[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Dingo

The problem with EPOE is that the structure (with the horrible workaround etc.) is not good and the mod is very large. You can have a hard time pinpointing errors or issues if you're using it. I think Ykara just doesn't have time to work on it at the moment, or maybe just not publicly.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Inzann on September 13, 2016, 07:50:30 PM
So any solution to the "being stuck in bed after surgery" bug?
It is a vanilla bug. You "just" need to have a drafted colonist to punch the sedated one to wake him up

RommePawn

I think that painkiller ribs should be changed as they make pain 90% rather then -10 or -6 or -3 or whatever.

I have made a poll explaining this more here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26463.0

Thank you.

Dingo

Unofficial Update: 1.83 - Bug Fixing & Structure

I contacted Ykara and got permission to try and fix bugs since Ykara is busy right now. No balance changes, only attempted fixes for issues that have been brought up lately.
Download 1.83 from Google Drive (direct download)

No errors on my short testing session. Please perform a clean installation if you want to test it and start a new save.

Changelog:
1.83 - Dingo's attempt to fix mod issues (30.09.2016)
- Made all XML structures "pretty" (everything tabbed according to hierarchy. makes it easier to read)
- Added missing A15c abstract bases to reduce chance of errors
- Removed unused AIPersonaCore (cleanup)
- Removed unused CannonArm (cleanup)
- Removed unused Brain bodypart (cleanup)
- Removed unused GlassEye bodypart (cleanup)
- Removed Item_Workaround XML
- Removed StuffCategoryDefs folder
- Removed "ProbablyTheWorstWorkaroundEver" from Items_BodyPartsBionic.xml, Items_BodyPartsSimple.xml, Items_UnfinishedProsthesis.xml, Items_Vancidium.xml
- UnfinishedProsthesis doesn't require specific StuffCategories any more (it can use anything, stemming from recipes that have <unfinishedThingDef>UnfinishedProsthesis</unfinishedThingDef>)
- CreateSyntheticLiver recipe fixed to require 1 SurrogateLiver
- Fixed missing research prerequisite for TableBasicProsthetic (classic start has this research completed by default)
- Consolidates workbenches into one XML (doesn't actually change anything, just reduces file clutter)

kaptain_kavern

Hey thank you both. I will try this one ASAP. I'm looking forward to see if the cleaned categorisation and removing of the "workaround" goes well with ADS and DESurgeries. I better should say if they will go along well with new EPOE. But it should and if not I want to correct things on my side quickly ;-)

Thx again guys. Much Appreciated

Dingo

When I first removed the ProbablyTheWorstWorkaroundEver thing I had errors when trying to make drugged ribs (since they require beer which isn't stuff).

Using <stuffCategories /> for UnfinishedProsthesis seemed to have the desired result so I believe it's fully compatible now. The unfinished item uses any ingredients included in the recipe. This is the same behaviour as UnfinishedGun, UnfinishedTechArmor etc. from-which I blatantly stole it of course.

The added benefit of getting rid of ProbablyTheWorstWorkaroundEver is that vanilla defs aren't touched at all.

Un0riginal

Could you please add a way for colonists to gain research skill without needing researches. I have researched everything and while I do have a researcher I could train in crafting, I'd rather train my crafters in research. If for whatever reason my researcher dies, then that's the end of the advanced section of your mod.

That or remove the research requirement on vancidium crafting and make it a research itself.

AlphaMason

Any chance we might be able to play Frankenstein in Rimworld.  It be nice to be able to bring your colonist back from the dead so you can put them back to work like drones or maybe even a full resurrection/restore but with a downside of some debuff(s) for example scars, slower movement speed, and/or etc.  Doctor skill and meds should be a factor in how good or bad the "revived" are.  I was thinking maybe brains you can craft with some kind of organic material that you grow in a vat or tank for example it could be called gray matter or another option where you use components to make some type of artificial brain/AI to revive your colonist after death, but before they turn to bones unless you replace all the parts expect the bones however you should be able to still replace bones if you want to.  Anyways, that's my suggestion.

ogbuluhouse

i have a problem where whenever i tell a colonist to preform surgery they just literally stand there until it's time for them to sleep. It even says they're standing not moving to get a prosthetic or anything. I've had a colonist for days now that has lost their leg and i cannot give them a new one. no matter what bed he is in, type of floor, or person operating on them. please help this is quite frustrating

geliant

I have a problem with purple workbench.It did not appear after the researching,so i can't craft synthetics organs.

Dingo

tombery8

Quote from: Dingo on October 04, 2016, 03:27:00 PM
Wasn't that changed to be the Upgrade Station?
But I cant find Upgrade Station.
Where is it?

Dingo

It's unlocked by the Advanced Prosthetics research, I think. That might be a design oversight since Ykara narrowed down the number of benches recently.

peppel36

Great mod, thanks!
I have a question though;
I have edited the incidentsDef in the core folder so I get more orbital traders, but it doesnt seem to work with this mod.
I have tried editing the multiplier to rediculous amounts, like 100, 1000 and 10000 but it doesnt seem to do anything.
Am I just being really unlucky here?

sadpickle

Quote from: peppel36 on October 07, 2016, 02:19:21 PM
Great mod, thanks!
I have a question though;
I have edited the incidentsDef in the core folder so I get more orbital traders, but it doesnt seem to work with this mod.
I have tried editing the multiplier to rediculous amounts, like 100, 1000 and 10000 but it doesnt seem to do anything.
Am I just being really unlucky here?

This mod adds a Prosthetics Trader which is probably overwriting your changes or something.