[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Sigan

I would totally insert that if statement to overcome this.  Where does that go?

harpo99999

it would have to be inserted into the dll part of the mod, and I suspect in the worker modul, BUT I am NOT a dll rimworld modder to confirm this

starburst98

i think i got it. it's an order of operations error. if they get the simple prosthetic and then the materials its reads it like "make a plasteel item" but if you get the steel, plasteel and then the simple prosthetic it reads as "make a simple prosthetic item". 'simple prosthetic' is not a type of stuff so the game locks up.  it happens most often with the power arm because if ether the power claw or the bionic arm are last it locks it. way to help fix it is to make a prosthetic only stockpile right next to the crafting benches with the plasteel and such further away to improve your odds of them grabbing things in the right order. anything with two 'stuff' components will be safe even if they grab a material first because they will grab
stuff>item>stuff. the power arm and other items with only one 'stuff' component will need to be manged because they could grab stuff>item and not get a second stuff because most upgraded components just have the bionic item and vancidium.

Smexy_Vampire

Minnigin

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on October 30, 2015, 07:08:11 AM
no one has vigured out why we cant harvest arms ?

been checking daily for this aswell, if I could code I'd do it myself..

Brigadon

Hey Ykara, is it possible to set up specific graphics for the different items? If so, I'd be happy to create some specific graphics for the various parts, rather than just little red and white boxes for everything.

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: Brigadon on October 30, 2015, 01:11:25 PM
Hey Ykara, is it possible to set up specific graphics for the different items? If so, I'd be happy to create some specific graphics for the various parts, rather than just little red and white boxes for everything.
i think in the thing .def it ask for a item text file you point it to the new one ? example

<graphicData>
<texPath>Things/Item/BodyPart/ArtificialBone</texPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
</graphicData>

Brigadon

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: Brigadon on October 30, 2015, 01:46:30 PM
heh, I wasn't planning on altering someone else's mod.

for your own play its fine but you want to officaly do art for him/her ?

Ykara

Quote from: starburst98 on October 29, 2015, 07:09:47 AM
i think i got it. it's an order of operations error. if they get the simple prosthetic and then the materials its reads it like "make a plasteel item" but if you get the steel, plasteel and then the simple prosthetic it reads as "make a simple prosthetic item". 'simple prosthetic' is not a type of stuff so the game locks up.  it happens most often with the power arm because if ether the power claw or the bionic arm are last it locks it. way to help fix it is to make a prosthetic only stockpile right next to the crafting benches with the plasteel and such further away to improve your odds of them grabbing things in the right order. anything with two 'stuff' components will be safe even if they grab a material first because they will grab
stuff>item>stuff. the power arm and other items with only one 'stuff' component will need to be manged because they could grab stuff>item and not get a second stuff because most upgraded components just have the bionic item and vancidium.
Yep, that's the retarded unfinished item system, I still don't get why I need to use stuff. Maybe I could make prostheses into stuff just to fix this error, it's worth a try.

Quote from: Brigadon on October 30, 2015, 01:11:25 PM
Yep, that's possible, like Smexy_Vampire said. Specific graphics sound great, but I don't know how they would fit in with the vanilla graphics style. But you're free to contribute to the mod if you want to!

LanMc

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on October 30, 2015, 07:08:11 AM
no one has vigured out why we cant harvest arms ?
Quote from: Minnigin on October 30, 2015, 09:04:16 AM
been checking daily for this aswell, if I could code I'd do it myself..

Okay, I can harvest all body parts in my heavily modded game.  I am not sure where the issue for you lies?  That being said...

The code to harvest can be found in ThingDefs folder in the Races_Humanlike.xml.  It's this line under recipes that adds the ability to remove all predefined body parts.

<li>RemoveBodyPart</li>

The code is generalized meaning any body parts defined in the BodyPartDefs folder's file Body_Parts.xml should be removable. 

The question then is - what mods are you using that changes the Body Part Defs and what order do you have them installed in? 

Have you tried placing EPOE at the bottom of your mod load order?  That could help resolve these issues as EPOE defines left and right arms in the body part defs.  If that doesn't work, try turning off mods to find the culprit that is causing the issue. 

Hope this helps...
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Minnigin

I was using ultimate overhaul and ninefingers didnt have EPOE on the bottom, did what you suggested and can now harvest arms, thank you soooo much LanMc, you have my gratitude

LanMc

Quote from: Minnigin on October 30, 2015, 03:05:02 PM
I was using ultimate overhaul and ninefingers didnt have EPOE on the bottom, did what you suggested and can now harvest arms, thank you soooo much LanMc, you have my gratitude

I am happy to know I helped!   ;D
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

starburst98

Quote from: Ykara on October 30, 2015, 02:00:41 PM
Yep, that's the retarded unfinished item system, I still don't get why I need to use stuff. Maybe I could make prostheses into stuff just to fix this error, it's worth a try.

what about something to force getting things in a specific order? if they always grab a prosthetic first then it wont happen.

Smexy_Vampire

Rimsenal_Federation was brakeing arm harvesting for some reason and funky stuff with harvested orgens i cant use them its acting like there anotother racelike