[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

UMK

Quote from: AllenWL on March 18, 2015, 12:06:52 AM
So what can you do with a extra heart other the sell it?
(and giving a bit of time from loosing a vital organ to death would be cool too.)
It's cooler. And have better stats (possibly). Also it won't bleed and in future it could be more resistant.

Ykara

Quote from: Hatura on March 18, 2015, 12:22:47 AM
I was wondering how good this mod and cybernetic storm are together. Are there any duplicate bionics?
There shouldn't be any complications with CS, just download the fix, read the readme and everything should work fine.

Quote from: KoalaB on March 17, 2015, 08:00:53 PM
Just a thought:

Is it within the modding possibilities to change events and link them to body parts? Like for example a Solar Flare making all bionic parts x% less efficient. Or maybe creating an event similar to that droid that changes the mood of males/females. Because at the moment bionics just seem like a non-brainer if your colonist is not a prostophile and you can afford it, you do it. Maybe creating some negative, random events would make you think twice before changing that perfectly healthy individual into robocop.

Maybe it would be possible to make them chargeable like some droid mods
I've already thought about adding some negative effects for bionic prostheses, and there definitely will be some. The idea with the solar flare is great, but I don't know if it's possible. I'm really bad at dll modding, but I'll take a look.

Quote from: Adamiks on March 17, 2015, 05:45:28 PM
Thanks, Ykara. And if you wanna i can do the Polish translation. Already i'm doing my own translation for the game (there is official translation but there is a lot of "black holes").
Wow, that'd be great! I always appreciate additional trabslations, so feel free to translate the mod! When you're finished you can send me the download link, it will be included in the next version of the mod!

Just a question, but what would you need a synthetic(or any other) heart for?
From what I could tell, a removed heart means insta-death, so I don't see much point for making a fake heart.

Now, if colonists had a little time space from loosing a vital organ to death, it would make more sense to me. I might save that colonist who lost his heart if I get him a new one before he dies, or I might harvest the heart from the prisoner then give him a synthetic heart to keep him alive.

(and giving a bit of time from loosing a vital organ to death would be cool too.)
As UMK said, it's cooler ^^ But it also gives a bonus for moving and manipulation, in the next update it will affect blood pumping, too.

Boboid

Is it possible to increase the health of bionics/organs/ect without changing the base durability of organic limbs?

If so that'd be an interesting way to make synthetic organs a bit more useful.

Ideally you'd want a nice thick metal plate you could implant into your colonists forheads to protect their brains :P
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Dr. Z

Why isn't there a fix for Prison Improvements anymore? Or am I missing it?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Ykara

Quote from: Boboid on March 18, 2015, 04:03:06 AM
Is it possible to increase the health of bionics/organs/ect without changing the base durability of organic limbs?
If so that'd be an interesting way to make synthetic organs a bit more useful.

Ideally you'd want a nice thick metal plate you could implant into your colonists forheads to protect their brains :P
I'll see what I can do, but I don't think it's easy to add without increasing the health of natural body parts.

Quote from: Dr. Z on March 18, 2015, 05:43:40 AM
Why isn't there a fix for Prison Improvements anymore? Or am I missing it?
Prison Improvements doesn't change the Races_Humanoid anymore, so you don't need a fix.

Dr. Z

There's actually one little difference which might be important since the new update:

<comps>
      <li>
<compClass>PrisonImprovements.CompSlavers</compClass>
      </li>
</comps>

I added this piece in the EPOE xml and loaded it after prison improvements and it works fine.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Dr. Z on March 18, 2015, 07:47:33 AM
There's actually one little difference which might be important since the new update:

<comps>
      <li>
      </li>
</comps>

I added this piece in the EPOE xml and loaded it after prison improvements and it works fine.

which xml file :)  and what doesn't work/goes wrong if we don't make that addition?

Adamiks

Ykara i created also a new bench for your mod "craftable guns", but i have problem with this dll file.

"Ykara i don't know why guns in my game need "work time 8" instead 500. In the def files they need more.

I also create the extra table. I add the texture (new), edited the defs and also "unlockrecipes.cs" but this still don't works. I have problem with research, because guns like pistol works.

Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/aw7c5pmakj7k1pb/Craftable%20Guns.rar?dl=0

"I used a dll for hiding the recipes" Ok. I open the dll with the "resource hacker" and i see only version info.  What program you use for this?"

Ykara

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on March 18, 2015, 10:23:36 AM

<comps>
      <li>
      </li>
</comps>

which xml file :)  and what doesn't work/goes wrong if we don't make that addition?
Interesting that there is a change to the Races_Humanoid again, I'll have to test it. But in the last versions there weren't any problems if you just activated my mod after PI, so try it. If there are any complications, please tell me and I'll provide a fix.

Quote from: Adamiks on March 18, 2015, 11:13:20 AM
Ykara i created also a new bench for your mod "craftable guns", but i have problem with this dll file.

"Ykara i don't know why guns in my game need "work time 8" instead 500. In the def files they need more.

I also create the extra table. I add the texture (new), edited the defs and also "unlockrecipes.cs" but this still don't works. I have problem with research, because guns like pistol works.

"I used a dll for hiding the recipes" Ok. I open the dll with the "resource hacker" and i see only version info.  What program you use for this?"
Ok, I'll take a look. Maybe I find something that could help you ^^

By the way, I've uploaded a fix for GlitterTech! Just download it from here or from the original post!

InfinityKage

Quote from: Ykara on March 18, 2015, 11:25:30 AM
Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on March 18, 2015, 10:23:36 AM

<comps>
      <li>
      </li>
</comps>

Interesting that there is a change to the Races_Humanoid again, I'll have to test it. But in the last versions there weren't any problems if you just activated my mod after PI, so try it. If there are any complications, please tell me and I'll provide a fix.

Quote from: Adamiks on March 18, 2015, 11:13:20 AM

Ok, I'll take a look. Maybe I find something that could help you ^^

By the way, I've uploaded a fix for GlitterTech! Just download it from here or from the original post!

You just keep getting more and more awesome.

InfinityKage

Wait. If I add the fix for glittertech won't that override the fix for Cyperstorm and Zombies?

Ykara

Quote from: InfinityKage on March 18, 2015, 11:45:43 AM

Wait. If I add the fix for glittertech won't that override the fix for Cyperstorm and Zombies?
Yes it would, would you like a fix for all three mods? ^^

InfinityKage

Quote from: Ykara on March 18, 2015, 11:51:01 AM

If you can be that awesome. Careful though. If you get too awesome you'll be upgraded to superhuman status. Then you won't be able to stay down here and make mods for us humans.

Adamiks

Just a question, but what would you need a synthetic(or any other) heart for?
From what I could tell, a removed heart means insta-death, so I don't see much point for making a fake heart.

Now, if colonists had a little time space from loosing a vital organ to death, it would make more sense to me. I might save that colonist who lost his heart if I get him a new one before he dies, or I might harvest the heart from the prisoner then give him a synthetic heart to keep him alive.

Sometimes colonists can have gunshots scars or infections.

Ykara

Quote from: InfinityKage on March 18, 2015, 12:03:23 PM
Quote from: Ykara on March 18, 2015, 11:51:01 AM

If you can be that awesome. Careful though. If you get too awesome you'll be upgraded to superhuman status. Then you won't be able to stay down here and make mods for us humans.
Haha thanks, but don't worry ^^ Creating fixes isn't that hard, so I'm not gonna be a superhuman  any time soon ^^ But anyway, here is your fix: Download!
If everything works fine, I'm gonna put it on the original post, so please tell me if you find errors ^^