[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Mikhail Reign

Oh I defiantly agree that bionics colonists are much better the. Those not, it's just that statisics easily kill them. It just seems weird that a fully bionic super solider is actually a glass cannon.

Even with proper clothing, bullets that hit HAVE to hit something and with bionic colonists you are much more likely for that bullet to hit a brain liver or heart because there are just less choices of what it can hit. Finger and toes are what skews it - when you replace a arm you take away at least 8 potential damage points And replace it with one.

Would their be anyway around this? Could bionic arms replace these extra points? Would it be possible to make a bionic arm consist of a bionic upper arm, forearm hand and fingers? If possible bionic fingers should be given 1hp, so if they take damage they end up 'crushed' or 'cut off' so that bionic parts don't heal but have to be replaced.

That said - a bionic superman standing next to a 90 yo with catercts and a bad back. both get sprayed with bullets - it's just weird that the bionic guy will die first. In fact since they Re not all able to stand up to more damage it makes them even more likely to die. The old guy will fall over at one point, and stop drawing fire if he doesn't die. The superman will stay standing longer drawing more and more chances of being headshot.

Ykara

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on August 26, 2015, 10:51:55 PM
Oh I defiantly agree that bionics colonists are much better the. Those not, it's just that statisics easily kill them. It just seems weird that a fully bionic super solider is actually a glass cannon.

Even with proper clothing, bullets that hit HAVE to hit something and with bionic colonists you are much more likely for that bullet to hit a brain liver or heart because there are just less choices of what it can hit. Finger and toes are what skews it - when you replace a arm you take away at least 8 potential damage points And replace it with one.

Would their be anyway around this? Could bionic arms replace these extra points? Would it be possible to make a bionic arm consist of a bionic upper arm, forearm hand and fingers? If possible bionic fingers should be given 1hp, so if they take damage they end up 'crushed' or 'cut off' so that bionic parts don't heal but have to be replaced.

That said - a bionic superman standing next to a 90 yo with catercts and a bad back. both get sprayed with bullets - it's just weird that the bionic guy will die first. In fact since they Re not all able to stand up to more damage it makes them even more likely to die. The old guy will fall over at one point, and stop drawing fire if he doesn't die. The superman will stay standing longer drawing more and more chances of being headshot.
I'm afraid there's no workaround for that problem :/ I guess it's a disadvantage you have to deal with...

Bobylein

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on August 26, 2015, 10:51:55 PM

Are you sure it actually works this way? I didn't test it myself in game but I always understood the hit system works like that:

Step 1: Determine which groups is hit, like Arms, Head, Torso, Legs.
Step 2: Determine if any part IN that group is hit: like if the head is hit, does it hit the skull, an ear, the nose or the jaw?
Step 3: continue step 2 until it's through all tiers of parts.

that would mean that every part is hit just as often as before.

Scelous

This is the only mod that I think RimWorld absolutely needs, 100% of the time. 

Anonemous2

Cool feature could be prosthetics for your animals or pets, so if a dog losses its right back leg you can replace it. Or make a warg with a bionic jaw who will rip up raiders.  :)

BinaryBlackhole

Can you please fix things like the humerus my colonist is stuck with a 50% manipulation reduction.

Ykara

Quote from: Anonemous2 on August 29, 2015, 12:13:31 PM
Cool feature could be prosthetics for your animals or pets, so if a dog losses its right back leg you can replace it. Or make a warg with a bionic jaw who will rip up raiders.  :)
Go back one page ^^

Quote from: BinaryBlackhole on August 29, 2015, 04:42:36 PM
Can you please fix things like the humerus my colonist is stuck with a 50% manipulation reduction.
The humerus is a part of the arm, so you can fix it with just replacing the whole arm. Actually, you can fix every possible injury in EPOE, except for frail.

FVMorais

Ykara, thank you so much for EPOE; I was already sinking dozens of hours into Rimworld (time well spent) and your mod just made it that much more fun.

joshwoo69

Ykara you could add the suggestion link into the first post so that people can read and go there instead of asking on this thread :)

AllenWL

For some reason, basic prosthetic show as purple squares with a x in them.

ThePhoenix007

I'm getting a bug error when attempting to create a glass eye. The error log is attached.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ykara

Quote from: FVMorais on August 30, 2015, 03:06:56 AM
Ykara, thank you so much for EPOE; I was already sinking dozens of hours into Rimworld (time well spent) and your mod just made it that much more fun.
Thanks, I'm glad you like the mod! It was my goal to make the game more fun without taking away the lovely vanilla atmosphere.

Quote from: joshwoo69 on August 30, 2015, 03:54:48 AM
Ykara you could add the suggestion link into the first post so that people can read and go there instead of asking on this thread :)
Of course!

Quote from: AllenWL on August 30, 2015, 08:05:15 AM
Yeah, the purple square stands for a missing texture. But there is a texture and it works fine for me. I really don't know what causes your problem :/ Maybe redownloading the mod works, who knows.

Quote from: ThePhoenix007 on August 30, 2015, 07:25:39 PM
I'm getting a bug error when attempting to create a glass eye. The error log is attached.
Oh. I've totally forgot about these eyes since they weren't originally created by me. Your problem is caused by the unfinished item that needs stuff to work (I really don't know why and I would really appreciate it if Tynan would let me choose whether I want to use stuff or not, but I'm getting ot) and a granite chunk is no stuff. Huge thanks for reporting, I have to think about a solution.

Lordprimate

can someone confirm or deny that this works with the latest release A12D?? Thanks for the info in advance

AllenWL

Quote from: Ykara on August 30, 2015, 07:57:42 PM

Quote from: AllenWL on August 30, 2015, 08:05:15 AM
Yeah, the purple square stands for a missing texture. But there is a texture and it works fine for me. I really don't know what causes your problem :/ Maybe redownloading the mod works, who knows.

Tried redownloading. Didn't work.
I'll try again later when I have more time.