[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Ykara

Quote from: Dragoon on March 11, 2015, 01:36:33 PM
Why do simple prosthetic limbs require plasteel?
That's because of balancing reasons. When you'd just need steel, it wouldn't make sense to build basic prostheses at all. Simple prostheses are for midgame, like plasteel.
I've tested the mod on three colonies and didn't have many problems with that. But I think I'll rebalance the simple prostheses in update 1.2, because they're about as expensive as bionics but much worse.

Ganimedes

could you create some kind of "genetically engineered" limbs and organs to use in colonist with the prostophobe trait? they would be better then regular organs and limbs but worse than bionics. and they wouldnt give you the "this is not natural!!" debuff

Dragoon

Quote from: Ykara on March 11, 2015, 04:12:29 PM
That's because of balancing reasons. When you'd just need steel, it wouldn't make sense to build basic prostheses at all. Simple prostheses are for midgame, like plasteel.
I've tested the mod on three colonies and didn't have many problems with that. But I think I'll rebalance the simple prostheses in update 1.2, because they're about as expensive as bionics but much worse.

Well could you make wooden arms then (Because I need at least a tier 1 or 0 arm) ?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Ykara

I'll think about it, maybe I'll add a very bad wooden arm with just 20% efficiency to the basic prosthetics table.

Ykara

Update 1.2 - Your wishes! (bad back fixing, scar fixing and many new parts!)

Hey guys, I've just finished a big new update with tons of new content, tweaks and fixes!
You can now patch scars and fix bad backs! Isn't that awesome? Big thanks to UMK for the code!
I've also implemented as many of your suggestions as I could: I've added a steel arm, a hydraulic jaw, and drugged rib replacements!
There also is new research project: Rib replacements! Now you have to do some extra research before crafting medical or drugged ribs!
Of course there are also many minor features in this update, like colorful labels for prostheses! Blue is boring, now you have a unique color for every prostheses type! I've also made the basic prosthetic bench and the synthetics bench smaller, so you don't have to waste so much space anymore!
And last but not least: The silent jaw now causes negative thoughts, so make sure you install some drugged ribs to make them happy again!
You can download the update directly from here or from the original post!
Have fun!

Compatibility notes:
This update works fine with existing colonies (if 1.11 worked). You just have to manually relocate bad backs, using the operation "Diagnose bad back". New raiders, visitors or colonists spawn with bad back on the spine.

Changes:
*  Heal scars using synthetic skin! (big thanks to UMK!)
*  Bad back now affects the spine, so it's treatable now! (big thanks to UMK again!)
*  Added drug rib - gives a permanent mood boost when installed (except for prosthophobes)
*  Added a steel arm - craftale at the basic prosthetic workbench.
*  Added hydraulic jaw - increases eating but decreases talking
*  Silent jaw now gives -15 mood (except for psychopaths)
*  Gave every prostheses type a unique label color
*  Retextured and shrinked the synthetics workbench (2x1)
*  Made the basic prosthetics workbench smaller (2x1)
*  Made rib replacements an extra research project
*  Added compatibility for the RW Launcher!
*  Increased the market value of all natural parts
*  Lowered the market value of the medical rib
*  Made vancidium much more beautiful
*  Synthetic stomachs now actually increase eating instead of doing nothing
*  Increased the research cost of advanced and simple prostheses.
*  Changed the name of some job strings
*  Renamed artificial heart to synthetic heart
*  Tweaked the description of the wooden foot.
*  Structured and polished some more defs

silentlord

hi.

good news about the update, and some great new features.

does the update break compatibility with zombies mod? just re-install the fixes etc...

Ykara

The fixes are already updated, so you can start trashing zombies with your power arm right now!

UMK

Could you please replace

<passability>Impassable</passability>

with
    <altitudeLayer>Waist</altitudeLayer>
    <passability>PassThroughOnly</passability>
    <pathCost>70</pathCost>

for buildings like it is done in vanilla? At the moment all mod tables are airtight. They are technically pieces of wall.

