[A10] Weed!!(v.1.81) Alpha 10 patch thanks to skyarkhangel!

Started by blaze7736, February 19, 2015, 03:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like to see?

New Drugs
107 (40.1%)
More tales
11 (4.1%)
Factions (AKA the interglatic drug busters)
63 (23.6%)
tales for art
11 (4.1%)
other (please comment your idea)
7 (2.6%)
all of the above
68 (25.5%)

Total Members Voted: 267

blaze7736

Introduction

Welcome to the weed mod for RimWorld, this mod is centered on the mainly illegal drug 'marijuana'. The drug has many interesting features, which I hope will be implemented throughout the mod development cycle.

Changelog
v1.0 - Added weed and a way of growing it
v1.1 - Added art tales of colonist's memory of their 'blazings'
v1.2 - Added craft-able clothes made out of weed (don't wear this around space-cops� ;) )
v1.3 - Added some new textures made by Kirid
v1.4 - Added cannabis brownies 'n' edibles (textures by Jabba)
v1.5 - Added medical marijuana + bug fix
v1.5.2 - Changed textures + edited the medical marijuana recipe
v1.6- Added A Gang
v1.7- Added IGDB, Added One kick Drug, New naming system for gang
v1.8- Added Weed Cigarets, Added Space Spice Drug, Added Deep Web and Raw Chemicals
v1.81- Updated to alpha 10 by skyarkhangel

To do list
intergalactic drug busters
Make Drug Gang into Orcs
Other types of Drugs
Tales that come from using substances
Automatic consumption
Bio Weed Generator

Known bugs
Weed is not auto consumed
I am not the best a Graphics

Future development list
(Any thing you guys suggest or i come up with)

As always i hope you enjoy this mod, you can use it in any video or Mod pack as long as credit is given. If you like go check out my other mods and if you want help with any thing feel free to pm me or look over the code i have already done. So stay shiny and enjoy. (ps a new world is needed to play due to the factions)

How you can help
Textures are appreciated, but suggestions play the greatest part in many mods!

Mod page made by
general223

[attachment deleted due to age]

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

blaze7736

True skull though i never had that in mind when i chose it. New update though now with some tales that come only from smoking weed so you can make statues of the good times.

general222291

I may try this out if it works with Epyk!

Is there just a mood boost that comes with smoking or is there any other side effects (mainly health) currently implemented or planned, and how do colonists 'take' the weed?
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

jabbamonkey

Would be good to see some added features. Weed is pretty versatile....

It can be used to make hemp, for clothes and rope. It can be used as medicine. Maybe it can help with the new "hangovers" to alleviate those symptoms.  However, if you start to add these features, I would increase the growth time (to balance out the game ... you don't want this all-powerful item to do everything).

Mithradates

OMG 420 NO SCOPE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH #smokeweederyday
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

blaze7736

Yes i plan to add many more things to this mod i just started off with the drug and some tales and you just consume it like alcohol but i plan to change that. At the moment your guys feal extremely happy from it then sad.

general222291

Correct, I have high hpes for where this can go, keep this updated and add more content ;)
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Kelvorn

Quote from: blaze7736 on February 19, 2015, 02:33:40 PM
Yes i plan to add many more things to this mod i just started off with the drug and some tales and you just consume it like alcohol but i plan to change that. At the moment your guys feal extremely happy from it then sad.

Why would they go from Happy to Sad after inhaling or digesting marijuana? I don't know anyone who has gotten depressed after using it Medically or for recreational purposes. Would be interested in the thought behind this.

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Kelvorn on February 19, 2015, 10:31:39 PM
Why would they go from Happy to Sad after inhaling or digesting marijuana? I don't know anyone who has gotten depressed after using it Medically or for recreational purposes. Would be interested in the thought behind this.

Well, it has to have some negative effect in order to balance the good effects - otherwise it will start to unbalance the game. Weed that just makes people happy isn't good (for balance).

There could be weed that makes you tired after awhile. Or less productive and slower workers.  As for unhappy - I'm not a smoker, so whenever I've had some, I felt bad the next day (and unhappy) - hard to take a breath, bad taste in my mouth, and even worse if I exercised the next day.  Of course, there's always the pot brownies, which would solve that.

Igabod

Need pictures for sure!

Quote from: jabbamonkey on February 19, 2015, 11:22:00 PM
and even worse if I exercised the next day.

Now you know why most stoners don't exercise.

blaze7736

So here we are with version 1.2 coming live to you from Baldrick, Now you can make your own cloths out of the weed and stride about like a pimp just avoid fires more comeing soon next update will probably be brownies love to hear your feed back and enjoy

general222291

Maybe you could add more potent strains that you get from trade ships, there are thousands of strains, good luck ;)
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Kelvorn

Quote from: jabbamonkey on February 19, 2015, 11:22:00 PM
Quote from: Kelvorn on February 19, 2015, 10:31:39 PM

Well, it has to have some negative effect in order to balance the good effects - otherwise it will start to unbalance the game. Weed that just makes people happy isn't good (for balance).

There could be weed that makes you tired after awhile. Or less productive and slower workers.  As for unhappy - I'm not a smoker, so whenever I've had some, I felt bad the next day (and unhappy) - hard to take a breath, bad taste in my mouth, and even worse if I exercised the next day.  Of course, there's always the pot brownies, which would solve that.

Well it sounds like you and I have two completely different experiences. But I do understand balance needing to be in place and I think making you less effective or slowed for a time would be a great counter balance. Something like -50% Work speed until rested? Or maybe you get the Munchies and your pawn eats like double the meals until the effect has worn off. But for the majority, marijuana isn't like Alcohol or hard drugs where there is a hangover period or a depression state. Of course there is always the option of making this a different drug then marijuana and instead call it by a different name? Just tossing thoughts out there

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Kelvorn on February 20, 2015, 09:44:40 AM
Well it sounds like you and I have two completely different experiences.
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!! That comment is awesome.

Quote from: Kelvorn on February 20, 2015, 09:44:40 AM
But I do understand balance needing to be in place and I think making you less effective or slowed for a time would be a great counter balance. Something like -50% Work speed until rested? Or maybe you get the Munchies and your pawn eats like double the meals until the effect has worn off. But for the majority, marijuana isn't like Alcohol or hard drugs where there is a hangover period or a depression state. Of course there is always the option of making this a different drug then marijuana and instead call it by a different name? Just tossing thoughts out there

That is a great idea... Cocaine is actually derived from the leaves of the coca plant. So, users could grow coca, craft cocaine, and then "ingest" or use the cocaine to improve work speed ... and then crash when they come down.  This could be worth pursuing.