[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

lc-soz

For anyone having the problem of pawn don't get back to walk after surgery (I saw this "solution" in this post, posted by kyle5471¹)

• Go to your save folder, normally: C:\Users\[you user name]\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves (Inside rimworld option's it's possible to open directly the folder).
  • Open the save you want to "fix" with a text editor, I personally use Notepad++, tons of functions for other uses aswell.
  • Search for "<healthState>Down</healthState>" (without quotation marks)
  • Delete all of them

If you use notepad++ you can "fine touch" this:

• When searching "<healthState>Down</healthState>" press "Find All in Current Document"
  • One tab will open, normally in the button part of Notepadd++
  • Only delete the more to the left one's, like in the image attach to this reply. By my experience it will only "get up" pawns

You can roll up to find the pawn that is Down, so you just use this to the one you think that need the solution. Other way is to search "<nick>Your pawn nick</nick>" and roll down until find "<healthState>Down</healthState>".

To make this "fair" I wait the consciousness of my pawn get back to normal, then I use this solution. I don't know if you can use it before that...

OR

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 17, 2016, 02:49:59 PM
just punch them once with another drafted colonist in order to wake them up

I don't like the idea of my colonists hurting each other, so I prefer to use the "edit save" way.

¹Profile link: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=42495

Sorry for my bad english.

Edit:

Before: Only delete the more to the right one's
Correction: Only delete the more to the left one's

I discover that all my other "Down" pawn were AIRobots from Haplo's Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots mod, it's possible that in your case it only have "normal" pawns in down state.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

lc-soz

I would love to see an option to copy surgery bills or to remove all organs in an order that remove most organs (like don't remove heart or liver before eyes). If anyone knows a mod that does that, please, tell me.

Nimrod

Quote from: Dingo on October 15, 2016, 01:18:45 PM
The mod is really big but its structure can probably be condensed down by 10-20% with proper editing, inheritance etc. Values for a lot of the prostheses are overpriced, Vancidium is kinda weird, surgery bases being really similar and all that jazz. It doesn't make a difference in the final product, though, just the initial loading time.

Yeah, the code is kind of a mess ... some abstracts are missing, the sound file is 2,5 MB and there is some really strange "work around" in the Defs ... *sigh* I guess I have to clean this up for myself ...

P.S.: still good work though, I know porting/ taking something over is tough work.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Nimrod on October 18, 2016, 10:24:26 AM
Yeah, the code is kind of a mess ... some abstracts are missing, the sound file is 2,5 MB and there is some really strange "work around" in the Defs ... *sigh* I guess I have to clean this up for myself ...
P.S.: still good work though, I know porting/ taking something over is tough work.

Looks like you're running the 1.82?   Dingo had worked on a 1.83 with some of this corrected

Nimrod

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 18, 2016, 11:04:53 AM
Quote from: Nimrod on October 18, 2016, 10:24:26 AM

Looks like you're running the 1.82?   Dingo had worked on a 1.83 with some of this corrected

Hey, thanks for the heads up! Yes, I was looking at the Steam Workshop version.
Cheers!

alainv20

I have noticed you can get colonists/prisoners to actually get back up if you bring them to the verge of starving,not starving to death just till they get the first "Malnutrition" state,so for incapped prisoners just deny food for awile,and put each colonist in their own room and lock the door.

RommePawn

Somebody messed up a recipe.

Easy fix, go to Defs\recipeDefs\Recipe_Synthesizer.xml search liver, find <count>10</count> under SurrogateLiver. Feel free to compare with the other organ recipes, everything else uses 1 to make 1. Rather then 10>>1.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

kaptain_kavern

And somebody should use the 1.83 provided by Dingo  :P : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.msg268020#msg268020

It corrected many other things. But you fixed it right although

Cheers

RommePawn

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 25, 2016, 02:05:47 AM
And somebody should use the 1.83 provided by Dingo  :P : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.msg268020#msg268020

It corrected many other things. But you fixed it right although

Oh... I need to stop reporting things that have been fixed. Lol.. Thanks

kaptain_kavern

I don't know if you want to do modding at some point (or even just for tweaking mods to your convenience), but that had the merit to make you sure about having understood well the way the recipes system work ;)

Don't depreciate yourself ;D

Poebe

Is it just me or you don't get human limbs after you replace them with bionics anymore?

harpo99999

jmababa

Quote from: RommePawn on October 25, 2016, 02:04:47 AM
Somebody messed up a recipe.

Easy fix, go to Defs\recipeDefs\Recipe_Synthesizer.xml search liver, find <count>10</count> under SurrogateLiver. Feel free to compare with the other organ recipes, everything else uses 1 to make 1. Rather then 10>>1.

grab the toned down version of this in medical compilation modpack its balanced better than the original

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: jmababa on November 01, 2016, 05:09:23 AM
Grab the toned down version of this in medical compilation modpack its balanced better than the original
Matter of taste I'd say. Making everything super easy is not something everyone find balanced. As always balance is not something universal/objective IMHO

skisquirrel

So I might have missed it in the 99 pages of comments, but does anyone still have a link to the Alpha 13 version?  CombatRealism still hasn't updated, and I'm feeling the urge, but apparently lost this mod in my last reformat.