[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Ksajimato

Quote from: Ykara on February 27, 2015, 10:22:03 AM
Oh, I found the problem. I uploaded the wrong version, I'm really sorry. Just download it again from the same link and it should work.

Strange, redownloaded, replaced files in three mods, and still don't work :(

Ykara

Do you have any other mods installed that could interfere with one of the three? Because I don't have this problem and I'm pretty confused right now, because I don't find anything that could cause such issues.

Ksajimato

Quote from: Ykara on February 27, 2015, 10:45:17 AM
Do you have any other mods installed that could interfere with one of the three? Because I don't have this problem and I'm pretty confused right now, because I don't find anything that could cause such issues.

Enabled just this 3 mods, and of course Core.

Ykara

Maybe there's an incompatibility between the PI and CS, I'll have a look, maybe I can reproduce your bug.

Ksajimato

Quote from: Ykara on February 27, 2015, 11:35:18 AM
Maybe there's an incompatibility between the PI and CS, I'll have a look, maybe I can reproduce your bug.
nah, without any patches, game lauches normally, and i played with PI and CS together :)

Otterlover5

I cant install a wooden foot after my colonist got bitten by a zombie on the foot using the zombie apocalypse! Plz fix or tell me how to

Ykara

Quote from: Ksajimato on February 27, 2015, 12:16:55 PM
Quote from: Ykara on February 27, 2015, 11:35:18 AM
nah, without any patches, game lauches normally, and i played with PI and CS together :)
Yes, when you activate the PI mod before the others it works fine, but PI does make changes to the Races_Humanoid, so I don't know how well it works. I'm gonna work on it, I've deactivated the option to download the fix till I've found the problem.

Quote from: Otterlover5 on February 27, 2015, 12:57:28 PM
I cant install a wooden foot after my colonist got bitten by a zombie on the foot using the zombie apocalypse! Plz fix or tell me how to
Well, I don't know about that problem, do you have the fix installed? If you have, everything should work fine. If not there's a problem with the Zombie mod, just ask there. I haven't tested the Zombie mod long enough to know how it works, maybe the mod doesn't want you to install prostheses on infected body parts.

Dr. Z

If I wanted to make a fix for zombie apocalypse and prison improvements I would only need to add this:

<comps>
  <li>
    <compClass>PrisonImprovements.CompSlavers</compClass>
  </li>
</comps>

to the zombie fix and place this in the folder of PI and EPOE whilst the races_zombies in the zombie folder right?

Edit: Actually, shouldn't the EPOE files be left unchanged and the other mods get the extended xml's?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Ykara

Quote from: Dr. Z on February 27, 2015, 04:51:55 PM
If I wanted to make a fix for zombie apocalypse and prison improvements I would only need to add this:

<comps>
  <li>
    <compClass>PrisonImprovements.CompSlavers</compClass>
  </li>
</comps>

to the zombie fix and place this in the folder of PI and EPOE whilst the races_zombies in the zombie folder right?

Edit: Actually, shouldn't the EPOE files be left unchanged and the other mods get the extended xml's?
Well, it's about the mod order. And if you don't know how this works it's the most effective way just to change every file.
And for the PI mod, i don't really know what to do. There are some changes made to the Races_Humanoid I don't understand but seem to do nothing. Just activating EPOE after PI fixes compatibility issues and that's really strange, I think I'm gonna ask Wastelander about this.

Ykara

Update 1.1 - Medical Ribs and Traders!

Hey guys, I've just finished a big new update with some new content and many tweaks and fixes.
You can now craft and install medical rib implants, that boost your immune system!
I've also added two new traders: The prostheses trader and the textiles trader! The textiles trader sells apparel, textiles and hyperweave! It makes crafting synthetic organs much easier, because now hyperweave isn't as rare as it was before.
And the last big new feature is, that vancidium is now stuff! It's extremely durable, vancidium doors open incredibly fast and the colour looks nice, too. You can even craft deadly swords or knives with it!
You can download the update directly from here or from the original post! - Outdated, downlaod the latest version from the original post!
Have fun!

Changes:
*  Added medical ribs that improve the users immune system!
*  Vancidium is now stuff! Build things with this incredibly durable material!
*  Gave every rib a specific name (first rib, second rib...)
*  Added prostheses trader!
*  Added textiles trader!
*  Surgeries now give XP!
*  Gave every recipe a fitting sound (e.g. woodworking for making a peg leg)
*  Tweaked the work amount of all surgeries
*  Added some extras to all workbench defs
*  All prostheses now have their own trade tag (that means you can't buy them from exotic good traders anymore)
*  The power arm, the advanced power arm and the avanced bionic arm are now fixed on the shoulder, too
*  Lowered the skill requierements for crafting surrogate organs to 7
*  Raised the amount of vancidium requiered for upgrading the bionic spine to 15
*  Changed the defname of the simple prosthetic research
*  Removed a texture for simple prostheses
*  Polished and structured some of the defs

Boboid

I always cringe a little every time I see a modder adding their own traders.
Getting a Bulk Goods trader is already a bit like getting coal for christmas.

Personally I might just hack the hyperweave recipe out of cybernetic storm and paste it into one of your workbenches to solve the hyperweave problem :P

Nice to see rib replacements though, now we just need a sensible way to heal torsos and heads of "scars"
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Ykara

Quote from: Boboid on February 28, 2015, 10:11:01 AM
I always cringe a little every time I see a modder adding their own traders.
Getting a Bulk Goods trader is already a bit like getting coal for christmas.

Personally I might just hack the hyperweave recipe out of cybernetic storm and paste it into one of your workbenches to solve the hyperweave problem :P

Nice to see rib replacements though, now we just need a sensible way to heal torsos and heads of "scars"
What's so bad about new traders? Do you think they're unbalanced?
And I fear there won't be bionic torsos, because if you replace a torso everthing is replaced and you can't install or remove body parts. So your colonist is just a torso.

I've uploaded new versions of the compatibility fixes, just redownload them from the old links.

stalker6625

Hey little tribe, leeeet's come and plaaay

Ganimedes

And I fear there won't be bionic torsos, because if you replace a torso everthing is replaced and you can't install or remove body parts. So your colonist is just a torso.

i bought an exoskeleton suit from a trader and installed in my favorite colonist (a bionic badass) and all his bionic parts were removed!! :P
stupid torsoman you are usseless to me now!!

Ykara

Quote from: Ganimedes on February 28, 2015, 02:10:02 PM
i bought an exoskeleton suit from a trader and installed in my favorite colonist (a bionic badass) and all his bionic parts were removed!! :P
stupid torsoman you are usseless to me now!!
Oops, you weren't supposed to buy the exoskeleton suits ^^ I've just tested them but they didn't work the way they were supposed to do, so I removed the possibility to craft them. But it seems like I forgot to remove the possibility to buy them. I'm sorry, please don't buy the suits ^^ Maybe I'll release a fix.