[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

rawrfisher

Speaking of B19 I think its officially the current stable.
Least thats the impression I got from the devs video
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

MalfunctionM1Ke

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on August 28, 2018, 05:33:36 AM
how will this mod work in b19 now ? less benches ?

More fucked up Prosthetics. Such as Human-Meat-Slug-Arm-Cannon.

Ykara

2.2 - Beta 19 Update!

Quote from: Ykara on November 19, 2017, 04:52:09 PMEnjoy, we'll see us again next year :P

Good evening everybody!
It's been some time, but I'm finally back! I've updated EPOE to Beta 19, which was a little more time consuming than I initially thought. Gotta love Tynan for always finding new ways to mess with the modders (renaming HumanMeat to MeatHuman for example) ^^ I also had to find a solution to the new bionics B19 introduced. I've removed the bionic heart and stomach, but kept the cochlear implant, which you can now craft at the simple prosthethics table. About the Archotech parts... Well, let's just say, Archotech HQ had a terrible work accident involving giant bugs and is now unable to maintain its business.
Oh, and I've scrapped the uranium based energized components in favour of the vanilla advanced components.
That's basically all, I hope you enjoy!

Changes:
*  Updated EPOE to Beta 19
*  Replaced energized components with vanilla advanced components
*  Fixed the option to remove the brain stimulator
*  Added an option to craft cochlear implants
*  Removed the option to fix scars
*  Updated the Spanish translation (thanks to Mike2611!)

DonLuca

Hello, I just installed the mod over a B19 game, where I had some pawns with vanilla limbs (one with an archotech arm and another with bionic one). After loading, I found them with their arms inside their bodies and no neck, as the attachment shows.
Currently Using EPOE 2.21 (9.9.2018), and only Prepare Carefully and Robots++ as far as other mods go.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Diver

Hey, thanks for keeping one of my favorite Mods up to date.

Did you remove the Organ harvesting Part? Because i only got the Vanilla Options. (Heart, Lungs, Kidneys and Liver)
Tested it on Version 2.21 - Hotfix (9.9.2018) with a new Colony and without any other Mods.

UneSaucisse

Hey Ykara,

First I want to thank you for your amazing work, this mod is one of the Must Have Mods I always check for update when a new release of Rimworld is out!

Also, as reported by DonLuca just above, I have a few problems with the latest update of this mod in B19: the organs and general health conditions of my pawns are messed up when I activate this mod in the latest B19. Organs and limbs are swtiched to others, as are scars, bionics and some removed parts, see the attached screenshots.

For pawns without any afflictions: no visible problems, they are all fine.

I hope this will give you some pointer to understand what's the root cause of that!

Cheers  ;)

Madman666

Lol, what a hilarious problem to have. Leave it be! Isn't it just soo cool to have an eye in your heart? :P

Ykara

I have just released version 2.22, which should fix the AI core mental break problem!

Quote from: UneSaucisse on September 10, 2018, 01:42:48 PM
Hey Ykara,

First I want to thank you for your amazing work, this mod is one of the Must Have Mods I always check for update when a new release of Rimworld is out!

Also, as reported by DonLuca just above, I have a few problems with the latest update of this mod in B19: the organs and general health conditions of my pawns are messed up when I activate this mod in the latest B19. Organs and limbs are swtiched to others, as are scars, bionics and some removed parts, see the attached screenshots.

For pawns without any afflictions: no visible problems, they are all fine.

I hope this will give you some pointer to understand what's the root cause of that!

Cheers  ;)
That's because Tynan replaced the individual ribs with a ribcage. EPOE keeps the individual ribs, that's why there problems when using EPOE on existing save games. I highly recommend starting a new colony!

Quote from: Diver on September 10, 2018, 04:18:28 AM
Hey, thanks for keeping one of my favorite Mods up to date.

Did you remove the Organ harvesting Part? Because i only got the Vanilla Options. (Heart, Lungs, Kidneys and Liver)
Tested it on Version 2.21 - Hotfix (9.9.2018) with a new Colony and without any other Mods.
Thanks! You're right, I have removed the some harvesting options in the process of updating the mod. I've readded the option to harvest stomachs in 2.22!

Thanks for your feedback!

Madman666

Oh, so you kept the separate rib system from earlier betas? I guess thats a cool thing to have, though compatibility will suffer somewhat both mod and savegame wise. Also can you enlighten me about archotech parts? Did you remove them?

UneSaucisse

Quote from: Ykara on September 10, 2018, 04:02:50 PM
That's because Tynan replaced the individual ribs with a ribcage. EPOE keeps the individual ribs, that's why there problems when using EPOE on existing save games. I highly recommend starting a new colony!

