[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Madman666

Man, I am so sad! Tynan changed butchery (and added mining and harvest) efficiency to never be able to rise above 100% even with bionic part manipulation bonus. Can you add bonuses to mining, harvesting and butchery efficiency to advanced bionic bodyparts? Because those were kinda singnificant advantages of having a cyber person - he could get more meat out of animals. Bionic cooks really helped feeding large cities :( At least some small bonuses like 4-5% per part, so that fully bionic person could have at least 20-30% more yields...

Joedox

There is a small Bug with Category in ThingCategoryDefs.
The "GlitterworldParts" are mixed with the "SyntheticOrgans". I do not know if it's normal !?

donutman07

What is the deal with the cornea implants?  I can't put them on once I have put in bionic or advanced bionic eyes.  And it's not exactly easy to get normal eyes back since you can't harvest them.  I tried even giving prisoners bionic eyes to see if I could steal their eyes that way, but no luck it doesn't spawn anymore.

Similarly, the muscle stimulator seems to require regular arms & legs to be applied. I don't know if this is necessarily bad, but it's awkward being unable to use them late game once you've already gone heavily bionic

deathstar

Quote from: donutman07 on May 27, 2017, 05:51:42 PM
What is the deal with the cornea implants?  I can't put them on once I have put in bionic or advanced bionic eyes.  And it's not exactly easy to get normal eyes back since you can't harvest them.  I tried even giving prisoners bionic eyes to see if I could steal their eyes that way, but no luck it doesn't spawn anymore.

Similarly, the muscle stimulator seems to require regular arms & legs to be applied. I don't know if this is necessarily bad, but it's awkward being unable to use them late game once you've already gone heavily bionic

Maybe run DESurgeries as well?

BeardedBeck

Not sure if i have hit a bug or a feature.
I have installed a brain stimulator into one of my pawns, and then later a ai chip. For some reason it seems that it does not override the brain stimulator so it ends up maxing out on 65% and not 100%.

Joedox

Hello,

How can I translate the name of the search tab?
File: ResearchTabs_EPOE.xml
Line: <label>Prosthetics</label>

I tested the same folder tree but it does not work.
I also tried putting it in the file: ResearchProjects_EPOE

I have the error:
Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.ResearchProjectDef named EPOE to match EPOE.label

Thank you for your help.

Bye

MountainKing

Quote from: Ykara on May 24, 2017, 06:47:32 PM
Version 2.0 - A New Beginning!
*  Removed the option to harvest eyes

Oh no I can't harvest eyes anymore :(

Is there a particular reason why that option was removed?

Ykara

Quote from: Madman666 on May 25, 2017, 10:58:00 AM
Man, I am so sad! Tynan changed butchery (and added mining and harvest) efficiency to never be able to rise above 100% even with bionic part manipulation bonus. Can you add bonuses to mining, harvesting and butchery efficiency to advanced bionic bodyparts? Because those were kinda singnificant advantages of having a cyber person - he could get more meat out of animals. Bionic cooks really helped feeding large cities :( At least some small bonuses like 4-5% per part, so that fully bionic person could have at least 20-30% more yields...
Yes, I could definitely do that, thanks for pointing it out!

Quote from: Joedox on May 25, 2017, 02:31:06 PM
There is a small Bug with Category in ThingCategoryDefs.
The "GlitterworldParts" are mixed with the "SyntheticOrgans". I do not know if it's normal !?
That's not normal, I'll fix it! Thanks for reporting!

Quote from: donutman07 on May 27, 2017, 05:51:42 PM

I thought of Glitterworld Parts as something more advanced, something that doesn't need to replace a whole bodypart to work. A cornea implant is just more elegant than ripping the whole eye out and installing an artificial new one, I think it fits Glitterworlds better. Subtle, but efficient.
I think I'll also make these parts prostophobe-friendly in the next update.

Quote from: BeardedBeck on May 27, 2017, 09:03:25 PM
Not sure if i have hit a bug or a feature.
I have installed a brain stimulator into one of my pawns, and then later a ai chip. For some reason it seems that it does not override the brain stimulator so it ends up maxing out on 65% and not 100%.
Oh yes, thanks for reporting this, I'll add an option to remove the Brain Stimulator so that the AI-Chip can do its job properly.

Quote from: Joedox on May 28, 2017, 02:16:44 AM
Hello,

I have the error:
Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.ResearchProjectDef named EPOE to match EPOE.label

Thank you for your help.

Bye
Folder name: ResearchTabDef
File name: ResearchTabs

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<LanguageData>

<EPOE.label>Your translation</EPOE.label>

</LanguageData>

Hope that helps!

Quote from: MountainKing on May 28, 2017, 03:16:15 AM
Oh no I can't harvest eyes anymore :(

Is there a particular reason why that option was removed?
Yes there is, I've added a simple bionic eye (the light receptor) in 2.0, and harvesting natural eyes destroys every incentive to craft and use it. Harvesting eyes and putting them into another colonist also seems a bit too ridiculous, doesn't it? ^^
But don't worry, I'll create a small mod that allows you to harvest everything for people who really want that option, I'll put a link in the first post!

Madman666

Joedox

Quote from: Ykara on May 28, 2017, 06:06:43 AM

Quote from: Joedox on May 28, 2017, 02:16:44 AM
Hello,

I have the error:

Thank you for your help.

Bye
Folder name: ResearchTabDef
File name: ResearchTabs

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<LanguageData>

<EPOE.label>Your translation</EPOE.label>

</LanguageData>

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply, it works now !

viperwasp

So Vancidium is completely gone? I'm going to miss it. I loved making items out of Vancidium. Like walls and stuff it was an awesome color. hmmm..... Overall I like 2.0 but I will test this mod out in a couple weeks when I have time to play. i did love Vancidium.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

drunetovich

This mod is the best, can't imagine playing without it, thanks!
Installing AI persona cores - what does it actually do to the colonists?

themaster6869

Great mod, i would like to report that in the most recent steam version the research description for advanced bionics still mentions vancidium

Vistha

Quote from: drunetovich on June 01, 2017, 07:56:46 AM
Installing AI persona cores - what does it actually do to the colonists?

Permanently (apparently) replaces a pawn's brain with an AI persona core for:
x150% pain (feels more pain, easier to down)
+50% consciousness (so also +50% to Moving, Manipulation, Talking and Eating)
+20% blood filtration
+20% blood pumping
x150% hunger rate (needs to eat more)
x50% tiredness (can go without resting for twice as long, e.g. needs to sleep for ~7 hours every 2 days)

Also causes psychotic wandering every 2-4 days.
(I'd like to get Author's confirmation on the last part)

drunetovich

Quote from: Vistha on June 04, 2017, 06:54:46 AM
Permanently (apparently) replaces a pawn's brain with an AI persona core for:
x150% pain (feels more pain, easier to down)
+50% consciousness (so also +50% to Moving, Manipulation, Talking and Eating)
+20% blood filtration
+20% blood pumping
x150% hunger rate (needs to eat more)
x50% tiredness (can go without resting for twice as long, e.g. needs to sleep for ~7 hours every 2 days)

Also causes psychotic wandering every 2-4 days.
(I'd like to get Author's confirmation on the last part)

Thanks! Does it override brain stimulator 65% consciousness max?