[A10] Weed!!(v.1.81) Alpha 10 patch thanks to skyarkhangel!

Started by blaze7736, February 19, 2015, 03:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like to see?

New Drugs
107 (40.1%)
More tales
11 (4.1%)
Factions (AKA the interglatic drug busters)
63 (23.6%)
tales for art
11 (4.1%)
other (please comment your idea)
7 (2.6%)
all of the above
68 (25.5%)

Total Members Voted: 267

popster99

the space spice kills your colonist i gave it to my best colonist and they kept on throwing up and being incaped then they got medicine but still died. Final verdict it can be used for execution thats pretty much it

totos_totidis

Add narcan so that your colonist won't die because of surge after consuming space spice.

blaze7736

Okay guys thanks for all the feedback, i am trying to decided where to take this mod and i want to hear your opinion, should i refine this mod back and release a biger mod or keep doing whaat i am doing with content updates that might not apeal to every one

icew0lfnz

stick to weed bro, forget "otherworldly" crap, find new ways to mix and smoke up buds. New smoking tools like bongs, buckies, hubblies etc, joint sizes from small single joins to epic marley's. New weed processing, such as making oil and hash etc.

New mood boosts depending on what type of weed you consume, like common hydro or special brands like hindu kush or purple haze.

Stick to weed!

Blazergong

hash production: add leather skirt which accumulate resin from plants when walking through a field

Demy99

blaze7736

the downloaded is the attachment at the bottom of the main post click it and you should begin to download the zip file

Monkeysaur

Thanks for making this mod. Just seen and downloaded!

I haven't tried it yet, but two exciting possibilities immediately come to mind:

Psychic drone relief
Good quality (high value) vs Low quality (low value) growing

Very excited to see where this is at and where it goes!

Thanks again!

jabbamonkey

Here are some textures for the mod. I didnt touch the "Computer.png" or the "DarkGen.png". Wasn't sure what each of these did.

You can find a zip file to all the textures on my Jabbamonkey's Graphic Overhaul Post.

I also threw in some extra pills and "medicine"...

spatula

so, i love this mod. Kudos on this.

I'd love to see it expand into a "Narcotics Mod" and tie more into gameplay.

some suggestions:

- it would be great if drugs aren't tied into "hunger", but if you could copy the hunger system and apply it to a "sobriety" measure and have the stats of the character determine where they like to be on the bar and how often they would "binge". this may be more of a dev-level suggestion, but it would be cool to see.
as an example, the colonists will often get trapped in cycles where they are hungry, eat raw weed because it's close, pass out and starve. While amusing to watch (especially when high), I'd rather have a separate metric for drug use (and maybe weed causes the hunger meter to decrease rapidly without prompting MORE WEED). I can't get them to cook more meals after because they keep puking. I had a whole colony starve because they ate all the meals and stoned themselves to starvation.
Maybe a simpler solution is to lower the eat-priority of drugs.

- Likewise, a "drugs" item category to sort them, instead of having it all in food

- the one kick and chems... do these cause brain damage all the time as some kind of moral message? LOL. Would be nice to be able to have this only happen with rampant doses over time.

- the IDF was friendly to my colony in one playthru where i had SO MANY drugs.. and hostile in another where I didn't even have a single substance on hand... it would be AWESOME if they were set to friendly, but if they SEE drugs when visiting, go hostile, or take the drugs. It would be cool to have a colony friendly to the IDF but running a meth lab in the back secretly. Or maybe this could require drugs and scale based on the amount of drugs a colony has?

- Drug Inspection Event, could be tied into the above. But having an inspector come to the colony. Maybe he only inspects powered objects, so you have to shut off the lights to the drug room when he comes

- Drug Free Zones. A tick box like "rotton" or a zone itself that can stop colonists from storing/doing drugs in those areas.

- Smuggling. Ability to pack drugs into crates for trading and to pass inspections. Maybe a special smuggling beacon to contact drug smugglers and slavers, like a black market beacon that brings different traders than the normal beacon... will you go for normal commerce or tap the black market.. or try both and have two stockpiles?

- Instead of just passing out, would be cool to incorporate mental breaks, psycho rampages and other states based on each drug- weed would have less chance to cause psycho rage, but more chance to cause sleepiness... whereas Chems cause huge stat boosts but also a chance to cause psycho rage, despair, etc.

Hope these inspire!

jabbamonkey

Also, you could have uppers and downers ... where your character may be "coming down" from a high and they start "crashing" (puking, tired) ... so they take another drug to balance them out, but that might cause other problems (slower work, hunger) ... etc.

There could also be factions that are PRO drugs, and ANTI drugs. So, the # of drugs that your base has could cause negative relation effects with other factions.  Or, too many drugs could cause pirates to attack more (cause they want the drugs).

blaze7736

information update firstly thanks a heap to jabba love your work and was cool to see my mod get re-textured. Spat you have some awesome ideas which i will be looking into. A big thing for these consumable mods at the moment is auto consumption and its tricky i have messaged tynan and he said that it is better for us to wait for him to improve the system so patience in that regards. I also will be refining this mod back and releasing a much bigger mod based around many drugs weed included and am looking for name suggestions. Finally there wont be any stuff from me for awail i am doing half-yearly exams and need to focus on study but hopefully afterwards i will have 2 weeks to do some stuff. as always i hope your enjoying the mod and love to hear your feed back.   

Monkeysaur

Mod is great, I think a weed mod could be developed all on it's own. I'd love to grow different strains which have different values and modifier benefits. I'd also like to be able to make hashish. Really after the crop is harvested it should have to then be dried at the appropriate temperature for the appropriate period of time, then when it's dried you should then be able craft it into two things, 1) buds 2) remaining plant material, then hashish can be crafted using the remaining plant material.

That's the dream.

jabbamonkey

Here are two options for the weed.png graphic...

Feel free to use either...

Monkeysaur

Quote from: jabbamonkey on March 12, 2015, 05:39:09 PM
Here are two options for the weed.png graphic...

Feel free to use either...

Perfect, thanks!!