[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Cornuthaum

Quote from: vXenonv on September 16, 2015, 02:46:25 PM
For some reason whenever I try and craft Glass Eyes they can't finish. They sit indefinitely at Work Left: 0. Other prosthetic recipes work however.

Happens with all sorts of prosthetics, I've had it happen on the advanced prosthetic workbench too - you basically have to C-cancel the item being crafted, lose 20% of the materials, and then watch as they craft it again (and they might get stuck again). If this happens on a 15-Vancidium item, prepare to lose 3 vancidium a pop.

No idea what causes the issue, though.

Didact04

Quote from: Cornuthaum on September 16, 2015, 03:06:39 PM
For some reason whenever I try and craft Glass Eyes they can't finish. They sit indefinitely at Work Left: 0. Other prosthetic recipes work however.

Happens with all sorts of prosthetics, I've had it happen on the advanced prosthetic workbench too - you basically have to C-cancel the item being crafted, lose 20% of the materials, and then watch as they craft it again (and they might get stuck again). If this happens on a 15-Vancidium item, prepare to lose 3 vancidium a pop.

Confirmed. I just delete the items left over and cheat in the finished product. Basically identical, yeah? Still annoying but it's easily worked around.

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Didact04 on September 16, 2015, 03:33:46 PM
Quote from: Cornuthaum on September 16, 2015, 03:06:39 PM

Damn, that must suck, never had it happen to me yet tho :O

Confirmed. I just delete the items left over and cheat in the finished product. Basically identical, yeah? Still annoying but it's easily worked around.

Beathrus

Sorry to be a bother, but MediaFire doesn't work well for me, for some reason; Can I get a different download link? Dropbox maybe? Please?

Didact04

I'm on the fence about surrogate organs. On the one hand, I do like being able to just stick them into people, but at the same time, by the time I get access to plasteel I'm either utterly strapped for resources right after or I'm already far enough into the game that I don't need it quite as much. My colonists are more likely to just die than lose organs anyway.

Is it necessary for these cheap-o ineffective organs to cost one of the most expensive resources in the game? It almost seems more worth it to have colonists go without.

The only time it's feasible to have the plasteel price is when you're running an organ farm and you can just stick one in people to get the parts that would otherwise kill them to remove. Then you can just write the plasteel off as a business expense that you can actually afford. But most of the time you aren't running an organ farm, y'know?  Doesn't seem very practical.

Ykara

Quote from: Beathrus on September 17, 2015, 12:21:15 PM
Sorry to be a bother, but MediaFire doesn't work well for me, for some reason; Can I get a different download link? Dropbox maybe? Please?
That's strange, you're not the only one with this problem. The download link works fine for me, but look two pages back, there are some additional links.

Beathrus

Quote from: Ykara on September 18, 2015, 02:19:45 PM
Quote from: Beathrus on September 17, 2015, 12:21:15 PM
That's strange, you're not the only one with this problem. The download link works fine for me, but look two pages back, there are some additional links.

Its on my end, I can't get anything from Mediafire over like, 1 or 2Mb. Its my net, its Satellite and bad. And thank you! I'll look back for those links. :3

Entropy147

Suggestion: I know this was in superior crafting, but that probably won't be updated, could you please do some advanced prosthetics for prosthophobes (not bionics but can be made in the bionics workbench or new workbench)?

Beathrus

Quote from: Sentry on September 18, 2015, 03:34:40 PM
Suggestion: I know this was in superior crafting, but that probably won't be updated, could you please do some advanced prosthetics for prosthophobes (not bionics but can be made in the bionics workbench or new workbench)?

Actually, Dismar is helping get it updated I think. :/ He already updated it for A12 in a modpack he is working on. So he handed it off to whoever is updating Superior Crafting. So hopefully it'll be updated soon!

Flamingdodo

Just a quick question, so since AI chips don't replace the brain now is it correct that they should still not be on top form after taking brain damage and then installing one? I have a lot of mods installed so wasn't sure if it was a bug or something.

Ykara

Quote from: Sentry on September 18, 2015, 03:34:40 PM
I could do that, but I don't think it would fit the game's atmosphere. If a colonist is a prosthophobe you still have the option to install natural parts, surrogate organs and simple prostheses. I'd like to keep the mod as vanilla near as possible ^^

Quote from: Flamingdodo on September 18, 2015, 03:53:29 PM
Just a quick question, so since AI chips don't replace the brain now is it correct that they should still not be on top form after taking brain damage and then installing one? I have a lot of mods installed so wasn't sure if it was a bug or something.
Yes, unfortunately that's the case with implants. I'm already working on a solution to fix this problem.

userfredle

Hi used this mod a couple of alphas ago and loved it, but the bionics were super cheap I had to build 2 just to make it seem like I wasn't totally cheating the game, but that does increase my overall wealth when I don't want it to, so did the mod eventually get a higher tax to create items?

A_Soft_Machine_Man

A bit of an aside, but have you ever seen a colonist with full advanced bionics (arms, legs, spine, the whole bit) as well as an AI chip in their brain?

It's downright silly, they basically teleport everywhere and complete tasks in seconds.

And that's why I love this mod, it lets you bring on the Singularity on a backwater hellhole planet. Now if only I could find a way to get those filthy tribal savages to bow down to their glorious gods of flesh and plasteel. 

mjsmitty

I'm having the same problem as the other people where i can't install only harvest.

TheRedOne

Quote from: mjsmitty on September 20, 2015, 11:29:55 PM
I'm having the same problem as the other people where i can't install only harvest.

I had the problem too, but I fixed it by loading EPOE after all my other mods. I guess one of my other mods also messed with operations, so loading it last makes sure this mod's changes apply