[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Adamiks

Quote from: Ykara on April 28, 2015, 04:10:17 PM
I haven't found a solution to bring them over to alpha 10, because it seems like I need a thoughtworker now, but I'm that terrible in C# that I can't get it to work. But help is always appreciated!

If when you telling "thoughtworker" you mean "<workerClass>ThoughtWorker_Hediff</workerClass>" then i don't think this will help because Beer uses that same "workerclass" as your "ribdrugged". But i'm just a noob in modding so i don't really know :D

Ykara

Quote from: Adamiks on April 28, 2015, 05:19:09 PM
If when you telling "thoughtworker" you mean "<workerClass>ThoughtWorker_Hediff</workerClass>" then i don't think this will help because Beer uses that same "workerclass" as your "ribdrugged". But i'm just a noob in modding so i don't really know :D
Yeah, I've already tried that, but I think it only works with staged hediffs :/

Plagi

For some reasons I can't install all of the "advanced bionic" parts, what can it be? May be it's not enough medical skills?

Wow, wow. I fixed it by myself. I'm playing with Superior craft and like you said I just activate this mod after superior...awesome mod, thx.

Adamiks

Quote from: Ykara on April 29, 2015, 01:20:31 AM
Quote from: Adamiks on April 28, 2015, 05:19:09 PM
Yeah, I've already tried that, but I think it only works with staged hediffs :/

Hmm.... If this work only with staged heddiffs why you can't create a stage that will just same like first one?

CazemTheNinja

I know you wanted some suggestions for prosthetics (that word is really hard to spell Haha) so i made a small list between me and a few friends who play this mod. Take em or leave em. Thanks for the awesome mod, this is my favourite part of rimworld.

Wheels? Sort of like tank tracks or some form of wheelchair thing that buffs movement?
Implants rather then actual body additions, deus ex i think its called has stuff like that so things like skill implants for specifc skill sets
So you get a craftsman implant that increases crafting and construction or a intelligence implant that increases medical and research. Etc...
Aswell as some that add other things like decreases the rate at which food goes down (not sure if possible i aint a coder)  aswell as something that increases infection recovery
what about inbuilt weaponry? Sacrifice a limb for a shoulder mounted plasma cannon similar to the film planet reach i think its called. She has an ak 47 for a leg its pretty awesome.
Have you considered making mecha suits for pawns? So rather then exosuits that stay on all the time mecha stations that you can enter and take off. Increases damage and ranged but you cant do work in them (slightly different from the mod i know)
also different types of exosuits. So some dedicated to melee others speed similar to the call of duty where they have three types with different speeds health and damage.

Anyways thanks for the mod

Adamiks

Ninja have a good idea. I think that you can create implants that will add hediff to whole body so colonist will can have more than only 1 implant (in the brain).

Ykara

Quote from: CazemTheNinja on April 29, 2015, 08:36:02 AM
I know you wanted some suggestions for prosthetics (that word is really hard to spell Haha) so i made a small list between me and a few friends who play this mod. Take em or leave em. Thanks for the awesome mod, this is my favourite part of rimworld.

Wheels? Sort of like tank tracks or some form of wheelchair thing that buffs movement?
Implants rather then actual body additions, deus ex i think its called has stuff like that so things like skill implants for specifc skill sets
So you get a craftsman implant that increases crafting and construction or a intelligence implant that increases medical and research. Etc...
Aswell as some that add other things like decreases the rate at which food goes down (not sure if possible i aint a coder)  aswell as something that increases infection recovery
what about inbuilt weaponry? Sacrifice a limb for a shoulder mounted plasma cannon similar to the film planet reach i think its called. She has an ak 47 for a leg its pretty awesome.
Have you considered making mecha suits for pawns? So rather then exosuits that stay on all the time mecha stations that you can enter and take off. Increases damage and ranged but you cant do work in them (slightly different from the mod i know)
also different types of exosuits. So some dedicated to melee others speed similar to the call of duty where they have three types with different speeds health and damage.

