[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Boboid

Quote from: Ykara on February 28, 2015, 10:51:24 AM

What's so bad about new traders? Do you think they're unbalanced?

Nah it's typically not a question of balance, it's mostly that when you add traders you dilute the pre-existing trader pool. Unless the traders in question will buy similar goods to vanilla traders you're more likely to build up a significant store of goods for sale and be unable to sell them because you've rolled the wrong traders.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

lude

Heya, a really nice mod, already fond of it and like to use it together with a lot of other mods.

So here is a half assed compability fix for Cybernetic Storm + Slavers (Prison Improvement) + ZombieApocalypse (only one that doesn't seem to work for me yet, probably because of it never being caused) GlitterTech (my advice to using glitter tech with all above is reducing all part efficiency of 2 to between 1.05 and 1.15 and all offsets from 1 to 0.1 and halving/quartering the speed suit and  renaming some parts/labels) and it has a merged version of the bodies.xml from EPOE and genetically engineered creatures)

anyway on my end it works and doesn't crash things just that i never saw any zombies yetbut I'm also using ~100 mods that might break the event/storyteller things haven't gone to have a look yet :3

anyway thanks for the update! ^^ i had the colorful death experience only on reload tho with 1.1

-- edit --
there is an open bracket at line 1941, wherefor some reason it expects </bodydefs> but the </bodydef> should be there and mysyntax highlighting shows me that first bodydefs is closed by /bodydefs

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ykara

Quote from: lude on March 01, 2015, 09:29:34 AM
Heya, a really nice mod, already fond of it and like to use it together with a lot of other mods.

So here is a half assed compability fix for Cybernetic Storm + Slavers (Prison Improvement) + ZombieApocalypse (only one that doesn't seem to work for me yet, probably because of it never being caused) GlitterTech (my advice to using glitter tech with all above is reducing all part efficiency of 2 to between 1.05 and 1.15 and all offsets from 1 to 0.1 and halving/quartering the speed suit and  renaming some parts/labels) and it has a merged version of the bodies.xml from EPOE and genetically engineered creatures)

anyway on my end it works and doesn't crash things just that i never saw any zombies yetbut I'm also using ~100 mods that might break the event/storyteller things haven't gone to have a look yet :3

anyway thanks for the update! ^^ i had the colorful death experience only on reload tho with 1.1
You fix looks good, but Prison Improvements doesn't modify the Races_Humanoid anymore. If anyone could test this fix and confirm that it works I'll put a link to it on the original post.
And I really don't know why some people have the colorful screen of death and some don't. Does 1.1 work for you on your old colony?

lude

Will be trying now,
and I think the colorful death happens because certain items can't be drawn anymore, usually the culprit is some mod overwriting some other in a bad way, I especially often have that when I change mod orders (especially shifting too many mods at once ~20 upwards)

so it might be very mod dependant and what loadorder they had

Oh, just looked at PrisonImprov and you're right, so it's basically just Slavers compability now.

p.s. couldn't loadm y old colony, no colorful death, I think it has nothing to do with your mod tho.

Ykara

Hi guys, I just wanted to say that I've added a poll to this post. Feel free to vote and suggest, I'd love to make some updates with the features you want the most!

Boboid

Where's the " Complex production chains in Rimworld are like Chinese water torture " vote option?

Rimworld has no inbuilt " Construct the materials required to make this object " mechanic so each step has to be done manually, it adds up to be a massive ball ache that maximizes interface time and obfuscates the actual cost of the end product by hiding it behind various steps. It's a real nightmare.