Ykara

Quote from: UMK on March 14, 2015, 03:22:41 PM
Could you please replace

<passability>Impassable</passability>

with
    <altitudeLayer>Waist</altitudeLayer>
    <passability>PassThroughOnly</passability>
    <pathCost>70</pathCost>

for buildings like it is done in vanilla? At the moment all mod tables are airtight. They are technically pieces of wall.
Ok, it will be in the next update. It doesn't bother me at all that the benches are impassable, but since vanilla benches are passable, my benches gonna be, too. Thanks for pointing that out ^^

Latta

While translating, I found that this mod still has "ScytherKnifeProtrusion" in Items_BodyPartsBionic, Which has been replaced by "ScytherBlade" in vanilla since A9.
I don't think it's intentional, is it?
Also, that one doesn't have <tradeability>Sellable</tradeability> so traders can carry the knife with them, but it doesn't look good. What kind of traders carry disassembled mechanoid body parts?

UMK

Speaking of scyther blade. Maybe it'll be good to have ability to downgrade it to power claw or to use blade in power arm recipe as replacement for claw. Power claws are so rare.

Boboid

Wouldn't be a downgrade - Scyther Blades suck arse.

Would be nice to be able to use them to create power claws or as a replacement for claws in Power Arms though.

You can go years without seeing a power claw. Although that said you can go equally as long without seeing a scyther blade, they're not particularly common either.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Latta

Oh, another thing. I just tested this.
Found that SyntheticKidney is doing nothing for developing immunity despite of having efficiency of 1.2 . In my opinion, it's better to use offset of BloodFiltration by 0.2 instead.
I guess it will also apply to lungs(breathing), liver(metabolism) and heart(pumping)

EDIT: Setting offset of 0.2 made my pawn's stat 124% instead of 120%. Maybe it's because there is a maximum stat?

Ykara

Quote from: Latta on March 15, 2015, 01:03:52 AM
While translating, I found that this mod still has "ScytherKnifeProtrusion" in Items_BodyPartsBionic, Which has been replaced by "ScytherBlade" in vanilla since A9.
I don't think it's intentional, is it?
Also, that one doesn't have <tradeability>Sellable</tradeability> so traders can carry the knife with them, but it doesn't look good. What kind of traders carry disassembled mechanoid body parts?
Oh, I guess I'll have to change that. It doesn't affect the gameplay, I just wanted to make the scyther blade tradeble, but apparently I haven't updated it for alpha 9. Thanks for reporting!

Quote from: UMK on March 15, 2015, 04:05:33 AM
Speaking of scyther blade. Maybe it'll be good to have ability to downgrade it to power claw or to use blade in power arm recipe as replacement for claw. Power claws are so rare.
Ok, I'll add the possibility to upgrade scyther blades to power claws. You're right, they're damn hard to get.

Quote from: Latta on March 15, 2015, 05:14:16 AM
Oh, another thing. I just tested this.
Found that SyntheticKidney is doing nothing for developing immunity despite of having efficiency of 1.2 . In my opinion, it's better to use offset of BloodFiltration by 0.2 instead.
I guess it will also apply to lungs(breathing), liver(metabolism) and heart(pumping)

EDIT: Setting offset of 0.2 made my pawn's stat 124% instead of 120%. Maybe it's because there is a maximum stat?
Wow Latta, thank you very much for so much bug reporting! I've fixed this issue for the stomach, but I didn't know that the efficiency doesn't work for organs. And the 124% are because you didn't change the efficiency to 100%. So the 20% offset get a 20% boost from the 120% efficiency. I hope I didn't confuse you ^^

Anyway, thank you very much for your feedback!

Adamiks

Hey Ykara. I created simple mod that allow to replacement torso. Of course this take a lot of money and time. Ah.. I add bionic version too. Only problem is that if you install bionic torso you can't install anything else. This happening because torso is the number 1 part and in bodies.defs you can't add the torso and bionic torso at one time. Is there anyway to fix it?

Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1zghqq0lrqu7we/TorsoSurgery.rar?dl=0

Sorry for my english :D