[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Brigadon

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on October 30, 2015, 01:50:42 PM
Quote from: Brigadon on October 30, 2015, 01:46:30 PM
heh, I wasn't planning on altering someone else's mod.

for your own play its fine but you want to officaly do art for him/her ?

Something like that.

letsdance

is it possible to easily add the basic receipes to the more advanced workbenches? so when i have researched everything i woud only need one workbench that can produce everything (or lets say, one for prosthetics/bionics and one for organs). if yes, how could i do that?

edit: found it. i copied the recipes lists in the defs

Arrean

So, guys. I was able to pinpoint the source of that bug, when it assigns wrong stuff type and then freaks out and never finishes the unfinished item because of "Operation is not valid due to current state of the object.".
First of all - it is the same bug. It is really hard to get solid repro, but when first part happens, second one is always there.

Now to why it is hard to get solid repro.
Because of this function in rimworld source code:
Code (c#) Select
private static Thing GetDominantIngredient( List<Thing> ingredients )
{
return ingredients.RandomElementByWeight( ing=>ing.stackCount );
}

What you see here is a method that is called whenever there is "unfinished item" to be created.
This code here, as I understand returns dominant element which will be the stuff unfinished item is made of. Problem is this systems seems to never be intended for use with "not stuff", so it freaks out.. I'll dig deeper, but there is only so much source code Tynan included in the releases, so my abilities are limited.

UPD:I'm dumb. It weighs it based on stackcount, and returns whichever ingredient is prevalent based on amount. The problem is the fact that it still for some reason sometimes returns item instead of actual "stuff" even though stack count of item is always 1.
Unfortunately I cannot think of any suitable workaround. And I was unable to find full code of
"RandomElementByWeight" method.

But, now we now. It has nothing to do with order of bringing it to the workbench for sure.

starburst98

i think order does have an issue, and it's also related to it not being stuff. silver is a small item, correct? hypothetically what happens when you make something that has 1(20) silver and 10 steel? silver is technically more but it's a small item. there is probably code about how to decide which is larger, which breaks when non-stuff is involved and assigns the last item as largest.
i say this because after deciding that order matters and micromanaging my guys so they always bring a 'stuff' last, i have never had the problem happen again.

LanMc

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on October 30, 2015, 07:51:12 PM
Rimsenal_Federation was brakeing arm harvesting for some reason and funky stuff with harvested orgens i cant use them its acting like there anotother racelike

Rimsenal_Federation does define new races - the one that may be the issue is the Bion as it uses the basics for humanoid in body parts.  I personally don't use this mod... so I can test to see what may be causing the issue.  But from looking through the defs, there is no recipes defined for any of the new races in Rimsenal_Federation - the recipes listing is what can or cannot be fixed, removed, upgraded on the body parts and should be found in the race file under the thingDefs folder. 

If any of your colonists are a Bion then "operating" on them won't work without defining it in their thingDef race xml under recipes tag first. 

I recommend you talk to the author of Rimsenal_Federation and ask them to help you figure this issue out. 

Have to say...  Rimsenal_Federation does look interesting!  Hope you can get it all working together!
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Arrean

Quote from: starburst98 on October 31, 2015, 12:05:05 PM
i think order does have an issue, and it's also related to it not being stuff. silver is a small item, correct? hypothetically what happens when you make something that has 1(20) silver and 10 steel? silver is technically more but it's a small item. there is probably code about how to decide which is larger, which breaks when non-stuff is involved and assigns the last item as largest.
i say this because after deciding that order matters and micromanaging my guys so they always bring a 'stuff' last, i have never had the problem happen again.
It may have something to do with volume, but definitely not with order of operations. I had this error appear or not appear in both cases where my colonist brings item and then stuff or vice versa.
Also I've decompiled actual rimworld c# assembly and took a look at the code, I'm still having hard time trying to understand it due to the size of the code base, the fact that Tynan is much more skillful programmer than I am, and because decompiled code has no comments.
So we'll have to ask him for Proper info on this one. But nevertheless it has nothing to do with order of operations - that i am sure.
It just takes the List of ingredients used in bill, and thenk picks one to be dominant problem is the fact that in one place it uses Unity pseudo random number generation in process of determining which object from list to return. 

Good way to fix this behavior in this mod will be, unfortunately, to stop using "unfinished thing" system, and use regular bills instead.

hazey_sunshine

Is there a full list of stuff this adds to the game? I installed it to get a new spine for someone, but later read through some of the pages and found it wouldn't work on old saves... so want to stop using it for this game. Pretty sure the only thing I've got hanging around is a wooden foot, but wanted to check to be sure I'm not gonna break anything!

