[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Ykara

Quote from: Ninefinger on May 03, 2015, 02:42:36 AM
Hey Ykara, first i want to say i love your mods!, Secondly it has been brought to my attention by Minus with his Medical Surgery Experience Balance mod, that Tynan accidentally missed a decimal point for experience gained for surgery, and that surgery mods like this will need to be updated directly. I have already gone ahead and updated my Ultimate Overhaul Modpack and figured i would let you know about this if you didn't manage to spot it yourself. Cheers! :D

Old Medical XP mod.           1XP a second
Vanilla Alpha 10.               16XP a second
Current Medical XP mod.     1.6XP a second <--- This number should be used for each of your Recipe/Defs that contain this bit of code:

<workSkillLearnFactor>1.6</workSkillLearnFactor>
Oh, thank you very much for pointing that out! I've completely forgotten about this! I'll add it in the next release!

Quote from: Minus on May 03, 2015, 03:47:20 AM
Yo Ykara! Your rival here! Just wonder if you're still using races_humanoid for your mod. If you're still 2 Alphas behind in your coding like it seems then here's a fix for ya.

<recipeUsers><li>Human</li></recipeUsers>

Put that in all the bionic install recipes, then delete your races file. Hope this helps all the compatibility issues and patches you keep having to make.
Yo Minus, I know about the recipeUsers! I've already made a version without a Races_Humanoid, but I have a problem with it. All recipes are in a random order and I don't think that looks good. Since I'm a perfectionist, there's no other way to organize the recipes than making changes to the Races_Humanoid. Of course that's not a problem if there are only a few recipes like in your mod, but mine is a little bit bigger so it just looks messy.
And about the compatibility issues: There are so few mods that alter the Races_Humanoid, and for the mods that do I make patches. It's pretty easy to do the patches, so I don't think it's worth rewriting my mod.

HBKRKO619

Quote from: Ykara on May 03, 2015, 06:55:14 AM
Yo Minus, I know about the recipeUsers! I've already made a version without a Races_Humanoid, but I have a problem with it. All recipes are in a random order and I don't think that looks good. Since I'm a perfectionist, there's no other way to organize the recipes than making changes to the Races_Humanoid. Of course that's not a problem if there are only a few recipes like in your mod, but mine is a little bit bigger so it just looks messy.
And about the compatibility issues: There are so few mods that alter the Races_Humanoid, and for the mods that do I make patches. It's pretty easy to do the patches, so I don't think it's worth rewriting my mod.

Not really sure to agree on that but, you're the creator of the mod ^^
If Tynan made a way to easily made compatible every "medical" mod, you should use it. In alpha 9, I had 5 mods who changed race_humanoid, you made a compatible patch for 4 of them and I did the last one for myself after 3H of test (it change only 4 recipes but ..... I'm just the worst modder in the history of this planet xDDD) and I don't talk about the need to do the change after every update of the 5 mod o-O
Anyway, all of this to say that if their's a way to made all of this compatible the easy way, why choose the hard way ? xD

Minus

Quote from: Ykara on May 03, 2015, 06:55:14 AM
All recipes are in a random order and I don't think that looks good. Since I'm a perfectionist, there's no other way to organize the recipes than making changes to the Races_Humanoid. Of course that's not a problem if there are only a few recipes like in your mod, but mine is a little bit bigger so it just looks messy.
Weird, they're in order for me on my mod, mostly. I don't think it's random, I think it's probably based on what DefName you give them. I know you can't change that without making old save games incompatible, but try it out and think about it for the next Alpha update.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

FireRat

How do I repair scars? With human skin or something?

Ykara

Quote from: FireRat on May 04, 2015, 05:39:22 AM
How do I repair scars? With human skin or something?
You need synthetic skin. It's craftable at the synthetic organs workbench so it's pretty endgamey.

Tormound

I'm having a hard time installing various bionic and beyond body parts. I have the parts but the option does not come up. Nor does it come up for synthetic organs. Is there something I'm missing? Positronic brain implants works fine though along with regular and advanced prosthetic parts.

