[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

userfredle

Hey love the mod, my only issue is i personally find its recipes way to OP and cheap, i build 2 every time just cuz i feel like im cheating the game a bit too much, i really think there could be more of both plasteel and regular steel requirements for just about everything, currently the cost of buying all the parts compared to the bionic, also teh convenience of having any bionic i want at all times, is 1/4 - 1/5 What it would cost to buy the actual bionic from the trader.

Just a thought for added vanilla - ness

Ykara

Quote from: Carlsf on May 06, 2015, 12:58:44 PM
Very good mod with lot of potential. I like it. But could do something like performing operations on rescued guestes? It pains me when I rescue someone without leg and he/she stays in my base forever.
I'm afraid I'm too bad at modding to do that. I think that this is hardcoded, so I can't do anything about it cause I'm incredibly bad at C# :/

Quote from: Arthur James on May 07, 2015, 06:04:27 AM
I got a problem.
After the bionic Arm, leg, foot, hand manufactured into Advanced body parts, they can't be used for surgery when trying to add the body parts to the members...
they are only used for sold only.. and in exchange for those pre-made Advanced body parts given by traders..
That's pretty weird. Do you have any other mods installed? And if so, is EPOE the last mod in the mod order?

Quote from: userfredle on May 07, 2015, 08:32:52 PM
Hey love the mod, my only issue is i personally find its recipes way to OP and cheap, i build 2 every time just cuz i feel like im cheating the game a bit too much, i really think there could be more of both plasteel and regular steel requirements for just about everything, currently the cost of buying all the parts compared to the bionic, also teh convenience of having any bionic i want at all times, is 1/4 - 1/5 What it would cost to buy the actual bionic from the trader.

Yep, I want to make it harder too. I don't want complicated production chains, but I think one step should do it. I thought about gears you can craft at the mechanics table and need for making prostheses. But I don't know if everyone likes the idea, I think I'll have to do another poll.

LanMc

Quote from: userfredle on May 07, 2015, 08:32:52 PM

Just wanted to weigh in on this...  I like it the way it is.  I honestly don't want it to be harder to make them.  Plasteel doesn't come easy or cheap unless we use mods for it.  This mod eased up the base game a bit by allowing us to create the prosthetics - which, yes, are very expensive to purchase and way out of any budget range especially during the earlier stages in the game.  Plus it takes time and energy to research all of them, that adds enough difficulty if you ask me as I am typically struggling to get research done...

So my vote is no, don't change it, please?  Or at very least give us the option of two versions: one more challenging, one basically the same?

I like being able to fix my colonists after they've been ravaged by a rampaging horde, (ok, it was only 2, not much of a horde, I know...), of rapid squirrels that somehow ate off my pawn's leg, took an arm and left her with only one good eye!!  Preferably without breaking the bank, or having them languish in bed until I can afford to buy the materials needed, (still happened... research can take some time...) or wait on a trade ship that sells them and hope I have enough of everything to be able to trade in order to afford them and not have everyone starving through the winter... (I didn't... I had to wait for the research and then build up enough plasteel and steel to make what she needed. I gave her a peg leg just to get her out of bed.  She was not a happy pawn!  Eventually however I was able to construct the better bionic parts (not top of the line upgraded ones, but hey... beggars can't be choosers, ya know?) she was much happier after that!)

Please help me keep my pawns happy?
Lan
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Ykara

Ok, I've just opened a new poll! Thanks for all those who voted, your suggestions have really made EPOE better! And I'll see what I can do about a prostophile faction, I really didn't expect that so many of you want to see it!

Anyway, please vote, your vote decides how EPOE is gonna evolve!
The question is: Is EPOE balanced? Because there were and are some posts that said that I should rebalance the mod, but I wasn't sure if you really want me to do that. So I just ask you!

AllenWL

In my opinion, the beginning is pretty well balanced. The cost-to-efficiency ratio is pretty well made, and it doesn't feel OP, or underpowered. However, it's when you get to bionics and up that there is a slight OP-ness.

I was easily able to get a few thousand units of plasteel from mining, cutting open mechanoids, or simply selling all the clothing and weapons I got from raids and buying plasteel with it.

Once you research bionics and higher, it actually gets easier to have your units be enhanced then to get them to normal. I mean, we're crash-landed on a near-deserted planet, and getting my guy a advanced bionic leg is easier then getting him a normal leg? I mean, once I get the research and advance a decent way in, I might as well just give that colonist a advanced bionic arm rather then cure the infection in his little finger.

