Alpha 10 - what do you want?

Started by Daemoneyes, February 19, 2015, 11:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FridayBiology

> repair station - colonists may have "old faithful" double barrel shotgun (i want double barrel shotguns) though over time "old faithful" gets banged up so why not repair it. more thinking i'd happily patch my crappy jacket so why not my gun?

> fire brand / torch (item)- cost one wood and 20 work to build , able to spread fire by targeting trees. required for back burning in order to clear areas of vegetation close to base. Tribesmen may use as weapon against walls and houses.

> 1x1 drying rack , option to harvest grass to produce thatch. thatch used to produce thin roof though highly flammable. only able to create thatch roof 1-2 spaces from structure.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

jabbamonkey

I would love to be able to dig down to another level. It would be great to have the ability to dig down through several levels ... but one is good enough for now.  :)

There could be hidden rooms with treasures. Or hidden rooms with monsters or creatures. Could add some exploration fun.

Vagabond

Hello,

1) A Diggles: Myth of Fenris style "clock" that allows you to designate work and free time hours for each individual colonist.

2) I'd like for any technology level to be a viable means of survival. An option to chose what technology level your colony begins at (maybe tied into backgrounds), and a technology tree that progresses through the ages: Stone, Bronze, Iron age, middle age, post-middle (modern age), Space age.

As an example: As it is now, if you chose to use EDB-Prepare Carefully to roll tribals and create a 'no power' rule, you can't cook...Why can't the campfire be used to cook simple meals?

Work stations should advance with your technology level so that the better your technology level, the better the product. As someone in the bronze age making a statue, you would require considerably more skill and time than someone in the space age using laser cutters at a fancy sculpting station.

3)Lord Fappington is on to something, I think. With age being something that means something now, is there any way to revisit the idea of propogating colonists and complex relationships between colonists? Colonist "A" gets a high enough relationship with colonist "B", they want to move in together. Which instead of causing a moral drop from sharing a room, it could buff moral for the couple. This might tie in to incentives to creating personal living spaces  for pawns (though I think there should be incentives for certain pawns to live in a barracks style environment as well. Male barracks for single guys. Female barracks for single gals. Co-ed barracks for guys/gals whom have a trait that makes them okay with it.)

tiba666

could be nice to get multi level on the map just like the old Dwarf Fortress ^^

Argon

Quote from: Feirfec on February 19, 2015, 09:46:56 PM
> repair station - colonists may have "old faithful" double barrel shotgun (i want double barrel shotguns) though over time "old faithful" gets banged up so why not repair it. more thinking i'd happily patch my crappy jacket so why not my gun?

Seconded.

Advanced faction relationships, as well as faction-faction trading.

-Argon

Veroni

Now that colonists are disturbed in their sleep if someone enters the room, other colonists should avoid walking through a room where someone is sleeping if there is an alternative route!

Asfalto

Some of the things we already see in mods implemented in the game, such as the interface (easier way to access global pawns skills, counting works, jobs, everything) and definetly appropriate storage options: differentiate between cloth and hyperweave pants (now it stores everything as if it was the same material), make storage settings copy/pastable, and make closets (there already are, modded, just implement them)

And pawn state icons.

Anything else is optional. Really. Whatever you want. But those are gamebreaking things. The interface especially.

(the game is in alpha and it's ok that those things aren't optimized.. but they are already done, by modders, just implement them!!)

thx

MrSurvivor

I know this is really, REALLY far in the future but I would like to go off the map to the other parts of the map so we can extend our colonies and stuff like that. There should also be more limited resources supporting my other idea. Multiplayer (8 player max) would also be great if you could raid people and stuff like that and your guys would defend using the game ai if they got raided by another player.

Also I also mentioned in another topic that we should add more mechanoids if aliens would not be implemented.

Also as I said again in another topic get people to complete their constructions when you prioritize it instead of just leaving it.
Plus maybe a nutrition thing should be put in? Just simple things like protein, calories, and antioxidants so people would have to alternate meat, potatoes, and berries.

I know pawn state icons are already included in a mod but it would be great if it could be implemented into the game.

mew_the_pinkmin

i would love to see a better storage/sorting ability. like another drop down under t-shirt where you can select materials that it is made of and under that a quality selection check list. so if i go to storage-apparel-pants-hyperweave-legendary/masterpiece/good then only legendary or good or masterpiece hyperweave pants would be stored so you could put bad pants outside for selling but the good ones would be inside protected and ready for equipping.     same for weapons and other appeal like personal shields,powerarmor,armor vests, ect...
NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver

MrSurvivor

Oh and one more thing I would love to move the overview skills around cause I don't always like having hauling on the lowest priority when there's junk around and I don't like having research always being the lowest priority

Eleazar

I'm really feeling the loss of EdB's UI mod.  It takes more clicks to get things done, though I'm not sure every change is an improvement.

Also I still want to be able to leave doors open to equalize temperature and let people through.

Sir

I really just want some decent AI. At the moment, it feels like I have to micro-manage every single action - especially hunting. Colonists will shoot with other people directly in the line of site, will shoot from the maximum distance, will continue working while starving, will walk right into a line of fire, and will continue about their day as flames consume my colony. Turrets will shoot regardless of the presence of colonists and are pretty inaccurate. I would also like research to be able to upgrade my turrets. Seriously though, I can have incendiary mortars that are a mile off or an improvised turret. Where's the advanced turrets?

Lastly, more content. It's at the point where the game is so difficult I can barely play it without mods. The extreme lack of AI combined with the minimal availability of content, items, and actions is hurting my interest in playing. Yes, it is still in Alpha, sure, but I would much rather see AI be fixed and some better content taken from the mods section (Minami, EdB, etc.) implemented into the game than alcohol, brewing, and art.

Nevertheless, I still appreciate Tynan's work and his game is going to be a masterpiece, I just think some of the core functions of gameplay need to be worked on before expanding into new territory. Minami's lack of updates to Alpha 8 or 9 have left me playing Alpha 7 almost exclusively. More content and research trees would go a long ways.
Check out my Suggestions!
Pt. 1 & Pt. 2

rakkaus

Quote from: Sir on February 21, 2015, 06:24:35 PM
I really just want some decent AI. At the moment, it feels like I have to micro-manage every single action - especially hunting. Colonists will shoot with other people directly in the line of site, will shoot from the maximum distance, will continue working while starving, will walk right into a line of fire, and will continue about their day as flames consume my colony. Turrets will shoot regardless of the presence of colonists and are pretty inaccurate. I would also like research to be able to upgrade my turrets. Seriously though, I can have incendiary mortars that are a mile off or an improvised turret. Where's the advanced turrets?

Lastly, more content. It's at the point where the game is so difficult I can barely play it without mods. The extreme lack of AI combined with the minimal availability of content, items, and actions is hurting my interest in playing. Yes, it is still in Alpha, sure, but I would much rather see AI be fixed and some better content taken from the mods section (Minami, EdB, etc.) implemented into the game than alcohol, brewing, and art.

Nevertheless, I still appreciate Tynan's work and his game is going to be a masterpiece, I just think some of the core functions of gameplay need to be worked on before expanding into new territory. Minami's lack of updates to Alpha 8 or 9 have left me playing Alpha 7 almost exclusively. More content and research trees would go a long ways.

Yeah, the whole alcohol and arts kind of content is unnecessary at this point of the development.

Btw AI is great but i would love to see the pants of my colonists first ;D

wetoune

I'd love couples. Couples based relations and interactions. Families. And why not, babies. And then, education and the possibility to build a living colony with a multigenerational dimension... and events involving splits of the community and ... or... am I totally out of my mind?

(my first post here)

r3dp