[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

kterbush

thanky thanky... all is made clear... love the mod... keep up the good fight

kterbush

yes yes yes... installed new updated mod... all good my doc now has an advanced bionic arm.... now to chop off his other arm... just saying... oh... and the work to his eyes and hands... yeah... the mod is hot now boyz

kterbush

yes now again boyz we can rebuild him... make him faster... stronger... smarter? i dunno about that last bit... but yeah we can DO EET!!! hype for the mod all i can say...

Allanon

I don't seem to be able to install an arm onto my colonist. Are there some special requirements for limbs transplant?

Galvenox

hey Ykara! firstly, keep up the good work. I play with your mod with just a few days, and I already love it. secondly, I have a question about treating scars. propably it's obvious and there is an option that I just couldn't find, but how can I do that?
and lastly, I have this idea in my mind that sounds awesome, at least in my head. well it's more like a vision, because it's quite big and not developed, could be an entire separate mod propably... but in this mod we have most of the pieces to create a robot. I see all the upgrades in normal people and it's incredible, but to have a robot with AI in your ranks, how cool would that be? that would be very end-game stuff obviously, if it's even possible. I'm not a modder, but I think that your mod lacks the least elements to make this idea happen.

tigg

Quote from: Ykara on June 16, 2015, 10:52:01 AM
Here is the alpha 10 download if you wish to download it.

Fantastic, thanks so much (now that 11 is fixed, I'll probably be using it sooner rather than later).

morte2005

I install your mod. I see benches, research. But I can't install for example, spine, nose. (Medicine lvl 15, all part in my storage) I don't see option. I think it is a bug.
RimWorld 11, I have only your mod. Help please.

nmid

Quote from: Ykara on June 16, 2015, 02:41:10 PM
Update 1.41 - Sorry for my Stupidity!

Hey guys!
I'm so sorry and so embarassed about this stupid little error that prevented you all from enjoying the mod. The error was that I accidentally overwrote the Races_Humanoid in the core folder, not in the EPOE folder. I've fixed that and now everything should work fine.
Please forgive me.

Changes:
*  Fixed the modbreaking error that prevented you from installing prostheses

Awesome.
Can you update the version number in the about.xml too.. easier to confirm which version ppl are using / I have saved :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

rsof69

Riverey

For me organs that i installed doesn't show up in the "health" tab and I still can't contact with traders...

Allanon

If you replace defective organ with a healthy regular one (i.e. not surrogate or synthetic ones) it will simply restore a colonist to his original state. You can tell that it worked by looking at the efficiency of the function dependant on that part (sight back to 100% with eyes, for example).

Can't help you with the traders problem without some more information.

Galvenox

Ykara

Wow, so many responses :o

Quote from: Galvenox on June 18, 2015, 01:15:41 PM
what about my question? can someone help me with scars?
You can't heal scars in the Alpha 11 version because it doesn't work yet, but there will be an update.

Quote from: morte2005 on June 17, 2015, 09:18:39 AM
I install your mod. I see benches, research. But I can't install for example, spine, nose. (Medicine lvl 15, all part in my storage) I don't see option. I think it is a bug.
RimWorld 11, I have only your mod. Help please.
Do you have version 1.41 installed?

Quote from: Allanon on June 17, 2015, 02:19:02 AM
I don't seem to be able to install an arm onto my colonist. Are there some special requirements for limbs transplant?
Well, to install natural body parts you must lose or amputate your parts before you can install new parts.

Quote from: Riverey on June 18, 2015, 12:33:51 PM
For me organs that i installed doesn't show up in the "health" tab and I still can't contact with traders...
If they are natural organs it's fine, that's how it should be. But your trader problem is strange. Can someone confirm this?

Quote from: rsof69 on June 18, 2015, 01:23:31 AM
we need patch for zombie apocalypse mod
There will be a patch, I just don't know when I find the time to make one.

Thanks for all your feedback!

Allanon

Quote from: Ykara on June 18, 2015, 01:25:33 PM
Well, to install natural body parts you must lose or amputate your parts before you can install new parts.

It's not the case here, as the colonist lost his arm all right. I might have figured it out however: my colonist lost his arm but not his shoulder. Arm transplants work on colonists who lost theirs completely (i.e. shot off, torn off, cut off status referring to "arm" not "shoulder"). It's not a problem with bionics and prostheses since they override existing limbs, for example you can install a bionic arm on a missing hand, it will simply remove entire arm to fit. I have no idea how the actual code for all of this looks like but maybe I could suggest you use some of the code from bionic/prosthetic arm and apply it to natural arm so it's possible to replace missing arm cut at a shoulder.

I don't recall there being an "amputate" option for the shoulder, I might have missed it however.

I'd like to point out that on every other instance of lost limbs I was successful in harvesting pristine replacements from the offenders and giving them to offended, so it was most likely a rare occurrence. Haven't encountered any other bugs since.