Bionics also trumps prostheses by a lot. They are not very far apart in both cost and research, but they are pretty distinctive in efficiency. If I just save a bit more steel and plasteel, instead of making this prosthetic foot, I can get a bionic one.

I think maybe making bionics harder to get, maybe needing some advanced parts you need to salvage from mechanoid or buy from traders(I don't think it should have a more complex production chain though. Needing x to craft y to combine with x and z to make w to me, just adds more tedium then anything else), or needing some more resources and a higher knowledge of things, then adding a middle ground-type prostheses that have 100% efficiency, like organic limbs and organs, just without having to get a prisoner to chop up.

TL;DR
The beginning is well balanced, but once you get to mid-game-ish, gets OP pretty quick. Possibly add a 'middle ground' prostheses between 'weakened' and 'advanced'

deadlydullahan

Quote from: AllenWL on May 08, 2015, 08:55:05 PM

TL;DR
The beginning is well balanced, but once you get to mid-game-ish, gets OP pretty quick. Possibly add a 'middle ground' prostheses between 'weakened' and 'advanced'

I think a solution to this is requiring the bionics crafting recipe include a unique implemented item that let's say can only be acquired through a specific trader. This ups the difficulty by a bit and makes players have to choose wisely how to invest their bionic parts as well as getting players to trade a bit more to afford the said unique crafting item. it could be as simple as an item labeled "Bio-mechanics" that you need 1 per bionic part crafted

EDIT: maybe have a new trader that drops by once and awhile that specializes in medical and technological items (Sells body parts as well as the unique item along with maybe AI cores or something.

CazemTheNinja

I have made a combination mod of three mods one of them being yours and then glittertech and minus's mod as they dont work together originally, so i have made a fix pack for this. Im not sure of your opinion on modpacks so i wanted to just get explicit consent, the link is here and i have credited your mod. Here is the post https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12961.0

Thankyou

Ykara

Thanks so far for your votes and suggestions, keep going on! I'm not sure about the traders exclusive part, I think that would make EPOE a little bit too hard, but if more people suggest that it should be a lot harder, I'm gonna think about it.
And it would be nice to read some comments of the people who voted that EPOE is too hard, I really want to see your point.

And @CazemTheNinja: How did you get Extended Sugery and Bionics to work with EPOE? Did you remove the prostheses part of ESB and just kept the organ vet? I can't look it up, I'm currently on my phone ^^

Adamiks

I think that EPOE is balanced, but only thing that i will change is a vancidium(?). 1 advanced part needs from 5-20. 5x5 gold = 25gold + plasteel + steel. And advanced parts are don't even 2x more better (they have +3.5 not 4) from normal bionics. In that way i think the better option is creating only a normal bionics for let's say 10 people not advanced bionics for 1-2. And the synthetics organs. We have surrogate (65%) organs and synthetics organs (100% +20) but where are "normal" organs with 100% efficiency?

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Ykara on April 26, 2015, 05:54:19 AM
A compatibility patch / version for Superior Crafting is definitely coming, quite likely in the next week.
And about the floors, I really don't have a clue what could cause your problems, since EPOE doesn't alter any of the terrain defs. But it sounds pretty funny ^^

Someone just suggested this mod to me, sounds like a lot of fun, unfortunately it is not compatible with SC it seems, a mod I can not live without.
I've found this post of yours, however I have not found any fix/patch/update/whatever for SC on your main post, only a glittertech (was it?) fix.
Could you tell me (/us) what will happen to this fantastic idea of yours? ^^

Or, is it possible to remove the prosthetics part of SC (all the parts and recipes) without breaking the mod, using yours instead?

Thank you!

Adamiks

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 11, 2015, 05:38:14 AM
A compatibility patch / version for Superior Crafting is definitely coming, quite likely in the next week.
And about the floors, I really don't have a clue what could cause your problems, since EPOE doesn't alter any of the terrain defs. But it sounds pretty funny ^^

Someone just suggested this mod to me, sounds like a lot of fun, unfortunately it is not compatible with SC it seems, a mod I can not live without.
I've found this post of yours, however I have not found any fix/patch/update/whatever for SC on your main post, only a glittertech (was it?) fix.

