[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Ykara

Quote from: CodyRex123 on March 03, 2015, 08:17:07 PM
Doing some tests, not sure yet, but i think this mod and Cybernetic storm removes being able to attach limbs to other pawns...
I'll get back once i know.
Do you have the fix installed?

Quote from: Pride on March 04, 2015, 12:18:51 AM
Do you think you would be able to make body parts that are not basic like wings that allow one to defy ground movement modifiers or a special skin that once every day or two them receive automatic treatment and the quality of the treatment is dependent on the skill of the one who implanted the skin
Well, that's very difficult, I'm afraid it's not possible. I could implement wings, but this mod is vanilla friendly and I don't think that wings are vanilla friendly ^^

LordAssault

I've done some tests recently and noticed, that if i load your mod after Cybernetic storm, than i get CSoD on load, if vice versa it's ok.
Fix installed, btw it has line  <li>InstallExoskeletonSuit</li> which i commented out. I guess, i don't need it. Is this fix up to date? :/
And console still generating some stuff related to Exoskeleton suit.

Ykara

Yep, that's because the Exoskeleton Suit was removed. But since the console errors are completely harmless I haven't updated the fixes.

CodyRex123

Alright, so its fixed, i think that it was indeed the mod order.
Dragons!

rEvolutionTU

Hey there, I've been wondering whether it's possible to have EPOE, CS and Zombie Apocalypse in one game without conflicting. From looking at the Races_Humanoid.xml you provided in your fixes it seems possible but I'm not entirely sure.

If it is, would it be possible for you without too much work to upload a fix to accomplish this? It would be really damn awesome if you could look into that. =)

Cheers!

e: Or I could learn how to read, checking the fix suggested on page 9 now, will report back. =)

e2: Nope, can't even get a EPOE+Zombies or EPOE+CS with no other mods to work with that fix. Hmmm....

Ykara

Quote from: rEvolutionTU on March 05, 2015, 09:00:03 AM
Hey there, I've been wondering whether it's possible to have EPOE, CS and Zombie Apocalypse in one game without conflicting. From looking at the Races_Humanoid.xml you provided in your fixes it seems possible but I'm not entirely sure.

If it is, would it be possible for you without too much work to upload a fix to accomplish this? It would be really damn awesome if you could look into that. =)

Cheers!

e: Or I could learn how to read, checking the fix suggested on page 9 now, will report back. =)

e2: Nope, can't even get a EPOE+Zombies or EPOE+CS with no other mods to work with that fix. Hmmm....
What exactly doesn't work? Is there a colorful screen of death or can't you install any bodyparts? Or something else?

Humort

Perhaps I am one, but I would like to have a similar fashion, which would not have such a lot of difficulties. I would just separate mod that would have added the possibility to remove some body parts, just dead enemies... for example, during game hours for the standard bodies, and during the day, for prostheses. I just don't like when my screen, a whole heap of unnecessary buttons.
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

rEvolutionTU

Quote from: Ykara on March 05, 2015, 10:06:41 AM
Quote from: rEvolutionTU on March 05, 2015, 09:00:03 AM

Cheers!

What exactly doesn't work? Is there a colorful screen of death or can't you install any bodyparts? Or something else?
Once you activate the mods the game shows a blank startup screen (without menus like options/mods/etc.), when trying to restart the game it dies on startup. I had to delete/edit the ModsConfig.xml to get it back into working condition.

Ganimedes

so.. i was thinking in some kind of bomb you could put inside your colonist so when they die they take everybody with them. like a bomb heart or something. i don't know if it is posible but would be cool to use it in melee guys. specially if you just want to get rid of the dude because of his bad traits  ;D

Ykara

Quote from: Humort on March 05, 2015, 01:26:30 PM
Perhaps I am one, but I would like to have a similar fashion, which would not have such a lot of difficulties. I would just separate mod that would have added the possibility to remove some body parts, just dead enemies... for example, during game hours for the standard bodies, and during the day, for prostheses. I just don't like when my screen, a whole heap of unnecessary buttons.
If you want an option to harvest bodyparts from corpses, I fear it's not possible anymore in alpha 9.

Quote from: rEvolutionTU on March 05, 2015, 02:06:12 PM
Once you activate the mods the game shows a blank startup screen (without menus like options/mods/etc.), when trying to restart the game it dies on startup. I had to delete/edit the ModsConfig.xml to get it back into working condition.
Well, that's interesting. Have you created a new colony? If not try that, this might help. It could be that the BodyPart def causes your problem, I'll take a look.

Quote from: Ganimedes on March 05, 2015, 02:54:20 PM
so.. i was thinking in some kind of bomb you could put inside your colonist so when they die they take everybody with them. like a bomb heart or something. i don't know if it is posible but would be cool to use it in melee guys. specially if you just want to get rid of the dude because of his bad traits  ;D
Cool idea! But I don't know if it's possible, I'll take a look at boomrats, maybe exploding is possible for humans, too ^^

PilotBhav04

How about a hand canon upgrade hand like the one Mega Man has. If no one knows who that is here is a image or you can just youtube it.

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_(character)

kakabar

Hi there, great mod and I like how it's shaping up, but bit of a problem here. This could totally be me and I fully accept that :P. I crafted both a bionic spine and medical rib, but there is no option to install either.

I am running CS with the fix if that matters any. Also the game I tried to install the rib on was an existing game I put your mod into. This game (the spine game) the pawn doesn't have a spine injury and I was just toying around with it, if that matters.

Thanks ahead of time.

Ykara

Quote from: PilotBhav04 on March 05, 2015, 03:10:09 PM
How about a hand canon upgrade hand like the one Mega Man has. If no one knows who that is here is a image or you can just youtube it.

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_(character)
I've been messing around with a cannon arm for quite a long time, but there seems to be no way to get it working. It's a really cool idea (and I really like Mega Man) but I don't know if it's possible to get the arm working. Anyway, I'll keep trying, maybe I'll figure it out. But in alpha 10 there seems to be a huge conversion of the HediffDef system, so maybe it's possible in a few weeks. The alpha 10 version of this mod is gonna be awesome, there are so many new things possible in alpha 10!

Quote from: kakabar on March 05, 2015, 04:15:33 PM
Hi there, great mod and I like how it's shaping up, but bit of a problem here. This could totally be me and I fully accept that :P. I crafted both a Bionic spine and medical rib, but there is no option to install either.

I am running CS with the fix if that matters any. Also the game I tried to install the rib on was an existing game I put your mod into. This game (the spine game) the pawn doesn't have a spine injury and I was just toying around with it, if that matters.

Thanks ahead of time.
I don't know why you can't install the spine, but the rib could be the CS mod. Change the mod order so that the game loads my mod after the CS mod and you can install your ribs (or you get a colorful screen of death, when that occurs just change the mod order again). Tell me what happened, good luck!

kakabar

That totally fixed it, the install options are there now. I honestly expected a CSoD. It mangled my poor colonists who already had bionics (Arm attached to your wrist anyone?) but I can patch them all up.

Thanks!

rEvolutionTU

Quote from: rEvolutionTU on March 05, 2015, 02:06:12 PM
Well, that's interesting. Have you created a new colony? If not try that, this might help. It could be that the BodyPart def causes your problem, I'll take a look.
New Colony would be hard because as I said, the game itself doesn't start anymore. =P

Thanks for taking some time on this, I assume it's just some stupid c&p error or mistype somewhere in that def. ;;