[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Ectoplasm

When you create a synthetic heart with the synthetic organ assembler, after you install it the name changes to artificial heart. Yet all the other body parts created on this bench are called Synthetic [body part]. Might be a small mislabeling I wanted to mention.

I finally got round to upgrading 4 of my starting pawns with the full set of deluxe upgrades. God damn, that's all I'll say! Other than I love this mod. :)

T-Wrecks

Hey Ykara. I love your mod but I have some things I want to say.

There is two reasons that I will not download it. Firstly the mod has 6 work tables.
Again don't get me wrong, I really like your mod, but I keep coming back to it and not liking the fact that it contains 6 worktables (which is like nearly as many as the base game). Secondly it kinda bugs me when some of them are not the same size as the ones from the base game. Is there any chance you would make a fix for me and people like me?

Please don't take offense, I really do love your mod and I really want to use it. But all those workbenches rub me the wrong way. I always end up thinking hard about using it and then deciding not to as a result. D:

Entropy147

I think I found a bug! - I installed the drugged rib, and they got the debuff from having the silent jaw even though the pawn didn't have a silent jaw implanted

Ykara

Quote from: T-Wrecks on September 30, 2015, 11:12:58 PM
Hey Ykara. I love your mod but I have some things I want to say.

There is two reasons that I will not download it. Firstly the mod has 6 work tables.
Again don't get me wrong, I really like your mod, but I keep coming back to it and not liking the fact that it contains 6 worktables (which is like nearly as many as the base game). Secondly it kinda bugs me when some of them are not the same size as the ones from the base game. Is there any chance you would make a fix for me and people like me?

Please don't take offense, I really do love your mod and I really want to use it. But all those workbenches rub me the wrong way. I always end up thinking hard about using it and then deciding not to as a result. D:

Well, I can kind of understand why you don't want to use it, but I think 6 workbenches are not that much. It's a pretty extensive mod and having only one workbench would be extremely confusing. Also it has to do with researching,  it just feels better to be able to build a new workbench instead of having 15 new recipes available. And that's not going to change in further  updates, but I'm thinking about making a lite edition for people like you, with less stuff and less workbenches. Maybe I should make a new poll.
And about the different bench sizes: I've added that because someone noted that it takes too much size to build all the workbenches, I don't know why this bothers you ^^

Quote from: Sentry on October 01, 2015, 06:34:00 PM
I think I found a bug! - I installed the drugged rib, and they got the debuff from having the silent jaw even though the pawn didn't have a silent jaw implanted
That bug was fixes a while ago in a silent update, so congratulations, you were one of the first 800 downloaders before I've released the fix! ^^
Just redownload the mod from the main post, this should fix your problem.

Lord_Mime

I was wondering if you planned on allowing the use of human meat to help make organs and other organic components.   I don't understand how a fleshy part that i can harvest from a prisoner can be made using only metals.  It would be nice to see organic parts made of fleshy base components, but synthetics or other more advanced parts could use fleshy parts and metals.    Plus, it would give a use to all that human meat that is waiting to be sold off since its useless otherwise.

T-Wrecks

Thanks for the reply Ykara. As for why the smaller work benches bother me, there are no other 2 length workbenches in vanilla and so it doesn't seem consistent with the base game to me.

Thanks for the reply again. :)

CrazyEyes

This is a great mod, I've been having a blast with it since I installed it. The diversity of parts is great and really helps when my colonists get random bits shot off. Plus it's amusing to fit someone with advanced bionic arms and legs, an exoskeleton, an adrenaline rib and brain implants and watch them soar around the map.  ;D

What I would like to see are more replacement bones, specifically ribs, that aren't quite so expensive to make but don't have any special function. Right now the only way to fix a shattered rib is kind of expensive and gated behind a bit of research.

It'd also be great if installing a bionic part in a colonist gave a happy thought (maybe a bigger bonus for an advanced part) that fades after a while. This is mostly because when I "upgrade" my colonists I like to harvest their useful organs first so as not to waste a perfectly good eye or leg. However, this results in lingering, stacking bad thoughts that result in the colonist moping around or throwing tantrums for weeks even though what I actually did was make them into a demigod.

Thanks for reading my requests and for all the work you put into this mod.  :)
Before you talk to me, I should warn you: I am kind of strange.

Thorin

I have a cheater in my base  ;D .

For crafting Vancidium, you need crafting 10 and research 5 (if memory service me correctly). But this pawn is not able to do research (backstory related) yet manages to craft it anyway (has crafting 10 thou).

Not that I'm objecting to it. If needed I can provide a screenshot.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: Thorin on October 13, 2015, 06:35:16 AM
I have a cheater in my base  ;D .

For crafting Vancidium, you need crafting 10 and research 5 (if memory service me correctly). But this pawn is not able to do research (backstory related) yet manages to craft it anyway (has crafting 10 thou).

Not that I'm objecting to it. If needed I can provide a screenshot.
spank that pawn :P

Thorin

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on October 13, 2015, 11:17:59 AM
spank that pawn :P

I will give you permission to drain his blood, that should teach him.
* and I don't mind having a vampire in my colony evilgrin *
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Alton01

Why there are diferent kind of ribs? what they do?? help please  :(

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: Alton01 on October 14, 2015, 07:49:06 PM
Why there are diferent kind of ribs? what they do?? help please  :(
one is anti septic so heals infecoons faster the otherone i asuse stops the binge drinking beer becuse it has its own mini bar XD

koisama

Feedback and bug reports incoming:

Bugs/Issues
1. Sometimes, bionics and advanced bionics project "work to make" will go below 1, making it impossible to complete.
2. Removing a "defective" body part produces healthy body part. A leg with a stab scar becomes a leg, installing it on someone else will result in a completely normal leg without any defects.
3. Bionic arms and feet can be removed, but the bionic part will just disappear. And both "big" and "small" implants have the same bonus despite having different cost.
4. Gold tile still requires 85 units of gold and gold still stacks at 400.

Feedback and suggestions
1. Gold volume should be returned back to x20. Vancidium will become more expensive in gold, but recipes can be tweaked to counter that. But at least it'll be possible to craft gold tiles.
2. Advanced bionics could use a little nerf (see below):

3. Textiles trader should have less silver and bring more clothes and 3-5 random types of fabric in much fewer quantities. And no (or very few, or very expensive) wool, because it completely devalues wool-giving animals.
4. There are too many workbenches. It'll be nice to only have two for organs and prosthesis, and one or two upgrades (like tool cabinets or multi-analyzers) to unlock more advanced recipes.
5. Artificial skin "implant" for treating scars?
6. Maybe, a vancidium tile with more beauty and/or cleanliness?

Selonianth

I get that you want more research to be required in order to make the parts but I don't think you'd need to have 6 unique workbenches for that. Maybe 3 honestly, with research unlocking recipes instead of a new workbench.

aGuyNamdJesus

Ok, I don't post much here but I found a pretty game breaking bug. I searched the forums for each mod I have (only a small handful) and can't find anything so I will post it here and copy it to each of the others.

I use

Combat Realism CORE
Combat Realism Defence Pack
Community Core Library
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
Numbers

All currently up to date and running just fine except for one thing...

Cooking tables are built but never show up. It's like they disappear. Kinda important. Just thought I'd let each mod author know so they may find it if it's something with theres.