Anyways thanks for the mod
It's funny, because I have considered to add pretty much every idea you mentioned. But unfortunately it isn't as easy as it looks like. Implants would need an assembly, just like the exoskeleton suit (that's why it isn't already in the mod). And shooting verbs don't work on prostheses, I don't know why. Wheels are also not that simple, you'd need to fix wheels on both legs simultaneously, maybe I'll include it in the Alpha 11 release. But thanks for your ideas, I'll work on them!

crusader2010

Hello. I think I found a bug. The surrogate organ workbench can't be right-clicked to choose prioritize with any colonist. They don't seem to touch it at all. Any ideas?
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Ykara

Quote from: crusader2010 on April 29, 2015, 05:33:42 PM
Hello. I think I found a bug. The surrogate organ workbench can't be right-clicked to choose prioritize with any colonist. They don't seem to touch it at all. Any ideas?
Surrogate organs require a crafting skill of 7 or higher. Haa anyone of your colonists crafting 7? Maybe that could be the problem.

TonyKuremento

The first post says "Treat scars and back backs!" in one of the bullet points, but I think it should have said "bad backs"? :P

AllenWL

Well, I wanted to give my colonist a new foot, so I tried to give him a new leg.
Well, I sorta messed up, and now I have a footless colonist and no medicine left over... whoops...

Oh, and I got a idea. How about a 'doctor's hand' or 'medical skin' or something?
It would be installed on the doctor, and basically act like medicine, even if the colony has none. The doctor will be able to apply medicine to the patient even if there is no medicine, at the cost of some manipulative ability.

Also, some prostheses, especially the crude ones, says 'uncomfortable' on them.
Won't it be kinda cool if those cause slight pain to the colonist who has them on?

MagmaBear

Ykara

Quote from: TonyKuremento on May 01, 2015, 03:07:00 PM
The first post says "Treat scars and back backs!" in one of the bullet points, but I think it should have said "bad backs"? :P
Haha, thanks for pointing that out, I've changed it!

Quote from: AllenWL on May 01, 2015, 08:51:21 PM
Well, I wanted to give my colonist a new foot, so I tried to give him a new leg.
Well, I sorta messed up, and now I have a footless colonist and no medicine left over... whoops...

Oh, and I got a idea. How about a 'doctor's hand' or 'medical skin' or something?
It would be installed on the doctor, and basically act like medicine, even if the colony has none. The doctor will be able to apply medicine to the patient even if there is no medicine, at the cost of some manipulative ability.

Also, some prostheses, especially the crude ones, says 'uncomfortable' on them.
Won't it be kinda cool if those cause slight pain to the colonist who has them on?
Well, I'm afraid a medical hand is not possible. Prostheses can only affect the stats you see in the health tab :/ The idea with pain sounds good though, but I don't know if its possible either. But I will try!

Quote from: MagmaBear on May 01, 2015, 11:02:44 PM
You should make bionic bones. :)
Someday I will become a cyborg!
Yeah, maybe I will! There is already Lattas great FixBones mod, maybe EPOE will get some of its features, too. I'll see what I can do!

Ninefinger

Hey Ykara, first i want to say i love your mods!, Secondly it has been brought to my attention by Minus with his Medical Surgery Experience Balance mod, that Tynan accidentally missed a decimal point for experience gained for surgery, and that surgery mods like this will need to be updated directly. I have already gone ahead and updated my Ultimate Overhaul Modpack and figured i would let you know about this if you didn't manage to spot it yourself. Cheers! :D

Old Medical XP mod.           1XP a second
Vanilla Alpha 10.               16XP a second
Current Medical XP mod.     1.6XP a second <--- This number should be used for each of your Recipe/Defs that contain this bit of code:

<workSkillLearnFactor>1.6</workSkillLearnFactor>

Minus

Yo Ykara! Your rival here! Just wonder if you're still using races_humanoid for your mod. If you're still 2 Alphas behind in your coding like it seems then here's a fix for ya.

<recipeUsers><li>Human</li></recipeUsers>

Put that in all the bionic install recipes, then delete your races file. Hope this helps all the compatibility issues and patches you keep having to make.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance