[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Adamiks

AllenWL

Hmm possibly, but what mods could be causing it? What, do I need to check each and every mod?

Adamiks

Some mods with the file "BodyParts.xml" in the RimWorld/Mods/[name of mod]/Defs/BodyPartDefs.

AllenWL

Eh, never mind, can do it now. Moved the mods around a bit, and checked real close. Now, I'm not sure if I just missed it or if it was gone...

Anyways, what does 'Diagnose bad back' do? Now my colonist is in bed, anesthetized, and non of my doctors will treat her

Adamiks

This replace bad back from torso to spine so you can heal it by installing bionic spine. But when you start new game colonists will have bad back on spine by default.

AllenWL

Oh I see. Now all I need is a bionic spine, so all I need to do now is buy a nice shipment of plasteel..... just as soon my colony stops starving to death.

Oh, and just checked some hyperweave from traders to see the cost and oh my, is it expensive... like two or three times the cost of plasteel. I don't think I'll be making any synthetic skin or organs anytime soon..... But lots of prisoners will be sent to the chopping block for parts. LOTS

Adamiks

But in normal game bionics part costs small fortune. Now you need only buy (or dig) plasteel and hyperweave - this is cheeper.

silentlord

Quote from: AllenWL on March 22, 2015, 04:25:43 AMBut lots of prisoners will be sent to the chopping block for parts. LOTS

now your playing Rimworld! :P
to be honest i find it almost too easy to make money.
i use zombie mod, so after a wave i have dozens of dead zombies.... i then collect all the bodies, strip them and then chop them up to zombie meat... i sell the clothes and zombie meat. together with this i mine, alot! all those chunks i use to make sculptures, which sell well.  after that i make tonnes of weapons. the last money maker i use when im fully stocked food wise, is a couple crops of Xerigium, the medicine. which i build up and sell en masse to bulk traders etc...
all the wounded enemies are captured, arms and legs and afew organs removed, then the prisoners and thier body parts are sold to the traders too! :D :P

it feels more like a production line and builders game.

AllenWL

I have no problem with bionics.
But synthetic organs are very expensive. They require hyperweave-which can only be bought, and is more expansive then plasteel- and vancidium, which is very expensive to make. Overall, they seem to be more expensive to make then bionics(to me anyways), but bionics are more important. A colonist without a arm or leg is severely crippled. A colonist without a lung or kidney can survive just fine.

Adamiks

Colonist without a kidney and lung have like 75% (or 50) of health. So this is very important.

AllenWL

But I can easily get more organs by slicing them off prisoners. A lost organ can be gotten by quickly by harvesting it from a prisoner. Or, I can get some surrogate organs.

Also, to enhance your colonist's speed/movement you just need bionics, but to enhance your organs, you need synthetic organs, which are more expensive then bionics. And weakened organs really don't have any noticeable effect, so when faced with a choice of getting my colonists bionics or synthetic organs, I just go for bionics.

It just seems that synthetic organs/skin has little benefits, but a big cost.

That said, won't it be cool if you could graft a scyther shell onto your colonist to give them a boost in health?

Dr. Z

Prasie the Squirrel!

Ykara

Quote from: Dr. Z on March 24, 2015, 04:11:35 PM
Does a bionic arm include a bionic hand?
Yep, because bionic arms replace the shoulders and they include the hands, so a bionic arm just replaces everything from the shoulder to the pinky.

dareddevil7

Just to let you know, and also sorry for being a prick about it, but prosthetics isn't a word, the plural for prosthetic is prosthesis.

Ykara

Quote from: dareddevil7 on March 25, 2015, 04:36:18 PM
Just to let you know, and also sorry for being a prick about it, but prosthetics isn't a word, the plural for prosthetic is prosthesis.
Yep I know, you won't find the word prosthetics as a name for a bodypart in my mod ^^ And about the name: Prosthetics is used as the noun for the branch of medicine that deals with making and installing artificial bodyparts. But if you find some issues in the mod, please tell me! My English is not even close to perfect and I'm pretty sure there are some problems with it.