Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like to see?

New Drugs
- 107 (40.1%)
More tales
- 11 (4.1%)
Factions (AKA the interglatic drug busters)
- 63 (23.6%)
tales for art
- 11 (4.1%)
other (please comment your idea)
- 7 (2.6%)
all of the above
- 68 (25.5%)

Total Members Voted: 267

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: [A10] Weed!!(v.1.81) Alpha 10 patch thanks to skyarkhangel!  (Read 49219 times)

Kirid

• Colonist
  • Resident Polemicist
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] (Alpha 9) Weed!!(v.1.5) Medical Marijuana!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2015, 07:54:47 PM »

"Medical marijuana" is just a buzzword meaning marijuana used for medical purposes..
I assume the medicine you included would be used the same as regular medicine? Which means it will be used to stop bleeding and for doing surgery.
You might be able to create like a THC Tonic or oil, but that wouldn't do much more than pain relief or for improving appetite.

You could also do with less crafting tables, not sure why all those recipes couldn't be done at one table. If you add joints or any other smoking items they would be best made with the same table that makes the brownies. Though an oil press is cool idea. And hemp would probably be produced using a loom of sorts.

Weed cloth still needs renamed to Hemp.
Marijuana plants grown for hemp usually have little to no THC and are treated differently.
I was thinking there could be 2 different plants, one hemp for cloth production, and the weed plant which actually produces THC products.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Blazergong

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 02:39:50 AM »

When i installe dthe weed mod the beer brewing failed, colonists couldn't start a job at the brewer. Anyone else have this problem.

blaze7736

• Colonist
  • Dark lord of all
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 03:14:09 AM »

Thanks Kirid for all the suggestions and advice i like the idea of having lots of different tables personally and it was an easy way to keep stuff controlled via research aka each specific branch gives you a specific table. Yes the medicine would in reality be of not much use but for the sake of the game i have made it better then herbal but worse then normal. And i have considered the idea of dirrirent types but i think that might be something in the futer where you research special hydroponic beds to make special weed varitys aka stronger, different colors etc. As for you blazergong (lol just realized your name) i looked into the bug and here is the fix. Thanks again for all the suport updates may come less frequently through the week and would you prefer small updates all week or one big one. As always enjoy.

[attachment deleted due to age]

general222291

• Drifter
  • Newbie Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 04:25:50 AM »

Maybe add tobacco that can be added joints along with weed, which will have greater effects on the user.
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Blazergong

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 06:21:54 AM »

Thanks for the fix blaze, works like a charm

Ronin90

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2015, 09:46:04 AM »

When i installe dthe weed mod the beer brewing failed, colonists couldn't start a job at the brewer. Anyone else have this problem.

I have the same problem, but i'm using a lot of mods so i didn't know which one was causing it.

lughtaj

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 12:21:45 PM »

I have the same problem, but i'm using a lot of mods so i didn't know which one was causing it.

I had the same problem. The only other mods I had were temperature control, apothecarious and cybernetic storm.

Viceroy

• Colonist
  • Gas-proof maniac!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 12:45:36 PM »

I gotta say I am loving the mod. I just have two things about it that are bothering me.

Firstly, the weed is a really shocking neon green Currently, it just stands out of the art style a bit. The sprite itself is amazingly done though I gotta say, just the colour is off.

It should be more like:

Check how it looks when it is a bit darker compared to currently:
Darker: Currently:

Second thing that bothers me is the medical marijuana. The medical properties of the plant can already be used in the game to allay mental breaks and calm people down. Using it to mend gunshots is just a little jarring I gotta say.

If anything, the only real medicine you could make from it would be hemp bandages that heal at an even weaker rate than herbal meds.

I am so sorry for the criticism and I meant no harm or offense. I am just a fan of the mod and felt I had to say something on those two points. :D
Dog goes moo!

tresflores

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2015, 02:40:33 PM »

as for the medical marijuana i was thinking something like crafting something using herbal medicine and marijuana  and that being stronger than herbal considering it has pain relief

Kirid

• Colonist
  • Resident Polemicist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2015, 03:33:16 PM »

Firstly, the weed is a really shocking neon green Currently, it just stands out of the art style a bit.
I was thinking that when making it.
But I would say it depends on the plant and the lighting

I'm pretty colorblind so I'm not the best person to be arguing color.
I agree, that darker version looks more like most pot plants.

elStrages

• Colonist
  • Attempting to MOD..
    • View Profile
    • Cybernetic Storm MOD
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 03:36:53 PM »

Quote from: Kirid
Your right, My colonist got impaled on a horn! :D

On another note:
Firstly, the weed is a really shocking neon green Currently, it just stands out of the art style a bit.
I was thinking that when making it.
But I would say it depends on the plant and the lighting

I'm pretty colorblind so I'm not the best person to be arguing color.
I agree, that darker version looks more like most pot plants.
I do prefer the darker one, if I was gunna choose.
Kind puts my Rim-Cartels mod on the back foot, I bet get to updating it!

blaze7736

• Colonist
  • Dark lord of all
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2015, 03:46:20 PM »

Awesome guys thanks to your feed back i have only 2 small things this update one is a darker texture of the plant be free to use the lighter one if you want and a change to the medicine you now combined the oil with herbal medicine to boost its effect, also any one want to make and epic log for me. as always have fun and keep the feedback coming.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Pumpus

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] (Alpha 9) Weed!!(v.1.52) Medical Marijuana!
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2015, 11:32:21 PM »

Yo bro any reason you don't have the colonists auto using? i have a guy with chemical fascination and he still wont use unless i tell him too. doesnt seem quite right. if he is gonna be a stoner i should have to tell him to do it. thoughts?
Be sure to check out "The Mod Show". Reviews of Rimworld mods so you don't have to do all the testing.

The Mod Show - By Pumpus

blaze7736

• Colonist
  • Dark lord of all
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2015, 12:07:03 AM »

Yer pump i agree 100% i just cant find the exact area i need to change and it might be hard coded and if i make these changes the mod may not be compatible with others. I am looking into it but there is many other things to do and if it creats conflicts i will stik to the system where you chose to let them take it or not

blaze7736

• Colonist
  • Dark lord of all
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2015, 06:03:13 AM »

Just a quick update for you guys working on the 2 factions i plan to add one is the interstellar drug busters the other a drug gang you can be friends or enemy's with. Also thanks to general223 for the new page design. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9