[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Xadhoom

I really love this mod!

But i have a question: is bionics the only way to "fix" shattered bones? Or maybe there is some kind of unlockable operation to inject nanites so they fix them? (i see bones are not harvestable)

Little Hell

Quote from: Xadhoom on July 18, 2017, 05:29:39 PM
I really love this mod!

But i have a question: is bionics the only way to "fix" shattered bones? Or maybe there is some kind of unlockable operation to inject nanites so they fix them? (i see bones are not harvestable)

Would love that, like, a Plasteel rib.

Where's the fix scar option?

kjllkjlkj

Can someone please upload the A16 version of the mod to a proper hosting site or share it as a torrent?

I can't for the heck of it figure out how to download files from mediafire. Even when I enable javascript and let it access various third-party-sites when i click the download button it just opens an empty new tab.

Plowshare also doesn't work on mediafire :(

Alternatively: Is there an easy way to make the A15 version compatible with A16?

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

V

So I know I'm being lazy for not just testing this myself, but do the synthetic/surrogate organs trigger the debuff for prosthophobes?

SpaceDorf

I think they do .. but I don't know for sure either.

Try with a healthy organ .. than you can change it back ..

or use a donor .. put the surrogate/synthetic into someone more deserving and give the prostophobe the spare part.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Der Failer

Quote from: V on July 27, 2017, 11:27:05 AM
So I know I'm being lazy for not just testing this myself, but do the synthetic/surrogate organs trigger the debuff for prosthophobes?
Synthetic will trigger a debuff, but surrogate won't. The same goes for Bionics (yes) and basic prosthetics (no).

@Ykara i think you should promote this in the OP, because the ability to replace a missing body part for prosthophobes without a debuff is quite good.

RadicalIon

Hey, I'm really loving this mod, I just have a strange (maybe) question:

I scoured all of the workbenches, but I can't seem to find anywhere to make auxiliary AIs? Can anybody help me out? I've spent a week trying to scrape by with a solitary pawn, who was buffed as hell for roleplaying reasons and got his adv. bionic arm blown off by an explosive launcher on day 1. Now I have this prisoner I keep around exclusively to put a medical AI in him, have him butcher a few other unlucky passer-by's to grind some skill and install a new arm on my dorf. I'm close to chewing my hat over this.

EDIT: I hate asking for help without providing any so
Quote from: tonsrd on July 27, 2017, 01:29:59 PM
does this mod conflict with "death rattle"

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34469.0

I had death-rattle for a bit, and it works quite well, as I saw. Knowing how mods generally work, I'd suggest having DR under EPOE just to decrease any chances of weird stuff like normal organs working fine with DR, but synth/bionic organs getting the vanilla insta-death.

Der Failer

Quote from: RadicalIon on July 31, 2017, 09:17:42 AM
Hey, I'm really loving this mod, I just have a strange (maybe) question:

I scoured all of the workbenches, but I can't seem to find anywhere to make auxiliary AIs? Can anybody help me out? I've spent a week trying to scrape by with a solitary pawn, who was buffed as hell for roleplaying reasons and got his adv. bionic arm blown off by an explosive launcher on day 1. Now I have this prisoner I keep around exclusively to put a medical AI in him, have him butcher a few other unlucky passer-by's to grind some skill and install a new arm on my dorf. I'm close to chewing my hat over this.
Auxiliary AIs can only be bought from a pirate merchant or a prostheses trader, there is no way to craft them.

RadicalIon

Aaah, makes sense. I get a trader every 7-9 seasons, though. Time to set out some caravans and hope RNJesus is feeling good today.

PS: The forums should really looking to getting a kudos or reputation system in. I'm pretty sure I've seen other SMF-based communities with such, might even be a readily-available lib/addon.

Prince Kasta

Sorry for the noob question but how do you treat bad back?
I've installed a bionic spine but it didn't get rid of the bad back from that pawn.

HefferX

If bad back is on the Torso slot then I think its the Exoskeleton suit

Question in turn: Is there a way to install a natural/original eye in to a pawn? Another mod adds tactical cornea implant, but I think it can only be added on an existing regular eyeball.

Prince Kasta

Quote from: HefferX on August 07, 2017, 10:14:03 AM
If bad back is on the Torso slot then I think its the Exoskeleton suit

Question in turn: Is there a way to install a natural/original eye in to a pawn? Another mod adds tactical cornea implant, but I think it can only be added on an existing regular eyeball.

Nope, I tried that too. She still has Bad Back.
and yeah it is in the torso slot

Madman666

In one of research project descriptions there's still lines about vancidium. Since its no longer there it probably shouldn't be. It was "Advanced Bionics" project I believe. Not complaining, just reminding if you forgot about that. :)

And removing scars is kinda tough to figure out at first, especially since earlier in this thread were said that synthetic skin doesn't have a purpose. I think it would be nice for it to a have a mention in research project description, that you can cure scars with synthetic skin and glittermeds.

Thanks again for the mod. Its a pure must have.