Alpha 10 - what do you want?

Started by Daemoneyes, February 19, 2015, 11:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemoneyes

Hoi

Yes, yes, A9 only just hit live but my first game already made me miss a few things.

Especially now with so much degradation i really would love to be able to dismantle items and get some of their resources back, naturally not all but a lower percentage depending on quality and durability.

Regarding use of medicine, a way to tell them what to use would be nice because it makes me cringe when they use glitterworld medicine to heal a scratch when i have 100+ of the other stuff. (yeah i know, you can forbid items but thats not really the point imho)

Also them eating survival rations first, i wish you could give each colonist a priority list for food. (so that i could give grumpy guys the good meals without everyone eating them)

Almost forgot, a priority list for fields and crafting stations.
And assigning colonists to crafting stations.

Morlow

The ability to force colonists to prioritize specific crafting jobs.

winnsanity

Quote from: Daemoneyes on February 19, 2015, 11:10:34 AM
Hoi

Yes, yes, A9 only just hit live but my first game already made me miss a few things.

Especially now with so much degradation i really would love to be able to dismantle items and get some of their resources back, naturally not all but a lower percentage depending on quality and durability.

Regarding use of medicine, a way to tell them what to use would be nice because it makes me cringe when they use glitterworld medicine to heal a scratch when i have 100+ of the other stuff. (yeah i know, you can forbid items but thats not really the point imho)

Also them eating survival rations first, i wish you could give each colonist a priority list for food. (so that i could give grumpy guys the good meals without everyone eating them)

Almost forgot, a priority list for fields and crafting stations.
And assigning colonists to crafting stations.
you can forbid rations too.  Just leave them out there forbidden until you need them.

Silvador

"Power view". Similar to the "show stockpiles" toggle that you can turn on and off to show you your entire powergrid and where the wiring goes. At present, you can only really achieving viewing your powergrid by selecting an item to build that requires a power, in order to see where you have wires going and where you need wires to go.

Also, a dedicated read out of bother currently generated power and current consumption of power. Right now you can only determine how much power your connected turbines, solar panels and geothermal generators are supplying by a whole pile of math, and seeing what the current total drain of all your connected utilities by having several fully charged batteries and turning off all generators to see what the drain is on the stored power in the batteries.... or, again, a whole lotta math. Having stat, even if it's just in the overview somewhere, that shows "XXX total power being generated, XXX total power being used, XXX excess power being generated/going into batteries" would be very convenient.

XelNigma

I cant live with out the modular tables mod. So if that became part of the actual game it would be great.

In later game I tend to get a lot of prisoners and nothing to do with them. If I chop them up for body parts my colonists will go insane after the 3rd or 4th person. Same is true for selling them to a slaver.  And I just cant let them go because I dont want peace with the other factions, fighting is one of the best parts of the game.

So I want to ransom prisoners. If I could sell prisoners back to their faction it would be great. You would get less for them than slavery or body parts, but you avoid the negative mood hit that comes with those options.  And because you ransomed them, instead of just letting them go, you dont positive reputation with the faction.

Somthing else I would like is a crafting table user list. A way to pick which colonists are allowed to use which tables.
Lets say I have two chefs. I would like to beable to set it so one only cooks meals, while the other only butchers.
Or set it so they both can cook meals, but only one can also butcher.
Just a check list of which colonists are allowed to use the table would suffice.

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Daemoneyes on February 19, 2015, 11:10:34 AM

Although it annoys we as well, Tynan has said it is exactly how he wants it to be. So instead of waiting I use the mod space meals. I love it.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

TheSilencedScream

Small change: I'd like to see EdB's UI mod implemented. It's more user friendly, and I'm to the point that - if I'm trying to play a serious game - I can't play without it. :/

Large change: I'd like to see colonist to colonist interactions and colonists to factions interactions to be expanded on.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

CheeseGromit

I'll echo the above comment regarding UI improvement. More specifically some kind of context menu that allows orders to be issued and cancelled via selection of an object.

Edit: Also the ability to copy-and-paste stockpiles settings.

nbrogan18

The biggest thing I'd like to see is the inclusion of water and thirst mechanics. For a game that has survival at its core, it seems like needing to secure and maintain a safe and clean source of drinking water would be a natural fit. I'd love to see fishing added at some point as well.

tom_kazansky

Since we have booze I demand black jack machines, roulette tables and strippers (bonus for urbworld slave girl).  :-).
More visitors will arrive and many loose all their belong.

ShadowTani

Some simple changes desired:

1. Being able to select stuff objects without having to select the material each time (for example left clicking will automatically use the currently selected material, while right clicking let you chose the material) [Nevermind, realized this is actually implemented in a much neater way than suggested here: simply just click and proceed without selecting! Awesome work by Tynan!]

2. Being able to see a characters skill passion on the overview screen.

Some medium changes desired:

1. Cloth and Armor dyeing; would be useful for roleplaying (i.e. color-grading your people according to their rank or labor), spotting your people easier on the map and/or simply being fabulous.

2. A way to make marshland build-able now that fertilizer pumps are gone...

Some larger changes desired:

1. Vehicles, or mobile structures. For simplicity fuel doesn't need to be added, at least to begin with, they could be electric and simply just require to be hooked up to the power grid and charged that way between uses. Anyway, the fertilizer pump is one example of a structure that would have worked well as a mobile structure instead ... A bummer that it seems to have been removed though (would have preferred it just got nerfed in regards to stone tiles and constructed floors).

2. I'll throw in my vote for colony and faction interactions too!

Rathael

1) Ability to see and compare weapons, and other items like armor, side-by-side.

2) Show all the body part slots and what they are filled with, instead of only showing when they have something in them.
   Right Leg: Human Leg
   Left Leg: None
   Right Arm: Cyber Arm
   Left Arm: Human Arm
   etc.

3) A display much like the above for armor slots.

thefinn

Quote from: Morlow on February 19, 2015, 11:25:14 AM
The ability to force colonists to prioritize specific crafting jobs.

This.

elStrages

I would really really like Alpha 10 in Alpha 10 :D
No I would like this really: A water system
It seems no one drinks water, fishes in water, needs water to grow anything.
H2O is a vital thing to anyone, so why shouldn't it be in rimworld, if they need food they need water.

Hayhorse

The More Mechanoid's mod being implemented with full on Mechanoid conversion with your colonists being able to become a Mechanoid with independent thought. Or your colonist being able to convert Mechanoid's ( Like the crawler in the mod currently ) and possibly being able to create an up-link to the hive-mind of the worlds Mechanoid Hive to either make your colony a part of the Hive and convert your colonist's. Or make the hive-mind consider you friendly, therefore making all Mechanoid's from that hive friendly.