EDIT: Alright I got it. Had to make it so the mod loaded later in the list.

FireRat

Ykara

Quote from: FireRat on May 05, 2015, 04:10:55 AM
Whats the difference between a Power Arm and Bionic Arm?
The power arm is ... ehhh more powerful? It multiplies manipulating with 1.3 instead of 1.2, does pretty decent melee damage and a lot more expensive. The best use for it is to give it a sniper so he can deal damage even in close combat. The bionic arm just improves manipulating.

123nick

will the compatibility patches be updated for alpha 10? at the very least, EPOE and glitter tech?

XxMSWShadowxX

I seem to be having difficulties getting this mod to work properly, I can't seem to install spines, or install body parts other than the parts already in Vanilla (Peg Leg, Bionic Arm etc) but there are no errors at all in console/logs. Is there a certain way I have to do this? or am i missing something stupidly obvious? would not be the first time for me.

PS, no other mods SHOULD be causing conflicts, this is the only mod i have installed that has anything to do with Prosthetics or treating body parts, different methods etc, this is the only mod i have installed that has nothing to do with weaponry. Mod looks great by the way hopefully i can use it properly soon.
Virtus, honor, victoria, qualis fides magnatorum effodit.

Ykara

Quote from: XxMSWShadowxX on May 05, 2015, 10:52:53 PM
I seem to be having difficulties getting this mod to work properly, I can't seem to install spines, or install body parts other than the parts already in Vanilla (Peg Leg, Bionic Arm etc) but there are no errors at all in console/logs. Is there a certain way I have to do this? or am i missing something stupidly obvious? would not be the first time for me.

PS, no other mods SHOULD be causing conflicts, this is the only mod i have installed that has anything to do with Prosthetics or treating body parts, different methods etc, this is the only mod i have installed that has nothing to do with weaponry. Mod looks great by the way hopefully i can use it properly soon.
Ok, that's strange. What mods are you using, maybe there are some incompatibilites even though you don't have other surgery mods.

Quote from: 123nick on May 05, 2015, 06:12:49 PM
will the compatibility patches be updated for alpha 10? at the very least, EPOE and glitter tech?
Yep, thanks for reminding me! I've just made a GlitterTech Fix, so have fun playing both mods!

XxMSWShadowxX

Ok, that's strange. What mods are you using, maybe there are some incompatibilites even though you don't have other surgery mods.

I have (went and got some more, still same problem though);
-Apparello & AnimuHair
-Crashlanding
-CrytoHax
-EDB series (Alpha 10 compatible ones)
-Expanded Mining
-GlitterTech (installed but not active as i thought this was causing it)
-Hospitality
-PawnStateIcons
-LessIncidentTrolling
-Miscellaneous/MAI
-MoreHair
-OmniWeapons
-ProjectArmory
-Rimfire
-Rimsenal Base, _hair, _Security, _Storyteller
-VeinMiner

as i said i thought GlitterTech might have been doing it but no difference at all :\ maybe a load order change may fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind, downloaded your GlitterTech fix and just put it in EPOE mod folder and put it right at the bottom of the load order now working 100% fine. Great mod by the way and thanks for the support.
Virtus, honor, victoria, qualis fides magnatorum effodit.

Ykara

Quote from: XxMSWShadowxX on May 06, 2015, 11:39:23 AMEDIT: Nevermind, downloaded your GlitterTech fix and just put it in EPOE mod folder and put it right at the bottom of the load order now working 100% fine. Great mod by the way and thanks for the support.
Great! I'm glad it works!

Carlsf

Very good mod with lot of potential. I like it. But could do something like performing operations on rescued guestes? It pains me when I rescue someone without leg and he/she stays in my base forever.

Arthur James

I got a problem.
After the bionic Arm, leg, foot, hand manufactured into Advanced body parts, they can't be used for surgery when trying to add the body parts to the members...
they are only used for sold only.. and in exchange for those pre-made Advanced body parts given by traders..

ARTHUR JAMES