[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

jmababa

Quote from: roomaroo on January 15, 2017, 01:38:00 PM
I've been experiencing a bug where cannot smelt any vancidium weapons. Even with EPOE only (no other mods) it doesn't work. This worked in the last version. It must be an update issue, because not RT's Weapon mod can't smelt either.

I noticed in the configs (Items_Vancidium.xml) that vancidium does not bear the "<smeltable>true</smeltable>" tag. I'm no modder, but I tried adding it to no avail.

Seems that the smelter doesn't recognize any weapon made from vancidium.

install medivial mod that should fix it now you can smelt that back using the smelter from that mod and its early in game with that mod

WinterFlare

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the market prices of organs on the Steam Workshop, and I kinda agree with them. I know it's your mod, and I have no right to dictate what direction you take with it, but I'd like to offer my suggestion for a "Fix"

It would probably take a lot of work, and I have no idea if it's been suggested before, but you could you possibly implement something similar to vanilla's Deadman's Apparel to offset how much money crafted or harvested items are worth. The unfortunate effect of this is that it would possibly mean twice as many items, twice as many surgeries, but a better amount of monetary balance.

Examples: (I don't know why I'm using all eyes, maybe it's because they're easiest to get and I'm too lazy to go into Dev Mode)

Bionic Eye: MV 3500, MV of Ingredients 791, "Net Gain" 2709.

Golden Eye: MV 1500, MV of Ingredients 200, "Net Gain" 1300.

Eyeball: MV 1500, MV of Ingredients N/A, "Net Gain" 1500.

Instead of adjusting their individual values, you could make different versions of the items. Basically something like "Bionic Eye (C)" or "Eyeball (H)" to signify they were either crafted or harvested on the world, and worth only 30% of their trader counterparts. This way buying something you desperately need from a trader costs an appropriate amount, but making the items or harvesting prisoners is a lot less lucrative.

Draegon

Der Failer

Quote from: Draegon on January 21, 2017, 06:57:26 PM
What's the 2x1 purple table in the screenshots?
That no longer exists. It used to be to craft synthetic organs, but thous are now crafted in the upgrade station (the purple 3x1).

CaptainSlackjaw

"This mod works fine with existing colonies!"
I install this mod and it will work with previously saved game perfectly?

sleepytaco

I really enjoyed this mod in the past, but now literally 100% of my surgeries are failing.  I have been 'healing' my prisoners by giving them peg legs and such, however out of >15 operations I have yet to see a single one succeed.  This is with a doctor originally at 15 skill, now at 19.  This seems abysmally low and ridiculous.  Is anyone else seeing this issue? I'm not sure if its mod related or what.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: sleepytaco on January 23, 2017, 05:27:07 AM
I really enjoyed this mod in the past, but now literally 100% of my surgeries are failing.  I have been 'healing' my prisoners by giving them peg legs and such, however out of >15 operations I have yet to see a single one succeed.  This is with a doctor originally at 15 skill, now at 19.  This seems abysmally low and ridiculous.  Is anyone else seeing this issue? I'm not sure if its mod related or what.

There was a change to the base game in A16, supposed to be a rebalancing in next alpha.

Grendl_Kahn

My first post on this forum!

I just had a question about painkiller ribs.
One of my pawns has a badly healed gunshot wound and has a constant 23% pain modifier.
So I wanted to install a painkiller rib to stop him from whining. But that didnt change a thing, the modifier still remains.
Is this a bug? Or is this working as intended?

harpo99999

it appears that the painkiller ribs only take 5% of the pain, so W A D,
the best answer IF you can is to re-generate the torso & limbs (there is a mod somewher( not sure of name) that does add a regenerate torso to most pawns), the alternate is to put all prisoners with pain or unwanted traits to either execute or release assuming that they are a prisoner, but if it was ont of the originals or a autojoin no answer to my limited knowledge

homerbra

I did the translation of the mod, to PT-BR with inject.
How do I send?

TeshacK

I think I found a bug: you can build Basic Prosthetics Workbench without the Basic Prosthetics researched (tribal start)

Qrusher14242

I have the latest release of Colony Manager and after adding this mod, on the Manager tab, there are no icons at the top. Like for Hunting, Power etc. If i remove EPOE, it works fine. I haven't read anything about them being incompatible, but can't get them to work together. Do i have to start a new save for EPOE to work ok?

Flimflamshabam

Why do my medics need to anesthtize people to give them eyepatches and other simple strap-on prosthetics, like the metal arm, golden eye, wooden foot, etc. Also why are my medics ripping peoples heads off to put on an eyepatch? These "operations" should have like a 0% chance of failure if they're performed in a cesspool by someone with -1 medicine skill, just sayin.

I also think the simple prosthetics should be moved to medieval tech, just because it's a lot of hassle (even with tech level increasing mod) to research all the way up to micro electric basics just to make simple poseable prosthetics. Giving people action-figure hands seems like it shouldn't require an advanced industrial understanding.

WinterFlare

@Flimflamshabam

The game treats all surgical operations exactly the same, and this mod does not modify surgery behaviors. The incredible likelihood of decapitation, or loss of other facial features, is the vanilla game's fault. If you want it to be less brutal, you need another mod like Less Arbitrary Surgery.

Because of vanilla surgery behavior, every surgery no matter how easy or hard in real life, is going to have the same chances for success and failure in the game. Individual parts/surgeries don't have different success chances. EPOE only makes this vanilla problem more noticeable, because early-game vanilla rimworld doesn't give you options to cover facial scars. If you operate on the leg, a simple failure will cut the leg or foot and you'll have to heal it. If you operate on a head, it will affect anything else on the head, and all of those body parts have incredibly low health.