Sigan

As far as the Unfinished item bug goes:  thanks for looking into it.

Ykara

Quote from: hazey_sunshine on November 01, 2015, 02:29:13 PM
Is there a full list of stuff this adds to the game? I installed it to get a new spine for someone, but later read through some of the pages and found it wouldn't work on old saves... so want to stop using it for this game. Pretty sure the only thing I've got hanging around is a wooden foot, but wanted to check to be sure I'm not gonna break anything!
There's so much this mod adds, it's easier to make a list of prostheses not from EPOE ^^ The wooden foot is from EPOE, if that was your question.
And about the problem with the recipes: I'm currently pretty busy, but I'll see what I can do when I find some time.

letsdance

thx for providing this mod =) it seemed a flaw that i can't even craft basic prosthetics and you fixed it nicely.

i modified the mod to my personal preferences and played a game with it. i like it better this way:
removed advanced bionics and synthetics (some things aren't meant to be produced at a crash colony)
increased work time for bionics to 80,000 to 120,000 and skill requirements up to 15 (those aren't meant to be produced on a crash colony either, but maybe, given time with a skilled worker, you can)
removed prosthetic ingredients from bionics recipes (less micromanagement)
increased work time for simple prosthetics and surrogate organs and added moderate skill requirements (TODO: require different skills, don't tie it all to crafting)
moved basic prosthetics to smithing table
moved simple prosthetics and surrogate organs to bionic table (this is the only workbench added by the mod now)
bionic table unlocked with simple prosthetics research
bionics/surrogate recipes require their tech
removed your human corpse definitions (vanilla is detailed enough for me) and everything connected to it (medical ribs etc.)

Grundinburg

Quote from: LanMc on October 30, 2015, 02:05:40 PM
Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on October 30, 2015, 07:08:11 AM
no one has vigured out why we cant harvest arms ?
Quote from: Minnigin on October 30, 2015, 09:04:16 AM
been checking daily for this aswell, if I could code I'd do it myself..
The code to harvest can be found in ThingDefs folder in the Races_Humanlike.xml.  It's this line under recipes that adds the ability to remove all predefined body parts.

<li>RemoveBodyPart</li>

The code is generalized meaning any body parts defined in the BodyPartDefs folder's file Body_Parts.xml should be removable. 

...snipped

I'm in the same boat.  I had a look in the Core folder, BodyPartsDefs, and there was nothing in there for hands or arms.
Should it, and is that the (possible) cause of my missing amputated arms?
I have it in the EPOE BodyPartsDefs folder, and it has
</BodyPartDef>
<!--
<BodyPartDef>

Between the left arm and shoulder values, and
</BodyPartDef>
-->
<BodyPartDef>

between the values for the right arm and shoulder. 
I'm not a code understanderer, but is that meant to be there?  It seems to be the only two values that have it.

LanMc

Quote from: Grundinburg on November 02, 2015, 04:04:00 AM
I'm in the same boat.  I had a look in the Core folder, BodyPartsDefs, and there was nothing in there for hands or arms.
Should it, and is that the (possible) cause of my missing amputated arms?
I have it in the EPOE BodyPartsDefs folder, and it has
</BodyPartDef>
<!--
<BodyPartDef>

Between the left arm and shoulder values, and
</BodyPartDef>
-->
<BodyPartDef>

between the values for the right arm and shoulder. 
I'm not a code understanderer, but is that meant to be there?  It seems to be the only two values that have it.

Okay, yes, each item in the BodyPartDefs will be enclosed in <BodyPartDef> tags. 

Second...  In the core, I see both Left and right arms and both left and right hands.  Arms are included in EPOE but not hands.

Lastly...  What is your actual question?  Did you amputate arms from one pawn and have them vanish?  Or are you trying to amputate arms to replace the arms with bionics? 

An amputated arm is a thingDef Item - if you can remove the arm, then the issue changes to this rather than being unable to operate on them at all. 
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

toric

would anyone mind writing a compatibility patch for combat realism?

TLHeart

Quote from: toric on November 05, 2015, 01:02:56 PM
would anyone mind writing a compatibility patch for combat realism?

why, they work great together.

starburst98

HP differences. bionic parts should be stronger then normal parts, CR changes HP values of a lot of things.