all my emails accidentally). :(
i archived my download email

PokestarFan

Quote from: Ramsis on February 18, 2015, 03:41:02 PM
Just trying to gauge some ideas on what people are really gunning for at the moment!

Personally I'm shooting for Husbandry and the inclusion of lesser vehicles like carts for mass hauling. Or maybe items that colonists can wear that let them do things such as helmets that put out light, helmets that increase accuracy, backpacks that allow greater storage, etc!

Tell me RimWorlders, what is your greatest desire for Alpha 10?
Worlds that are 100,000 by 100,000 that doesn't eat up RAM lol ::)

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: dareddevil7 on February 18, 2015, 04:03:48 PM
Quote from: TheSilencedScream on February 18, 2015, 04:02:18 PM
i archived my download email

I should've. Didn't know I'd be getting a new phone until the day before I did... then when I linked my email to my phone, it began notifying me of the past 300 emails I'd received, individually... so I just hit Delete All, since it's my personal instead of professional email (I didn't think I'd need them anymore).

I PMed Tynan.

As for new features...
I'd just like to see interactions expanded - between colonists themselves and between colonists and other factions. I wouldn't mind husbandry either - maybe even combine it with "simple" vehicles - having a trained muffalo hauling more resources than a normal pawn could.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

kenobi87

I would love to see if not in the next alpha in the future some more futuristic/alien stuff since the game is in the year what 5500?. Like we already have bionic body parts but maybe bionic weapons (arm machinegun?) maybe smartlinked weapons with implants to improve shooting.

More weapons, weapon types, and also armors in the base game (I know mods have added a lot but still)

Mechs that colonists can get into for combat or maybe things like mining?

Psionic powers, Im almost positive this will be in the game sometime since there is some psionic elements already but maybe if a colonist is psionic he would attack with various powers during combat, blasts, confusion, maybe buffs for allies?

Gideon

A larger tech tree, which takes you from primitive techs craftable with just your hands all the way up to Glitterworld techs.

Ink.

Quick question, semi-related. Is there anywhere to find a changelog of all the new stuff in A9 condensed somewhere?

Shinzy

Quote from: Ink. on February 18, 2015, 04:43:03 PM
Quick question, semi-related. Is there anywhere to find a changelog of all the new stuff in A9 condensed somewhere?

http://ludeon.com/blog/
*poof!*

Novellum

Random events that drop some technology from the ship that went down, which then allow us to reverse engineer it. The tech that falls doesn't even have to be usable, but it's something to give the research table a bit more love rather than just sitting it at all day.

Matty

I would love to be able to do more with prisoners, such as make them fight each other to the death, or practice medical procedures.

Also as much as it's great now, some UI elements could do with cleaning up a bit.
Always get excited when I see the update email!

Boboid

Bizzare seeing this post before I've actually had the update email go through or the download count reset :P

I'd love to see even basic expansion of the animal system to the point where you can actually craft leather goods reliably rather than sporadically, and an extension of the melee system to some degree - I'd love to see more than just numerical differences in weapons ( not specifically melee ) akin to the way the new incendiary launcher works, utility and mechanic differences that create some awesome choices rather than just strict upgrades.

Some small interface tweaks would definitely be high on the list but it's my understanding that that particular wish will probably be looked at for A10 anyway..

Frankly #1 is probably like.. basic combat interface/order improvements. Currently you can't really order pawns to "walk into range and kill that thing" very reliably apart from individually which is fine with half a dozen colonists but at the point where you're giving individual orders to 25 colonists it's a massive hassle.
Don't even get me started on melee orders, god damn that's frustrating as scale increases, you end up just building kill boxes that the AI blindly walks through and gets clubbed to death in some sort of strange human-body-labynth
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

szypkiyakwonsz

Parka rebalance? It's versatility makes other outfits frustratingly useless. Also, imho there should be some possibility for melee ones to avoid being hit from their melee opponents, varying with skill. After all, what the heck they're training it for?

And maybe it's a bit strange request, but... more meals. Soup. I'd love to make them a soup.