[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

123nick

will u make this compatible with glittertech? i heard mods that add prosthetics and other surgery bills and etc dont work well together when both are being used.

Ykara

Quote from: 123nick on July 18, 2016, 04:04:18 AM
will u make this compatible with glittertech? i heard mods that add prosthetics and other surgery bills and etc dont work well together when both are being used.
Sam has uploaded a surgery free version of Glittertech, just use this version and you'll be fine.

Argelle

Quote from: Joshy1111 on July 16, 2016, 11:12:51 PM

*Facepalm*...
A eye patch covers the eye :D
Oh and 10/10 just means the health of the eye patch

Thanks Joshy, that settle it then.

On a different matter : if I want to retain control of a mod (prosthetics for one), it is possible to unstall it manually on a steam version, isn't it? Reason I do not use the DRM free rimworld is the quickest speed of update on steam.

prototype2001

Heres some of my feedback regarding the mod. I used this in A13 and loved it until it got out of control. When each raid yields more and more prisoners its hard to pass up the opportunity to harvest their organs, in A13 i think you could harvest 14 organs per prisoner which was around ~13,000 worth.

Now from what i understand of "Removed the possibility to harvest many natural body parts for balancing and eliminating bugs" I could harvest the same stuff as in A13 except no legs & arms, that is still 7,800 worth per prisoner. Designing 10 bills for each prisoner becomes a chore, lucrative chore. I also don't understand why body part's value got multiplied in EPOE ex: the value of a heart in vanilla is 500 while in EPOE its 2,000.

Going this route of organ harvesting factory also requires the colony to be full of psychopaths as killing innocent prisoners and harvesting their organs gives you a nasty stacking mood penalty that lasts 7 days.

All of my complaints would be solved with a special medical bed that has pre-designed bills attached to it of eye,ear,stomach, etc etc and lastly heart removal.

123nick

Quote from: Ykara on July 18, 2016, 08:00:46 AM
Quote from: 123nick on July 18, 2016, 04:04:18 AM
Sam has uploaded a surgery free version of Glittertech, just use this version and you'll be fine.

i know, and im considering that option, but i wonder if im gaining anything by having both mods as prosthetics options, like, is there any improved organs and etc that glittertech has that EPOE doesent? i wonder if its possible for their to be a compatability option, if that isnt too much too ask.

Great

It's possible to also be able to download older version?I don't know if it's included in hardcore SK.

Ykara

Quote from: prototype2001 on July 18, 2016, 08:47:57 AM
Heres some of my feedback regarding the mod. I used this in A13 and loved it until it got out of control. When each raid yields more and more prisoners its hard to pass up the opportunity to harvest their organs, in A13 i think you could harvest 14 organs per prisoner which was around ~13,000 worth.

Now from what i understand of "Removed the possibility to harvest many natural body parts for balancing and eliminating bugs" I could harvest the same stuff as in A13 except no legs & arms, that is still 7,800 worth per prisoner. Designing 10 bills for each prisoner becomes a chore, lucrative chore. I also don't understand why body part's value got multiplied in EPOE ex: the value of a heart in vanilla is 500 while in EPOE its 2,000.

Going this route of organ harvesting factory also requires the colony to be full of psychopaths as killing innocent prisoners and harvesting their organs gives you a nasty stacking mood penalty that lasts 7 days.

All of my complaints would be solved with a special medical bed that has pre-designed bills attached to it of eye,ear,stomach, etc etc and lastly heart removal.
You're a sick, sick man.
Having said that, I'm not that of a skilled modder, including your suggestion requires more than just basic XML knowledge. Sorry :/

Quote from: 123nick on July 18, 2016, 09:02:52 AM
i know, and im considering that option, but i wonder if im gaining anything by having both mods as prosthetics options, like, is there any improved organs and etc that glittertech has that EPOE doesent? i wonder if its possible for their to be a compatability option, if that isnt too much too ask.
No, you don't gain anything from having both mods' extra prostheses. Although I think they are already compatible, you could try. But it's confusing, because both mods add prostheses with similar names.

Quote from: Great on July 18, 2016, 12:48:03 PM
It's possible to also be able to download older version?I don't know if it's included in hardcore SK.
What version do you need? I'd give you the link.

