[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Ninefinger

Quote from: mokonasakura on July 18, 2015, 03:40:21 PM
So just one more question then. Do I have to install a new spine because I'm not seeing any option under operations to treat frail after I added your text.
yes replacing the spine will cure frail, however i do not know if you can add this to an existing colony and expect it to work.

dareka

Quote from: StinkyFinger91 on July 07, 2015, 10:25:48 PM
I am using the Ultimate Overhaul Modpack with this mod in it, and I cannot seem to figure out how to craft any Artificial Bones for bionics and traders just do not sell enough of them. Any advise/hits?

I'm second to this

Ninefinger

Quote from: dareka on July 20, 2015, 10:36:52 AM
Quote from: StinkyFinger91 on July 07, 2015, 10:25:48 PM
I am using the Ultimate Overhaul Modpack with this mod in it, and I cannot seem to figure out how to craft any Artificial Bones for bionics and traders just do not sell enough of them. Any advise/hits?

I'm second to this

Artificial bones are made at the Chemlab, I am currently changing the recipe to now require plasteel bars and biomatter.

Mj64

So after testing out the Brain Stimulator, what's the point of it in-game? Does it just serve as a cheap brain prosthetic, the brain equivalent of a hook hand?

Ninefinger

Quote from: Mj64 on July 23, 2015, 12:16:06 AM
So after testing out the Brain Stimulator, what's the point of it in-game? Does it just serve as a cheap brain prosthetic, the brain equivalent of a hook hand?

It makes brain damaged people able to make it to the kitchen table without starving to death.

Mj64

10/10 would get answer from funny mod compilation person again. So, I was right in that yes, it is essentially the hook hand of brain prosthetics.

AllenWL

Not really. At least a hook hand is useful(it's a pretty useful weapon for useless slaves and such). It's more of a peg leg with woodworm.
It's better than nothing, but only barely.

And this is a random idea, but I got a nudist, who I would like to keep nude(+20 mood bonus makes him the only sane person in the otherwise insane colony), except keeping him in proper temperature is annoying.
So, would it be possible to have some sort of implant that makes them able to withstand more extreme temperatures better?

On that note, a different idea I had was what if pawns had a 'Modification' slot thing? Basically, it'd be a body part that has a 0% chance to get hit by weapons, and you'll 'replace' it with various modifications that alter the stats on the pawn.

Ykara

Quote from: AllenWL on July 23, 2015, 07:07:20 AM
Not really. At least a hook hand is useful(it's a pretty useful weapon for useless slaves and such). It's more of a peg leg with woodworm.
It's better than nothing, but only barely.

And this is a random idea, but I got a nudist, who I would like to keep nude(+20 mood bonus makes him the only sane person in the otherwise insane colony), except keeping him in proper temperature is annoying.
So, would it be possible to have some sort of implant that makes them able to withstand more extreme temperatures better?

On that note, a different idea I had was what if pawns had a 'Modification' slot thing? Basically, it'd be a body part that has a 0% chance to get hit by weapons, and you'll 'replace' it with various modifications that alter the stats on the pawn.
There already is a "modification slot" - the ribs. In future versions (for alpha 12 because I'm leaving out 11) I'm planning to expand that system. Currently there only is the medical rib because I can't get the drugged rib to work, but maybe I'll make a movement rib or a strength rib. I think a real modification slot wouldn't fit the system, because pawns are no items.

Hoovytaurus

I have a weird little bug - seeing as there are no complaints about it I think it's mostly on my side, not an error in the mod itself, but I might as well post it here anyway.

There's two images of boxes for cut-off bodyparts. One that I know is from the mod with a red bottom and white top, and the vanilla one with the red line in the middle. The bug is that I can't install anything with the old icon, it won't show up in the list.

I also can't install some things like crystal or glass eyes, are those in this mod? I'm pretty sure I don't have extended surgery and bionics, which I know has glass eyes.

Only major mod I'm using alongside this one is Superior Crafting, if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance.

Pagan_PL

Greetings!
I need help! How to obtain the Vancidium?  I'm going crazy about this. Please help!
I researched almost all kind of things but can't find it.(Can't build my own droids because of SI which needs the vancidium) I also researched all kind of droids and workbench to do so. This is craftable or digable material? SOME info will be appreciated.

Thanks!

harpo99999

from what I remember about the mod, there is a high teir research for a vancidium refining table that when researched uses two materials to create the vancidium

Darhak

Hi, it seems that my colonist have something against advanced bionic, there is no "Install X part" for all the advanced bionics items. Does it required high skilled doctor/glitterworld medicine or other stuff?

EDIT: Nevrmind, conflict with "NaturalSurgery"

killer117

Whats the SI mod. Soubds good. And Vancindium actually needs three things if i remember right. Gold, plasteel, and maybe steel. Dunno. But it also takes a very high lvl crafter and i recomend not doing it. Itll bankrupt ur colony so fast.
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

filippe999

I've had all my colonist with bionic limbs, including jaw and an AI Persona Core brain implant, after i crafted some synthetic organs  didn't see the option to install them on the surgery list

Kraehe

I can't wait for my favorit Mod to be updatet. Hope Ykara has time for it. :D