Thanks!  ;D

UPDATE: I managed to modify my save to include the new definition of body part that was changed when Tyran replaces the ribs into the ribcage! Below is how I did it for the people that wish to modify that too.

After you mentioned that EPOE keeps the individual ribs I had a look in my savefile how pawns were defined with their health state, and compared that to the defs of the human body from Rimworld Core and from your own mod which kept the previous defs.
I have found that EPOE still had the 12 ribs in the place of the ribcage in the definition of the body parts. However, since the order of the body parts defines their indexes number, the other body parts' indexes were also changed from the Core to the one of EPOE as the table below:

Core-EPOE-
IndexBody partBody partIndex
0TorsoTorso0
1RibcageRib 11
2SternumRib 22
3PelvisRib 33
4SpineRib 44
5StomachRib 55
6HeartRib 66
7Left lungRib 77
8Right lungRib 88
9Left kidneyRib 99
10Right kidneyRib 1010
11LiverRib 1111
12NeckRib 1212
13HeadSternum13
14SkullPelvis14
15BrainSpine15
16Left eyeStomach16
17Right eyeHeart17
18Left earLeft lung18
19Right earRight lung19
20NoseLeft kidney20
21JawRight kidney21
22Left shoulderLiver22
23Left clavicleNeck23
24Left armHead24
25Left humerusSkull25
26Left radiusBrain26
27Left handLeft eye27
28left pinkyRight eye28
29Left ring fingerLeft ear29
30Left middle fingerRight ear30
31Left index fingerNose31
32Left thumbJaw32
33Righ shoulderLeft shoulder33
34Right clavicleLeft clavicle34
35Right armLeft arm35
36Right humerusLeft humerus36
37Right radiusLeft radius37
38Right handLeft hand38
39Right pinkyleft pinky39
40Right ring fingerLeft ring finger40
41Right middle fingerLeft middle finger41
42Right index fingerLeft index finger42
43Right thumbLeft thumb43
44WaistRigh shoulder44
45Left legRight clavicle45
46Left femusRight arm46
47Left tibiaRight humerus47
48Left footRight radius48
49Left little toeRight hand49
50Left fourth toeRight pinky50
51Left middle toeRight ring finger51
52Left second toeRight middle finger52
53Left big toeRight index finger53
54Right legRight thumb54
55Right femusWaist55
56Right tibiaLeft leg56
57Right footLeft femus57
58Right little toeLeft tibia58
59Right fourth toeLeft foot59
60Right middle toeLeft little toe60
61Right second toeLeft fourth toe61
62Right big toeLeft middle toe62
63-Left second toe63
64-Left big toe64
65-Right leg65
66-Right femus66
67-Right tibia67
68-Right foot68
69-Right little toe69
70-Right fourth toe70
71-Right middle toe71
72-Right second toe72
73-Right big toe73

So I simply had to find where the wounds of my pawns where defined in the savefile and I translated the body parts' indexes of the injuries/missing parts/scars/bionics from the B19 Core into the previous B18 ones (with all ribs instead of the ribcage)  8)

Save is now working with EPOE enabled and I can enjoy this awesome mod without having to restart my game  ;D

Thanks again Ykara!

Ykara

Wow, you clearly like your colony and EPOE if you go through so much trouble ^^
Thank you, great resource, I'm sure it helps a lot of people!

Quote from: Madman666 on September 10, 2018, 04:29:47 PM
Oh, so you kept the separate rib system from earlier betas? I guess thats a cool thing to have, though compatibility will suffer somewhat both mod and savegame wise. Also can you enlighten me about archotech parts? Did you remove them?
Yes I did, I just like the individual rib implants. I hope you do, too! Compatibility with mods doesn't suffer, because EPOE has always modified the body defs. Only existing save games are problem.
And yes, Archotech parts are gone. They don't fit in the concept of EPOE, because they are too strong and too boring. EPOE has its own Glitterworld parts that are only available through traders.

Madman666

Thanks for clarifying! And yeah, i like having separate ribs back.

xion1088

I haven't played with this version of EPOE yet but I understand you removed or disabled Archotech parts, I have some mods that add more traders to the game and those traders sometimes bring those parts, will they be removed as well? Also it seems you also added that mech blade again.

valentinevierra

Okay potentially difficult suggestion, but does anyone with modding experience here know if it'd be possible to just... Make archotech parts incompatible with the parts from this mod? Like a pawn would be in pain constantly if they had both bionic/adv. bionic and archotech parts installed due to incompatibilities? Because I feel like that'd be a better workaround and balance tweak than just completely removing the archotech parts.

Should be as simple as adding conditional checks and tags on the parts, right?

ahmedakmal282

Hi! first of all this is one of my essential mods for the game, amazing work! i have an issue where when upgrading bionic parts they just disappear and vanish with my adv components :(