[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Bairne

Love the mod, but I can't help but feel that the parts you replace with bionics or what have you should be "lost." I typically replace arms and legs due to multiple or deep scars, and it's odd to get a perfectly healthy replacement during the surgery. Maybe an exception made for replacing bionic for advance bionic, but a scarred arm becoming perfectly usable with no penalty for the harvest because it was done during an upgrade doesn't seem very balanced.

I'd also like to point out that everything seems to be listed twice in the stockpiles. Once in the actual listing (as a sub of say bionics) and again after all the categorized listings. Changing one seems to change the other, so it's only a matter of being a screen hog, but I figured I'd point it out.

Galvenox

workbenches from this mod are charging power even when I don't use them, even now when vanilla ones don't do that anymore. is it a bug on my end?

Freakycrafter

Could you add download links for older versions of the mod?

fourknights

the research requirement of min five to create Vancidium needs to be removed. just increase the crafting requirement because the skill decays and eventually you will no longer be able to make late game bionics because of this

hoochy

Quote from: fourknights on May 11, 2016, 04:51:02 PM
the research requirement of min five to create Vancidium needs to be removed. just increase the crafting requirement because the skill decays and eventually you will no longer be able to make late game bionics because of this

Just use the madskills mod because the current skills decaying "feature" is pretty stupid.

Boboid

Quote from: hoochy on May 13, 2016, 11:24:47 AM
Quote from: fourknights on May 11, 2016, 04:51:02 PM

Just use the madskills mod because the current skills decaying "feature" is pretty stupid.

Given that skills only decay when above 10 I'm not precisely sure what the issue is.

The late game nature of Vancidium and the incredible expense involved in crafting it makes it hard to imagine a situation where you're unable to craft Vancidium because you don't have the research skill required anywhere in your colony.

Even if your colonists CONSTANTLY die and skills aren't maintainable AND you've researched everything the low requirement (5) means that a reasonable portion of recruits will be able to craft it anyway. Any recruit with 5 or more research skill can simply skill up crafting to 8.

A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Rauminen

The bit in the latest update about all surgeries having a small chance of failing.... does that look correct for everyone?

I just had a guy fail 9 out of 10 times installing a leg with medicine 8 and 110% manipulation. 5 of which the patient died straight away. I don't think this should be normal...

Edit: If I'm reading this right, the surgeries for natural body parts should have an 80% success rate, and 30% of the failures should be fatal. What I don't know is how the medicine skill factors in, eg what are these exponents:

<RecipeDef Name="SurgeryNatural" ParentName="SurgeryFlesh" Abstract="True">
      <surgeonSurgerySuccessChanceExponent>2</surgeonSurgerySuccessChanceExponent>
      <roomSurgerySuccessChanceFactorExponent>4</roomSurgerySuccessChanceFactorExponent>
      <surgerySuccessChanceFactor>0.8</surgerySuccessChanceFactor>
      <deathOnFailedSurgeryChance>0.3</deathOnFailedSurgeryChance>

CactusCraze

joaonunes

Quote from: Dawnrister on May 05, 2016, 08:19:15 AM
So my poor chef got her arm cut off but I had a spare biotic arm laying around so no probs. The funny thing is that when the operation was complete she dropped the cut off arm...

This happened to me too! Why is this happening? If I had to hint I'd say that might be related to prosthetics replacing shoulders and not arms?
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Zephalon

The new "Social" Tab disappears as soon as i activate the mod (1.63). Does this happen to anyone else?

joaonunes

Quote from: Zephalon on May 21, 2016, 04:48:17 PM
The new "Social" Tab disappears as soon as i activate the mod (1.63). Does this happen to anyone else?

Social tab? You mean "Relations" tab? If there is a tab named social Ive never seen it and in that case yeah I might have the same problem xD

harpo99999

there is a social tab on EACH pawn when you select the pawn (it tracks all relationships and interations with other pawns)

joaonunes

Quote from: harpo99999 on May 21, 2016, 06:18:07 PM
there is a social tab on EACH pawn when you select the pawn (it tracks all relationships and interations with other pawns)

Ohhh that social tab xD what other mods do you have installed? Do you have CCL installed?

Breedon

Is it impossible to have Bionic hands and arms or legs and feet. ?

I have Adv Bionic arms both left and right but now I can't wear rings from cuproPanda's Ancient Amulets mod. Says "missing body parts"   (ie:Hands for rings)   ... I assumed that if you installed arms that hands just came with them? because I assumed your manipulation wouldn't be better with just stumps lol. 

Fine fine. I now made a Adv Bionic hand, removed the Adv Bionic left shoulder, went to add the left hand annnnd oh wait I can't because it removed the shoulder and I only have an arm from the the original surgery... *Grumble* Soooo I harvested a shoulder off a...volunteer.. to attach that for the hand, for the ring but I can't because Harvest shoulder only gives you a arm and not a shoulder. lol good times

So I can't add an Adv B Hand on a Adv B Arm

Ghizmo

Bree, I believe it workes like this without the mod as well.
You can only install one bionic part on any of the limbs. eg, either the leg, or the foot becomes bionic. Which i thought was weird as well. My assumption was that if you replace the arm, the hand actually stays the same. Just the part from shoulder to hand would be bionic haha. But I never got to test it with the rings like you did. :) My ice-sheet colony gets rekt looong before i get to bionics.

So I guess I'm wondering for the same thing.
Could it be made possible to get all bodyparts replaced/attached/harvested? To make a full bionic colonist and allow complete body surgery.

Btw, I love this mod! Ive been using it so long I would not be able to play without it anymore.