[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

nmid

Quote from: AllenWL on June 26, 2015, 11:00:18 AM
Quote from: Ykara on June 24, 2015, 09:11:02 AM
And a little tip: Don't use the brain stimulator on colonists with dementia. Dementia is not as bad as the effects of the stimulator. The brain stimulator is meant to make colonists with serious brain damage useful again. I wouldn't even recommend it with half the brain destroyed.
I just wish the description implied this more.
I thought it was just supposed to boost current brain functions(in my defense, it did say consciousness +10%), so I gave it to one of my guys who where perfectly healthy.....
That's one mistake you won't repeat twice.

Saved me that mistake... I was planning to use it on my colonists.
I even used a trader purchased one in A10 and....... didn't even notice that he was damaged and was making 2 more, before I stopped playing A10 and moved to A11.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

demacrex

Quote from: AllenWL on June 26, 2015, 11:00:18 AM
Quote from: Ykara on June 24, 2015, 09:11:02 AM
And a little tip: Don't use the brain stimulator on colonists with dementia. Dementia is not as bad as the effects of the stimulator. The brain stimulator is meant to make colonists with serious brain damage useful again. I wouldn't even recommend it with half the brain destroyed.

That's one mistake you won't repeat twice.
Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way >.<
If Rimworld taught me anything, it's that 95% of your problems can be killed and eaten.

Ykara

It seems like I have to make the description clearer in the next version ^^

CyborgDragon

I have a suggestion: Expand the spine into five pieces.

• Upper Cervical Spine: Damage impairs breathing, talking, manipulation, and moving. Destruction causes no breathing, and subsequently death.
  • Lower Cervical Spine: Child of Upper Cervical Spine. Damage impairs breathing, talking, manipulation and moving. Destruction causes breathing and talking to be reduced to 20%, and no manipulation or moving.
  • Thoracic Spine: Child of Lower Cervical Spine. Damage impairs moving. Destruction causes no mobility.
  • Lumbar Spine: Child of Thoracic Spine. Damage impairs moving. Destruction causes no mobility.
  • Sacrum: Child of Lumbar Spine. Damage impairs moving. Destruction causes reduction to 70% in move speed.

Then, the following prosthetics can be used to rectify various ailments:

• Bionic Spine and Advanced Bionic Spine install into Upper Cervical Spine and fix all spinal ailments.
  • Wheelchair is either an apparel (if doable) or installs into the Thoracic Spine. Either way, it rectifies issues with the thoracic spine and below. It would provide 80% movement speed, and 60% manipulation. When thought modifiers are back, maybe it depresses colonists as well.
  • Crutches, again, either an apparel (if doable) or installs into the Lumbar Spine. They would provide 100% movement speed, and 80% manipulation. When thought modifiers are back, maybe it depresses colonists as well.
  • Wireless Chip, installs into any of the spines. Completely rectifies all issues, but provides no bonuses. Cheaper than a bionic spine, doesn't provide any penalty for prosthophobes.

With the idea of crutches, you could also make them be used for a missing leg, maybe. In which case, I'd suggest making the peg leg take more materials; maybe add leather to the cost, and take more time to craft, while crutches would be cheaper and faster.

hector212121

Might I suggest a method of offsetting rib replacement penalties? :) I don't know, maybe a rib that basically supports the other ribs and gives a tiny bonus to the stats?

Goldsmyths

Finally installed a brain stimulator to myself IRL and figured out the thing that bugged me since forever:
HediffDefs_Surrogates.xml & HediffDefs_Synthetics.xml
Both Surrogate and Synthetic Heats were labeled "artificial heart".
Can this be changed in the future plz?

- - -

Finally figured out why directly installing an un-natural Arm does not yield an arm. Like how Peg Leg yields a leg.
The arm in rim world is stacked up to the shoulder, then ARM, humerus, radius, hand, ...
And we are installing out Bionic Arm on the Shoulder. Hence why it never yields an arm IMO.
Debug agreed, the left arm that I harvested still has 100% working left shoulder. But the right arm that I installed a Bionic Arm has the shoulder replaced and arm and below at 0%.
Any way around this? If you do, this would make my arm harvesting much easier rather having the "harvested" negative mood.

Brofius

BUG:  The entire production building is not selectable (only the center cell) and the two small buildings are drawn offset. Both these issues are fixed by the <Size>(X,X)</Size> tag in the building's thingdef.
The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.

LanMc

Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Mr. Picard

No, it doesn't work with 11b. I really hope it gets updated soon. I love this mod.

nuschler22

(Running Alpha 11a)

How do you make vancidium?  I understand it's expensive to make.  I've searched this site and google and cant figure it out. 

LanMc

Quote from: nuschler22 on July 07, 2015, 02:34:06 PM
(Running Alpha 11a)

How do you make vancidium?  I understand it's expensive to make.  I've searched this site and google and cant figure it out.

You will find Vancidium Refinement under Research - once you research it, (it's a whooper and takes a while), a production table for refinement can be found in the Production tab. 

StinkyFinger91

I am using the Ultimate Overhaul Modpack with this mod in it, and I cannot seem to figure out how to craft any Artificial Bones for bionics and traders just do not sell enough of them. Any advise/hits?

LanMc

Quote from: StinkyFinger91 on July 07, 2015, 10:25:48 PM
I am using the Ultimate Overhaul Modpack with this mod in it, and I cannot seem to figure out how to craft any Artificial Bones for bionics and traders just do not sell enough of them. Any advise/hits?

In EPOE alone, not sure if Ninefinger's mod pack changes this... You would have to ask him...  But in EPOE you make Artificial Bones on the Smithing Table.  You have to unlock the ability to make Artificial Bones through Research - but then we have to do that with everything in EPOE.

Ykara

Hi, I finally have the time to care about the mod again!
First of all, thanks for all your suggestions and posts, I especially like the idea with the spine. Maybe I'll do that for the alpha 12 version, because it would break every savegame if I did it now.
And about alpha 11b: Could you tell me where you experience problems? I've tested it a little bit and I can't find them. Thanks in advance!

Akyla

I have a bug when activating the mod in A11b (for a save started in A11b without the mod).
All the rough marble floors changed to sand.