[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Scelous

I'm running A12C, and this mod doesn't seem to work.  Does it work for C or D?

Ykara

Quote from: Scelous on August 31, 2015, 03:18:25 PM
Everything should work fine, what doesn't work for you?

Florius

Hi! I found a small exploit. I am not really sure if it is your mod, or in core Rimworld, and I don't really think you can do something about it.

One of my colonists got it's foot shot of (Don't ask me how) and I removed the leg, and installed the same leg I just removed and "magically" it has a foot back on it!

Let me know if you can do something about this or if I should report it at bugs.

Ykara

Quote from: Florius on August 31, 2015, 03:53:02 PM
Hi! I found a small exploit. I am not really sure if it is your mod, or in core Rimworld, and I don't really think you can do something about it.

One of my colonists got it's foot shot of (Don't ask me how) and I removed the leg, and installed the same leg I just removed and "magically" it has a foot back on it!

Let me know if you can do something about this or if I should report it at bugs.
Yes, I'm aware of that. But it's neither a bug nor an error in my mod. It's just how body parts work. You can take a look into the Bodies_Humanlike to understand why it works that way. Unfortunately there is no way to fix that, unless I remove the feature to install natural legs :/

Florius

Yeah I already thought so, and I understand how it works, not a programmer or anything but it makes sense to me! But I thought let me just report it just in case! :)

Ykara

Quote from: Florius on August 31, 2015, 07:29:07 PM
Yeah I already thought so, and I understand how it works, not a programmer or anything but it makes sense to me! But I thought let me just report it just in case! :)
Thanks for reporting, I was thinking about removing the feature to install natural body parts for some time, but I'm not quite sure if I should...

Ninefinger

Quote from: Ykara on August 31, 2015, 08:15:26 PM
Quote from: Florius on August 31, 2015, 07:29:07 PM
Thanks for reporting, I was thinking about removing the feature to install natural body parts for some time, but I'm not quite sure if I should...

I had sparked a debate over this earlier with a straw poll and seems the consensus was to leave it as it is so that people can harvest from prisoners...

Lady Wolf

Imho leaving it in would be ideal, since installing natural body parts is the only way to fix a prostophobe back to functionality without all the negative mood modifiers from getting implants.  (Not to mention natural parts are much more affordable functional replacements than cybernetics. )

Too-DAMN-Much

maybe leave it as is, but have a chance for organ rejection by the body? keeping spare parts refrigerated would improve the success chance.

those are my two cents. :)

Scelous

Quote from: Ykara on August 31, 2015, 03:47:43 PM
Quote from: Scelous on August 31, 2015, 03:18:25 PM
Everything should work fine, what doesn't work for you?

Please disregard; I am a moron.

Florius

Quote from: Lady Wolf on August 31, 2015, 09:24:45 PM

Imho leaving it in would be ideal, since installing natural body parts is the only way to fix a prostophobe back to functionality without all the negative mood modifiers from getting implants.  (Not to mention natural parts are much more affordable functional replacements than cybernetics. )

Although one of the problems I had is that several colonist went totally beserk because I tried to fix their leg, but they had the -30 mood buff because their organs were harvested

AllenWL

Quote from: Ykara on August 31, 2015, 06:08:16 PM
Quote from: Florius on August 31, 2015, 03:53:02 PM

Yes, I'm aware of that. But it's neither a bug nor an error in my mod. It's just how body parts work. You can take a look into the Bodies_Humanlike to understand why it works that way. Unfortunately there is no way to fix that, unless I remove the feature to install natural legs :/

Can't you do something like making the legs unharvestable if the food or other sub-part of it is gone?

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Florius on September 01, 2015, 05:10:59 AM

Although one of the problems I had is that several colonist went totally beserk because I tried to fix their leg, but they had the -30 mood buff because their organs were harvested

The trick with that is you need to install a cheap prosthetic first, (like a peg leg or eye patch) to remove the damaged organ, then you can perform a second surgery to put the functional limb back on.

Usually with things like shattered limbs or whatever you can just install the new flesh and blood one without needing to faff about with a prosthetic first, but the extra step is necessary when you want to replace a arm or leg that has a bunch of missing fingers/toes, or an eye with cataracts.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: joshwoo69 on September 01, 2015, 09:33:41 PM
Latta made a mod that enables the surgery tab for animals! Rejoice! https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11171.new;topicseen#new

Once someone else adds in the recipes for it I'll celebrate, until then it's just a (very useful) step in the right direction.  ;)