[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

123nick

hey i think there is a bug, when i give someone 2 advanced bionic arms, they cant wear an advanced toolbet from The right tool for the job mod.
it says that the advanced toolbelt covers the fingers, all or most of them ,and with the 2 arms apparently the colonist has no fingers. see here:

Mrshilka

Hello Ykara, thanks for your fantastic mod.

I am using your Steam release and I have a small possible bug to report, it seems when making vancidium and making advanced components your colonists do not gain any crafting skill.

LustrousWolf

Dogman_27

Help! I can't install anything in the brain (brain stimulator, AI chip) and the four types of ribs (medical, adrenaline, painkiller and drugged).

EDIT: Was testing this mod on colony with god mode a spawned in things, forgot to do the brain surgery research...

ChrisH43272

Quote from: ChrisH43272 on July 22, 2016, 11:29:07 AM
The mod works fine up until I try to install any of the prosthetics, I have the item but I don't get an operation to install them.

Figured it out, turns out this isn't compatible with the zombie mod, my fault.

kaptain_kavern

This mod will not be compatible with any other mods that modify Human_races.xml

Ykara

Quote from: retep998 on July 21, 2016, 04:02:25 PM
Also I just have to ask, what is with Items_Hyperweave.xml? As far as I can tell it is identical to the version from Core, so why are you redefining it?
You're right, it's the same. As far as I remember hyperweave wasn't tradable in the previous alphas, so I added that in. Could be wrong though. Anyway, thanks for pointing that out, I've "fixed" it for the next update.

Quote from: retep998 on July 20, 2016, 05:11:55 PM
You appear to have forgotten the labels for your workgiver definitions.

Afaik vanilla version doesn't use these labels, but I'm gonna add them for the next update.

Quote from: LustrousWolf on July 20, 2016, 04:03:37 PM
I have a steel arm in my stockpile, yet it does not appear in the list of operations. Bug?
Has to be on your side, I don't have this problem.

I wish I could :/
Quote from: Vastrix on July 22, 2016, 09:19:06 AM
Change request:

• Create a config option that refunds the item when the operation fails.

This would be awesome.. :)
Cheers,
I wish I could :/

The mod works fine up until I try to install any of the prosthetics, I have the item but I don't get an operation to install them.
Looks like a mod conflict to me. Do you use any other mods?

Quote from: Lomano on July 22, 2016, 12:02:58 PM
I love this mod but i think there is too many workbenches. I know then it would be easy to research but the proces of making advanced bionic X is really long.
Yeah, I'm working on that issue.

Quote from: 123nick on July 23, 2016, 03:47:47 AM
hey i think there is a bug, when i give someone 2 advanced bionic arms, they cant wear an advanced toolbet from The right tool for the job mod.
it says that the advanced toolbelt covers the fingers, all or most of them ,and with the 2 arms apparently the colonist has no fingers.
That's not a bug, that's how prostheses work. When you replace an arm, it replaces everything from the shoulders downwards. There's also no fix to this since it's hardcoded. Sorry :/

Quote from: Mrshilka on July 23, 2016, 05:03:49 AM
Hello Ykara, thanks for your fantastic mod.

I am using your Steam release and I have a small possible bug to report, it seems when making vancidium and making advanced components your colonists do not gain any crafting skill.
Thanks for reporting! Gonna fix it.

Quote from: LustrousWolf on July 24, 2016, 09:06:07 AM
Is there a way to replace sternums? :o
No, but what do you need sternums for anyway :^)

Quote from: ChrisH43272 on July 24, 2016, 09:08:57 PM

Figured it out, turns out this isn't compatible with the zombie mod, my fault.
Gonna make a compatibility patch, good to see that the Zombie mod is back!

Quote from: Killface on July 26, 2016, 04:17:22 PM
Some Chinese guy released your mod on Steam, along with many other mods.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729842858
That's interesting, I only recall giving him permission to translate the mod. Thank you, I'm gonna ask him if wants to provide me the Chinese translation, next update could be the next big language update :D

Sarelth

For the problem with the toolbelts, is it possible to instal a hand and get the fingers back?

Vastrix

Bug Report

The AI Chip should give (according to the in-game description) enhanced Consciousness and mobility

However, once administered none of those effects seem to be applied..

RickDeckerSpiegel

Hello, your MOD is fantastic! I played many hours with it and I really to help my colonist with medical science at his best. Is there any chance, that you're planning to expand the possibilities for animals too? I would like the feeling to be a mad scientist who created Robodog (from the Fallout series) or having a Cyborg-Killer-Bear or just let my crippled Husky run  again :) plz make it possible!!!

(I'm new here in the forum and I don't have the time to read all posts until now. In the case that many ppl allrdy requested what I said, dont be angry plz :) Good day Sir and I'm looking forward to see, where you go from now. Bionics made my Rimworlds are better place to live in.

PS. plz help Caesar, he is still young and that sneaky grizzle came in our settlement and nearly killed him. He really want to run again!

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

harpo99999

for your husky, you will NEED ' A dog said' mod as it adds the limb replacement for animals

123nick

Quote from: Vastrix on July 28, 2016, 10:04:04 AM
Bug Report

The AI Chip should give (according to the in-game description) enhanced Consciousness and mobility

However, once administered none of those effects seem to be applied..

quick question that is probably offtopic, but regardless: do you use ShareX for your screenshots?

RickDeckerSpiegel

Quote from: harpo99999 on July 28, 2016, 05:30:39 PM
for your husky, you will NEED ' A dog said' mod as it adds the limb replacement for animals

thank you very much, my friend! My colonist updated this new software in their medical hub and they're now able to operate my Husky!!!
(hahahah at same time, the work at Cyborg Grizzle Jack begins)

Vastrix

Quote from: 123nick on July 28, 2016, 06:02:42 PM
quick question that is probably offtopic, but regardless: do you use ShareX for your screenshots?
Did the rounded rectangles give it away? :P

kgoodrid

Quote from: Gar1onriva on July 22, 2016, 01:05:45 PM
Quote from: Rorax on July 21, 2016, 11:04:54 PM
Hi I just want to say I encountered this bug too, again simple arm prosthetic already on the pawn. I also noticed they wouldn't do anything after dropping an item at a stockpile.

I seem to have found a workaround. By removing the prosthetic arm prior to activating the mod, and then replacing it after the mod's activated, the bug vanishes.
Still a bug, but this way we can use the mod.

I seem to be having the same problem. I currently have a pawn with a simple prosthetic arm that is stuck. She seems to cycle through planned tasks but does not move. Also does not move when I draft her. I was hoping she would collapse from exhaustion so I could move her to a bed, but no luck, so there doesn't seem to be any way to 'fix' her. I also tried disabling the mod and it won't load the save at all.

Not a big deal since I am relatively sure this is related to activating the mod after playing for awhile (thought it was active and then realized it wasn't!).

Edit: Solution found. whats odd about this is that when trying several of my last few saves and autosaves, the pawn will get out of her bed then walk forward, but gets stuck at the door to her room. I've tried removing the door but she stays stuck. So I went back to a save where she was still in bed, set the bed to medical, and did an operation to remove the arm. Seems to have fixed the problem and I can now continue on.