Or, is it possible to remove the prosthetics part of SC (all the parts and recipes) without breaking the mod, using yours instead?

Thank you!

Here, my friend :) I created a fix for the EPOE and also added some stuff like natural foots (so installing foots have some sense now), advanced prosthetics foots, hands, natural spine (so now you have spine for installing bionic one), and now you need surrogate organs for organs in the organ vats so surrogate organs aren't useless now (before you might have organ from one body...)

And i also added some items like couch (2x1 and 3x1), new floors, some recipe balance, glass recipe on the end-game level. Only problem is that i don't know if you save even can load this :D If you will have any problems i will try to create a fix.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxpqv73xczqudn4/ExpandedProsthetics%26OrganEngineering%20%2B%20SC.rar?dl=0

Hmmm.... I think that you will can have problems with researchDefs. If you researched bionics table i think you game will just crash. Anyway this will be easy to fix so no problem, mate :)

EDIT : I forgot about BodyDefs that i have in another mod.

EDIT 2: I found a bug - foots and hands can't be installed. Fix is here. Ok, maybe not here but somewhere under this.

[attachment deleted due to age]

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Adamiks on May 11, 2015, 06:37:59 AM
Here, my friend :) I created a fix for the EPOE and also added some stuff like natural foots (so installing foots have some sense now), advanced prosthetics foots, hands, natural spine (so now you have spine for installing bionic one), and now you need surrogate organs for organs in the organ vats so surrogate organs aren't useless now (before you might have organ from one body...)

And i also added some items like couch (2x1 and 3x1), new floors, some recipe balance, glass recipe on the end-game level. Only problem is that i don't know if you save even can load this :D If you will have any problems i will try to create a fix.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxpqv73xczqudn4/ExpandedProsthetics%26OrganEngineering%20%2B%20SC.rar?dl=0

Hmmm.... I think that you will can have problems with researchDefs. If you researched bionics table i think you game will just crash. Anyway this will be easy to fix so no problem, mate :)

EDIT 2: I found a bug - foots and hands can't be installed. Fix is here. Ok, maybe not here but somewhere under this.

Yey!
These are to replace EPOE's  defs, right?
And what of SC's? Do I just delete them, leave them, or the mod order thingy will take care of it?
If this works, I'm gonna find you and give you all my cookies.

Adamiks

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 12, 2015, 08:35:39 AM

Yey!
And what of SC's? Do I just delete them, leave them, or the mod order thingy will take care of it?

If you don't changed anything in SC or EPOE, just delete SC folder and EPOE folder and copy my files. And remeber about this 2 files that i also send. Just extract bodypartsdefs folders and thingdefs folder into SC folder or EPOE - this isn't really matter, because these files are shared.

Ykara

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 11, 2015, 05:38:14 AM

Thank you!
I'm sorry, I don't know if there will be an official fix. I can't make it, because - as you said - you need to remove the prosthetics part of SC, so I can't just create a fix. I've already asked Abrexus if he could release an EPOE compatibility version of his mod because many people requested it, I think he just needs some time.
But you can use Adamiks' fix, it should work ^^

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Adamiks on May 12, 2015, 08:47:14 AM
Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 12, 2015, 08:35:39 AM

Yey!

If you don't changed anything in SC or EPOE, just delete SC folder and EPOE folder and copy my files. And remeber about this 2 files that i also send. Just extract bodypartsdefs folders and thingdefs folder into SC folder or EPOE - this isn't really matter, because these files are shared.

I'm an idiot. o_o Yes, I kinda missed that big yellow link poking my eyes out in the middle of your post, thus my confusion...
I...ugh. Yeah.

But it is working! I've not yet tested all its aspects, but as far as I can see, it is! And it's awesome!

Thank you!

Quote from: Ykara on May 12, 2015, 01:13:31 PM

I'm sorry, I don't know if there will be an official fix. I can't make it, because - as you said - you need to remove the prosthetics part of SC, so I can't just create a fix. I've already asked Abrexus if he could release an EPOE compatibility version of his mod because many people requested it, I think he just needs some time.
But you can use Adamiks' fix, it should work ^^

I don't know about that. That's about all I'm capable of, if I want stuff to be compatible, I use one and remove the other. It is not exactly the most delicate (or stable) way of forcing mods together, but to my surprise, it works more often than not. ^^
Anyway, thank you for answering, and for the mod!