[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Adamiks

"Doesn't sound too good, but hey, you can't do anything against it because it's the only version that works with Alpha 13! Muhahahaha!"

Objection! XML modding is one of the easiest! :D

Kraehe

Ykara

Quote from: Adamiks on April 10, 2016, 12:41:25 PM
"Doesn't sound too good, but hey, you can't do anything against it because it's the only version that works with Alpha 13! Muhahahaha!"

Objection! Changing every value in 12 seperate files will at least cost you enough time to make it annoying as hell!

Nattiejim

Hello there.
First of all, I'd just like to say that this has been an essential mod for me for a while. Thank you for updating it.

Second of all, I don't know if I'm missing something, but the first thing I did was test out the brain stimulator. However, when I opened the Operations tab, no option to install the stimulator appeared - however, all other options were present.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Hello there! | Creator of the Balancing Act mod

Ykara

Quote from: Nattiejim on April 10, 2016, 12:59:31 PM
Hello there.
First of all, I'd just like to say that this has been an essential mod for me for a while. Thank you for updating it.

Second of all, I don't know if I'm missing something, but the first thing I did was test out the brain stimulator. However, when I opened the Operations tab, no option to install the stimulator appeared - however, all other options were present.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!
There's a new research project in v1.6 that you need to do before doing brain surgery. It's pretty late game, because brain injuries were as harmless as a lost toe in previous versions, and that was not the point. I've made this change to make these injuries a tragedy, not an inconvenience.

Nattiejim

Ah, thank you for the information!

I'll make sure to get the research project started soon.
Hello there! | Creator of the Balancing Act mod

Kraehe

What about some kind of low tech brain surgery. So that the colonist can make simple work like hauling or cleaning but nothing other? So that he is  dead but some simple AI controlls his body to help the other colonists (with some mood debuff for all other colonists).

sadpickle

This was my favorite mod in A12 and I'm glad to see it updated. I'm going to roll a new colony so I can start immediately playing this, but for reference, does it work with existing colonies? I'm fairly certain it doesn't, just checking in.

Adamiks

Quote from: Ykara on April 10, 2016, 12:53:48 PM

Objection! Changing every value in 12 seperate files will at least cost you enough time to make it annoying as hell!

Objection! I did that many times before to balance out stuff i didnt like (or to add something etc)! Ohh, good old times when i was wasting my life on creating modpacks for Rimworld so game wasnt boring (just-for-me modpacks though, its a lot of hard work to release mods or modpacks, and im too lazy for that :D)

Quote from: sadpickle on April 10, 2016, 01:27:19 PM
This was my favorite mod in A12 and I'm glad to see it updated. I'm going to roll a new colony so I can start immediately playing this, but for reference, does it work with existing colonies? I'm fairly certain it doesn't, just checking in.

You dont need to make a new colony, like with a lot of other mods.

Ykara

Quote from: Kraehe on April 10, 2016, 01:12:42 PM
What about some kind of low tech brain surgery. So that the colonist can make simple work like hauling or cleaning but nothing other? So that he is  dead but some simple AI controlls his body to help the other colonists (with some mood debuff for all other colonists).
Although I like the idea, that would mean a huge pile of work for just one new part. I think that it's good how it is. I'm not a fan of permanently crippled colonists beause of a spear through the head, but at the same time I think that it's necessary for some events to have an impact on the colony. Late game research is a reasonably compromise imho.

Quote from: sadpickle on April 10, 2016, 01:27:19 PM
Like Adamiks said, this mod works without creating a new colony!

Quote from: Adamiks on April 10, 2016, 01:29:54 PM
Quote from: Ykara on April 10, 2016, 12:53:48 PM

Objection! I did that many times before to balance out stuff i didnt like (or to add something etc)!
Okay okay, let's just say that it would be pretty time expensive to do so ;D

P.S.: I've started a new poll, thanks for all the votes on the previous poll! This time it's about the pacing of the new update!

Mitsuma

Quick question, does the mod require a fresh colony or will it work with an existing save?

Ykara

Quote from: Mitsuma on April 10, 2016, 03:52:38 PM
Quick question, does the mod require a fresh colony or will it work with an existing save?
It works fine with an existing one.

toric

I've been testing rimsinal, and it looks like there is no longer any bugs with attaching a massive number of recipes to one table. maybe its time to consolidate the workbenches a bit?

Rampart

noticed a problem if used on an existing save, if your pawns have an existing state like hypothermia it doesn't seem to clear. I'll get my ice sheet cannibals warmed up and try the mod again to see if it reoccurs :D

Edit: warmed them up while sleeping, and after loading the mod none of them seem to get hypothermia standing naked at -142 F.

prosaa

So how do I get advanced components? Only through trading?