[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

DeMoraatz

Quote from: joaonunes on June 01, 2016, 05:58:11 AM
Quote from: DeMoraatz on June 01, 2016, 04:23:13 AM
I like this mod, well made and th benches fit in just fine.

Found another bug though; when attaching a bionic arm to a shoulder where the arm has been shot off, I get an amputated arm for free.

This problem has been pointed out quite some time ago :P But still no fix...
\
Ah, then apologies for repeating this bug report. 75 pages is a lot to scroll through. ;)

Quote from: Fregrant on June 01, 2016, 06:33:22 AM
Its because scheme is:
Body
   Shoulder <= surgery point, arm goes here, arm spawns from here
      Arm
         Hand

Maybe change shoulder to arm... But then no fix for shattered shoulder...
so if I replace an arm, should I also replace the hand?

joaonunes

Quote from: DeMoraatz on June 02, 2016, 09:04:31 AM
Ah, then apologies for repeating this bug report. 75 pages is a lot to scroll through. ;)
No problem... the bug is still there, so a bump should not harm anyone :P

Quote from: DeMoraatz on June 02, 2016, 09:04:31 AM
so if I replace an arm, should I also replace the hand?
Well.... yeah. You wouldn't chop an arm in pieces just so you could keep your hand, you would cut off the whole arm. The issue here is the arm VS shoulder problems...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Ocirannor

Sorry if this has be answered already but i dont really want to read thro 76 pages. But could anyone tell me how to see the recipes? Cant for the life of me figure it out

Ghizmo

You click on the work bench > bills > the details button that accompanies each bill will tell you this.

madexd

The new crafting component Vancidium is way to expensive, in my opinion.
If i want to craft an advanced bionic spine for example, I need to craft a bionic spine first for 125 steel, 125 plasteel and 10 components.
To upgrade the spine i need 5 advanced components, which cost 5 vancidium and 1 component each.
To craft 1 vancidium you need 20 gold, 10 plaststeel and 25 steel. So that makes 200 steel 125 plasteel 10 components and 125 gold total for one advanced bionic spine, not to mention all the time it takes to research the 20 work benches and the costs to build them.
So after you go through all the trouble of researching and building the work benches, you can craft an advanced bionic spine, which costs roughly 5650 silver, instead of just buying it from a trader for 4k silver? Whats the point of going through all the crafting, if its cheaper to just buy the part?

Minnigin

Quote from: madexd on June 06, 2016, 01:33:24 PM
The new crafting component Vancidium is way to expensive, in my opinion.
If i want to craft an advanced bionic spine for example, I need to craft a bionic spine first for 125 steel, 125 plasteel and 10 components.
To upgrade the spine i need 5 advanced components, which cost 5 vancidium and 1 component each.
To craft 1 vancidium you need 20 gold, 10 plaststeel and 25 steel. So that makes 200 steel 125 plasteel 10 components and 125 gold total for one advanced bionic spine, not to mention all the time it takes to research the 20 work benches and the costs to build them.
So after you go through all the trouble of researching and building the work benches, you can craft an advanced bionic spine, which costs roughly 5650 silver, instead of just buying it from a trader for 4k silver? Whats the point of going through all the crafting, if its cheaper to just buy the part?

In my opinion it makes sense to cost a bit more to create your own simply because you get to choose exactly what bionic to make, while simply buying them from traders is cheaper you don't get the freedom of deciding which ones are available from random trades

Kiwih

I can't download the mod. The file EPOE 1,63 takes forever :(

harpo99999

Quote from: Kiwih on June 14, 2016, 02:47:27 PM
odd, in MY computer (btw NO junkware/spyware/toolbars) the download took approx 10 seconds.
if your computer has NO toolbars/junkware/spyware/malware and other downloads (and even web pages take a long time to load and you have atleast 4gb of ram) then it might be that your internet has a monthly download limit and you and the other users of the connection have exceeded the download limit

joaonunes

Quote from: harpo99999 on June 14, 2016, 05:23:44 PM
odd, in MY computer (btw NO junkware/spyware/toolbars) the download took approx 10 seconds.
if your computer has NO toolbars/junkware/spyware/malware and other downloads (and even web pages take a long time to load and you have atleast 4gb of ram) then it might be that your internet has a monthly download limit and you and the other users of the connection have exceeded the download limit

Monthly download limits still exist? I feel bad as an IT student :(
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

☢FLAY☢

Quote from: joaonunes on June 15, 2016, 02:42:25 AM
Quote from: harpo99999 on June 14, 2016, 05:23:44 PM

Monthly download limits still exist? I feel bad as an IT student :(

Mine is 50gb, I have to get my little brother to download the games I buy at my parents place to stay in the damn safe zone, the struggle with school fees and low wage

Ghizmo

What needs to be changed and where does it need to be changed to be able to add prosthetic/adv/bionic hand parts to prosthetic/adv/bionic arm parts?

lch

You did such a professional job with this mod! Fits in so well too, great work!

1. Brain stimulator implant for brain injury fell far too short. I was hoping for 90% and could probably live with even 80%, but 50% is just too slow to be worth the effort. As a side note I found myself wishing it also helped colonists suffering from Alzheimer's, in some way.
2. I feel the synthetic surrogate organs require far too much resource(s). Calculating just how much material (and time) required simply for a synthetic heart, for example. Also think about how easy it is to alternatively harvest organs from captured pirates. My suggestion is the hyperweave and 1 advanced component.

Possible bug: I have all colonists set to use herbal medical kits, yet twice now, when going to install an implant (such as a medical rib), they grab a glitterworld medical kit (or other high medical kit) for the surgery. It may be just going for the nearest kit w/o checking.

ps. Really loved the attention to detail, such as the sound effects for the different benches. So good!

Lady Wolf

I noticed a bug with the animal prosthesis add-on to EPOE in that the A.I chip surgery and pain stopper implant surgeries were missing from the operations tab.

This is because in the Recipe_SyntheticAnimal the animal brain is defined as  "Brain" when it should be listed as "AnimalBrain"

For anyone who wants to fix this themselves, simply open the animalprosthesis/defs/recipedefs/Recipe_SyntheticAnimal.xml file and go to lines 46 & 127

And look for the following lines:
      <appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
         <li>Brain</li>
      </appliedOnFixedBodyParts>

and replace them with

<appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
         <li>AnimalBrain</li>
      </appliedOnFixedBodyParts>

save the file and the surgeries will now be available under the operations tab.

(Note this IS save game compatible.)

Jovus

As soon as I found this mod, I installed it. It's lovely.

However, I have one small problem: I can't seem to do any brain surgeries.

I have the Brain Surgery research project; I have the Bionics research project. I have a bionics workbench. I have an AI personality core. When I go to the operations tab on a colonist with a permanent brain injury, I find no relevant surgery, and there are no promising recipes at the bionics workbench.

What am I missing?

It might be conflicts with other mods; I have several, including Glitterworld and A Dog Said, among others. I just wanted to check I wasn't missing something obvious.

Thanks!

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Jovus on June 26, 2016, 12:12:41 PM

What am I missing?

To to brain surgery on colonists you need an A.I Chip, not an AI personality Core. (You build an A.I chip at the Synthetic organ research bench.)

Hope that helps!