Every time I see someone say "I don't like making complex items out of basic materials, more complex stuff would be cooler "  I can't help but think " Yes for about 20 minutes until you realize how fiddly the process now is "

You shouldn't need to memorize or write down what the crafting ratios of the ingredients are in order to work out the cost of the end result in raw materials, that's insane.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Ganimedes

i would like to see more stuff like maybe a hidraulic jaw that enhances eating but reduces talking. or maybe legs with built in weels to move super fast. is it posible to create some kind of chip that gives you morale bonus? like a drug dispenser inside a rib, or something :P

AllenWL

Mostly like it, but I don't think we should be able to craft all the prosthetics and such.
I think the really high-tech stuff should only be obtainable by trading with traders. I mean, you did just crash-land on a desolate rimworld with nothing but clothing and a few odds and ends.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Ykara

Quote from: Ganimedes on March 02, 2015, 10:40:06 PM
i would like to see more stuff like maybe a hidraulic jaw that enhances eating but reduces talking. or maybe legs with built in weels to move super fast. is it posible to create some kind of chip that gives you morale bonus? like a drug dispenser inside a rib, or something :P
Great ideas, I'll absolutely implement some of them in the next update. I especially like the the drug ribs, that sounds really great.

And I'm not sure about the more complex production chain. It wouldn't be super complex, maybe I'll add the possibility to craft circuits at the machining table that you need for building bionics, so it wouldn't be that hard to remember. But I'll think about it and wait till there are more votes.

And I'm not going to make some already existing prostheses only obtainable by trading, but maybe I'll think about adding some really advanced stuff you can't craft but only buy.
Keep up suggesting and posting feedback, I really appreciate that ^^

LordAssault

If it is possible to add parts that are not presented in vanilla...
Maybe spleen with bonus metabolism.
Veins with blood pumping and\or filtration, temperature bonuses.
Arteries with blood pumping and\or bonuses to working, walking, manipulating.
Bronchi with breathing.
Lymph nodes with metabolism.
Trachea with bonus breathing and neck def.
Maybe second heart with same bonuses and ability to lose 1 heart without lethal outcome. (saw that in MGS2, ufo defence and some movies :D)
Vestibular apparatus with moving, manipulation and\or working.
Luminescent hair :D
Artificial blood with bonuses to metabolism, blood pumping, filtration, manipulating, working, hearing, sight. If possible, change blood color to white for example for colonists with that upgrade.
Eyes with night vision to negate shooting penalty during nights.
Vancidium skeleton. Hello to Wolverine :D
Maybe some chips with bonuses to anything with a limited amount of 5 for example. :/

P.S. sorry for my poor english, it's not my native language =P

Ykara

Some nice ideas, but I'm afraid I can't implement many of them because it's too hard or impossible. There is already a thing like a vancidium skeleton, the advanced bionic spine. When combined with the power arm you have your very own Woverine ^^
The second heart is a really cool idea, I'll see what I can do to make this happen.

Ganimedes

Quote from: Ykara on March 03, 2015, 11:01:51 AM
Quote from: Ganimedes on March 02, 2015, 10:40:06 PM
Great ideas, I'll absolutely implement some of them in the next update. I especially like the the drug ribs, that sounds really great.

And I'm not sure about the more complex production chain. It wouldn't be super complex, maybe I'll add the possibility to craft circuits at the machining table that you need for building bionics, so it wouldn't be that hard to remember. But I'll think about it and wait till there are more votes.

And I'm not going to make some already existing prostheses only obtainable by trading, but maybe I'll think about adding some really advanced stuff you can't craft but only buy.
Keep up suggesting and posting feedback, I really appreciate that ^^
glad you like the ideas
also i was thinking in some kind of power arm but instead of using the power claw to make it you use a scyther protrusion and get something like a scyter bionic arm. that would be cool! oh and rocket shoulders!! but that seems kind of imposible....

CodyRex123

Doing some tests, not sure yet, but i think this mod and Cybernetic storm removes being able to attach limbs to other pawns...
I'll get back once i know.
Dragons!

Pride

Do you think you would be able to make body parts that are not basic like wings that allow one to defy ground movement modifiers or a special skin that once every day or two them receive automatic treatment and the quality of the treatment is dependent on the skill of the one who implanted the skin