Quote from: Argelle on July 18, 2016, 08:45:03 AM
Thanks Joshy, that settle it then.

On a different matter : if I want to retain control of a mod (prosthetics for one), it is possible to unstall it manually on a steam version, isn't it? Reason I do not use the DRM free rimworld is the quickest speed of update on steam.
Yep you can, just unsuscribe the mod on steam. For manually removing you need the path, for me it's: \Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\725956940

Cassgon

if it's not too much trouble can I get an a13 mod link?

Terodan

I see the removed option for legs and arm from a split position. the "organ harvesting factory" is indeed lucrative and I also had a storage full of spare parts that I'd regulary sell. But in the end youre using one way or another to get to a good deal of silver by trading, either by selling  300000 statues for example in Vanilla, or 20000 simple meals or you actually do the actually less automated version of organ harvesting, that actually even makes you deal with bad thoughts all the time, since if you don't use other mods to have a colony full of psychopaths (or just dev mode) that does add up, especially if you dont let them walk away on those peg legs you graciously gave them before sending them on their way home, but also decided to take the heart/liver and get the "killed harvesting" bad thought too multible times.

So in fact I think while lucrative it actually did involve a LOT more micro management and effort to actually do that, not to mention in some raids just everyone dies. I dont really play with a lot of mods so all of my weapons are vanilla and I rarely get more than one prisoner and half of that prisoner usually goes to fixing colonists that got injured by that very raid.

On a side note: Is it possible to somehow add the former owner of a body part to it, name tag wise? It would be kinda interesting to see the frankenstein-ification of ones colony by clicking on the health tab  XD

Ykara

Quote from: Terodan on July 19, 2016, 08:16:12 PM
I see the removed option for legs and arm from a split position. the "organ harvesting factory" is indeed lucrative and I also had a storage full of spare parts that I'd regulary sell. But in the end youre using one way or another to get to a good deal of silver by trading, either by selling  300000 statues for example in Vanilla, or 20000 simple meals or you actually do the actually less automated version of organ harvesting, that actually even makes you deal with bad thoughts all the time, since if you don't use other mods to have a colony full of psychopaths (or just dev mode) that does add up, especially if you dont let them walk away on those peg legs you graciously gave them before sending them on their way home, but also decided to take the heart/liver and get the "killed harvesting" bad thought too multible times.

So in fact I think while lucrative it actually did involve a LOT more micro management and effort to actually do that, not to mention in some raids just everyone dies. I dont really play with a lot of mods so all of my weapons are vanilla and I rarely get more than one prisoner and half of that prisoner usually goes to fixing colonists that got injured by that very raid.

On a side note: Is it possible to somehow add the former owner of a body part to it, name tag wise? It would be kinda interesting to see the frankenstein-ification of ones colony by clicking on the health tab  XD
Yep, that's pretty much my view, too. If you're willing to take that huge mood penalty (and bad karma), why not make it rewarding?
I really like that idea! But I'm afraid that I lack the modding skills to actually add that feature :/

hector212121

How about simply dropping the prices of organs? It's nice to be able to replace limbs rather than merely organs.

LustrousWolf

Is there a way to fix a shattered clavicle? I tried the bionic arm but that did not fix it :(
I thought everything was fixable except for the frail torso or am I missing something? :o

kaptain_kavern

Clavicle are situated in the torso part, from the code i think only the exoskeleton suit regenerate torso

I think i can try to put clavicle surgeries/treatment in DESurgeries (after i solved how to make an EPOE compatible version - As it modify Races_Humanlike.xml too in order to put new surgeries - Do i have to copy yours, add my new surgeries and load it after EPOE?) if you want, Ykara. Not sure if your mod is focus on artificial organs only

Etherdreamer

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 20, 2016, 10:15:57 AM
Clavicle are situated in the torso part, from the code i think only the exoskeleton suit regenerate torso

I think i can try to put clavicle surgeries/treatment in DESurgeries (after i solved how to make an EPOE compatible version - As it modify Races_Humanlike.xml too in order to put new surgeries - Do i have to copy yours, add my new surgeries and load it after EPOE?) if you want, Ykara. Not sure if your mod is focus on artificial organs only

Dude, how I install this one, sounds really handy I hate those incurable diseases.